Grand/Sapphire Princess

regan3

4 minutes ago, regan3 said:

What about the club class mini suites on Majestic Princess?

Majestic has two basic types of cc minis: M1 and M6. The M6 minis are on Lido and Marina, front corners of the ship. We had one on Marina, and there was partial covering on the forward part of the deck (the M6s on Marina have huge decks that go out over the bridge). I frankly don't know about the M6 balconies on Lido, but I suspect they're covered. The M1 balconies would all be covered, as far as I know. The sides of the Royal class ships are pretty much straight, rather than tiered like the Grand and Crown classes are.

Thank you.

Would prefer a covered balcony for an Alaskan cruise and like the extras with a club class but may have get a suite to get a covered balcony. Appears club class mini suites and mini suites are only on Dolphin Deck on Grand and Sapphire. Is there an option to get priority embarkation/disembarkation on Princess ($) without getting club class?

12 minutes ago, regan3 said:

Thank you.

Would prefer a covered balcony for an Alaskan cruise and like the extras with a club class but may have get a suite to get a covered balcony. Appears club class mini suites and mini suites are only on Dolphin Deck on Grand and Sapphire. Is there an option to get priority embarkation/disembarkation on Princess ($) without getting club class?

As far as I know, priority embarkation/debarkation is only given to suites, club class, Elites (boarding and leaving), and Platinum (boarding only). I agree with you on the covered balcony for AK. 

13 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

If you can get a mini suite (it's not club class) on deck 8 Emerald, those are completely covered.

However those rooms are often known to suffer from noise until midnight (or later) due to the Vista Lounge (Grand) / Club Fusion (Sapphire) right below them

• Like 2

Thank you for all the replies.

Looks like no mini suites on Grand or Sapphire have covered balconies that have a deck above and below them with rooms (not nightclubs/theaters, etc.). 

Might have to look at Holland America. 

• Like 1