Faster to the Fun- Panorama 2023

Just returned from an awesome cruise on the Panorama March of this year. We have another booked April. February was great in that we were sailing way below capacity. I have definitely found great  benefit in faster to the fun and want to know if anyone has any insights into it's return. Thanks!

2 hours ago, waveafterwave said:

Just returned from an awesome cruise on the Panorama March of this year. We have another booked April. February was great in that we were sailing way below capacity. I have definitely found great  benefit in faster to the fun and want to know if anyone has any insights into it's return. Thanks!

I went last year. Ship was about 50% occupied.  It was nice

6 hours ago, waveafterwave said:

Apparently because of this staff shortages they cannot offer this or priority boarding to P/D passengers. But don’t worry you can still spend money on everything else! 

We also went on the Panorama back when it was reduced capacity in September ‘21 and 💙💙  the space everywhere! It was our first cruise on her. I always bought FTTF, but on this cruise I finally made Platinium!!

We went back in March of this year, it was definitely more crowded. But, still had a wonderful time❣️

🛳🛳
Bobbi

Edited by Markmom18
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, stobe1 said:

Hopefully it doesn't come back.

I would hope it’s back by March. I am half way through GOLD and would love to have an option for gold cards to have first crack at it.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 9:52 PM, Stick93 said:

Apparently because of this staff shortages they cannot offer this or priority boarding to P/D passengers. But don’t worry you can still spend money on everything else! 

Why would you assume I'm looking to throw money away? 😂 I'm not. FTTF works for us. So, till my little gold self makes it to D/P status, I'll sure as hell pay to join those in priority boarding/debarkation lounges. 

• Like 3

OK, my snide remark for the day:

I find it amusing when (certain, not all) D/Ps complain that the hoi polloi can get similar benefits as they have by simply buying FTTF, because "D/Ps have earned those benefits, you shouldn't be able to just buy them!"

Um, you earned them by spending lots of money on cruises, which had that weird side effect of having an actual cruise to enjoy.  

This isn't like the rock band experience of "paying your dues" by gigging small pubs, bars, and clubs, and finally getting you chance to play the local hockey arena.  This is purely a financial transaction.

Unless, maybe those grouchy D/Ps have a point - you also shouldn't be able to book a suite unless D&P, you have to have suffered through regular balconies, and even then, only as Gold: Red and Blues should be limited to Insides and OVs - they can't just buy their way into those benefits!

/sarcasm

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I find it amusing when (certain, not all) D/Ps complain that the hoi polloi can get similar benefits as they have by simply buying FTTF, because "D/Ps have earned those benefits, you shouldn't be able to just buy them!"

Um, you earned them by spending lots of money on cruises, which had that weird side effect of having an actual cruise to enjoy.  

This isn't like the rock band experience of "paying your dues" by gigging small pubs, bars, and clubs, and finally getting you chance to play the local hockey arena.  This is purely a financial transaction.

Unless, maybe those grouchy D/Ps have a point - you also shouldn't be able to book a suite unless D&P, you have to have suffered through regular balconies, and even then, only as Gold: Red and Blues should be limited to Insides and OVs - they can't just buy their way into those benefits!

/sarcasm

I have only about a dozen cruises on 5 different lines.  I will be going on my second Carnival.  I got FTTF for my only other Carnival, which was 12/14. I believe it was relatively new as it was $50. A cabin then.  I liked it and I would do it again if available.  It’s not the same for you because I have to pay.  It was $100 a cabin last I looked.I have 3 cabins booked.  That is $300.  I understand that you think hat this dilutes your status, but if I was Carnival, I would bring it back yesterday as I think it has to be a big money maker for them.  Surprised it is taking so long!

On 7/27/2022 at 9:24 AM, ProgRockCruiser said:

/sarcasm

I am a Diamond member (and not one that acts all entitled, most times I play it down like if someone noticed the color on my card I just blow it off like it is no big deal) and see nothing wrong with Carnival making some extra cash by selling faster to the fun.  Family members of mine have bought it when they cruised with us at my suggestion.  

I do however feel that those that have earned the privilege's through loyalty should be prioritized over those that spent a small amount to buy it. Not an elitist attitude, as someone in a service industry I just feel loyalty should be rewarded if a company wants to excel in customer service.

Example, they still prioritize boarding by allowing Suites/Diamond/Platinum to board first then FTTF.  Same thing at debarkation.  Most other benefits are similar and do not bother me.

The one thing it annoys me is guest services though.  FTTF uses the same line as Diamond and Platinum.  I can't count the number of times that I have had to stand in a huge line the last night at guest services because (and I mean this literally), 10 people in front of me that were in like 3 cabins together are hassling the Guest Services Agent about:  "WHAT IS THIS CHARGE? you ripping me off? (That is gratuities sir), I didn't buy that drink listed on my bill (while they have 40 other drink charges on there), Stupid petty complaints left and right and "you should take something off my bill," you get the picture.  I am there to simply give them some cash on my account and settle up and walk away in 5 minutes and I ended up standing their 45 minutes to an hour.  So it does dilute things and takes away from advantages of a program that has been earned. 

To your point, you are correct, I enjoyed every cruise all the way to get there and got what I paid for.  But I also continued to cruise with Carnival and spend (I would rough estimate) over $100,000 to earn those privilege's.  That's why knowing someone spent $100 to get the same thing when standing there with that hot mess in front of me is annoying.

1 hour ago, wemjam said:

To your point, you are correct, I enjoyed every cruise all the way to get there and got what I paid for.  But I also continued to cruise with Carnival and spend (I would rough estimate) over $100,000 to earn those privilege's.  That's why knowing someone spent $100 to get the same thing when standing there with that hot mess in front of me is annoying.

Good points.  And I was somewhat tongue in cheek.

I do wonder why folks are so eager to grouse about completely legit charges.  Well, OK, I don't wonder...

btw, have you considered just using a Credit Card and avoiding the cash-on-last day stuff altogether?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Good points.  And I was somewhat tongue in cheek.

I do wonder why folks are so eager to grouse about completely legit charges.  Well, OK, I don't wonder...

btw, have you considered just using a Credit Card and avoiding the cash-on-last day stuff altogether?

I always use a credit card when I set up my sail and sign account.  Very often though I have Carnival Gift cards I got a 10% off to use and/or left over cash I haven't spent by the end and like to use those to reduce/eliminate my balance before I get off so I don't have to pay a CC bill when I get home.

15 hours ago, Stick93 said:

I just got an email that in my upcoming cruise my room may not be ready but i can go to it and drop off my stuff as a platinum cruiser - I wasn't going to but now.....

Yes, this practice has never gone away, even after start up they were still allowing Diamond and Platinum guests to go to their room and drop luggage and leave.

However, we still need to allow stateroom stewards to do their job and not try to actually go into and start using or settling in to our rooms until the appropriate time (which right now is 1:30 on every ship I have been on).  It is just too hard for them when everyone gets in the way and they aren't finished yet.

6 hours ago, wemjam said:

Yes, this practice has never gone away, even after start up they were still allowing Diamond and Platinum guests to go to their room and drop luggage and leave.

However, we still need to allow stateroom stewards to do their job and not try to actually go into and start using or settling in to our rooms until the appropriate time (which right now is 1:30 on every ship I have been on).  It is just too hard for them when everyone gets in the way and they aren't finished yet.

You are correct  - if you are not diamond or platinum - please don't go and drop stuff off in the room. 

10 minutes ago, TheSeagoer said:

What's it like being an elitist 

It’s not being an elitist. It’s a perk that carnival Extended to me for being a valued customer. If the premise is that a diamond and a platinum member cannot be trusted to drop their stuff and move on from the cabin they should not offer it to any of them. If they are offering it to us then yes I will take advantage of that.  
i’m not responsible for any other passenger who doesn’t know how to behave on the ship. I remember on my first cruise when I had zero nights under my belt being told that my cabin would not be ready until 1:30 and I didn’t go to my room. It’s not hard to understand that. 

2 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

It’s not being an elitist. It’s a perk that carnival Extended to me for being a valued customer. If the premise is that a diamond and a platinum member cannot be trusted to drop their stuff and move on from the cabin they should not offer it to any of them. If they are offering it to us then yes I will take advantage of that.  
i’m not responsible for any other passenger who doesn’t know how to behave on the ship. I remember on my first cruise when I had zero nights under my belt being told that my cabin would not be ready until 1:30 and I didn’t go to my room. It’s not hard to understand that. 

No it's being elitist telling others want to do. People in other cabins have no access to the cabins until instructed

Just now, TheSeagoer said:

No it's being elitist telling others want to do. People in other cabins have no access to the cabins until instructed

I didn’t realize that I get to make the rules on the ship. I was pretty sure that I got an email from Carnival telling me the rules that I have to play by. Can I quote you to the captain when they ask me why I’m telling people what to do that I have the right to make the rules?

The people in the other cabins can cruise 75 days and get the same perk - And come here and get lectured by people like you not to take advantage of it

• Haha 1