Radiance of the Seas

We are booked on this ship for a 3B starting in October.  Wondering if anyone who has been on the ship recently can share some insight about it.  We did 6 sailing on the Navigator earlier this year and found the ship to be really cool in the evenings but loved that ship and staff.   So wanting feedback on temperatures onboard, best food places, thing to try not to miss, etc as we have not sailed this ship before.  Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.  We are very excited for this trip.  This will be late birthday gifts to each other and an early celebration of 40 years together. 

• Like 1

Since the ship is sailing out of alaska, I'm not sure temperatures will be comparable to new orleans departures. Menus are fleet wide and will be the same from ship to ship. 

I'm also waiting. I'm booked jan 30th. I'll bring my hoodie as winter can be cool onboard. 

I haven’t been on Radiance since pre COVID so I do not have current details about temp, shows.  I have been on 2 other cruises since the start up and the menu was the same on both and good for the most part, but everyone‘s opinion is different.  

I will say that I loved Radiance.  Great views.  I loved picking up food in the windjammer and then going to the very back of the ship and sitting in the open air seating area.  

2 hours ago, Cherful59 said:

I haven’t been on Radiance since pre COVID so I do not have current details about temp, shows.  I have been on 2 other cruises since the start up and the menu was the same on both and good for the most part, but everyone‘s opinion is different.  

I will say that I loved Radiance.  Great views.  I loved picking up food in the windjammer and then going to the very back of the ship and sitting in the open air seating area.  

Sounds good.  We enjoyed the MDR on the navigator all 6x this year.  I will bring a shawl/sweater this time just to be sure. 

17 hours ago, imola said:

We are booked on this ship for a 3B starting in October.  Wondering if anyone who has been on the ship recently can share some insight about it.  We did 6 sailing on the Navigator earlier this year and found the ship to be really cool in the evenings but loved that ship and staff.   So wanting feedback on temperatures onboard, best food places, thing to try not to miss, etc as we have not sailed this ship before.  Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.  We are very excited for this trip.  This will be late birthday gifts to each other and an early celebration of 40 years together. 

Hi, we recently did a b2b in June, weather was cool on week one and then in the 70's on week 2, we found the temperature to be pleasant onboard the whole time, in the evenings I wore short sleeves, day times wore shorts all over the ship, could get quite warm in the solarium.   We enjoyed the champagne bar and the schooner bar as it was nice to sit and watch the world go by, ate in the MDR on week one and never had any issues and in the WJ week 2 which was also nice., ate breakfast in the MDR/Park cafe and WJ and was always pleasant.   The shows were pretty good, we did go to the port shopping show, was OK but went way over time.  We also liked seeing a movie as the ship has a cinema.   Hope this helps.