Upgrade from Aqua to Sky Suite

zitsky

1 minute ago, techteach said:

@Jim_Iain Please excuse a stupid question from a first timer — when you see the bid, is that for the whole cruise or per night? Thanks in advance.

The bid amount is per person for the entire cruise.    So if you bid $500 it would actually cost $1,000  

By the way there is no stupid questions.     I learn something new here all the time.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

You Can't.

X will notify you if your Bid is accepted. And no if you Bid on 2 or 3 options you will only be billed for the one you are awarded (is that a good choice of wording?) and it could be in the last few days before the cruise sails.

If you have a credit card with text notifications, you may first find out when a Ding shows up on your phone with a Charge by X.

I once found out because the New Cabin Number was shown on my Set Sail boarding pass when I checked their website 2 days before the cruise. 

The luggage tags never updated so I just used whiteout on my tags and filled in the new cabin number. Bags made it to our cabin just fine.

• Like 1

Correct you can't track.   Best way to look at it is a Silent Auction.   You bid and you will later find out if you won or lost.   You have no visibility of what others have bid.

You can however click the link on the original confirmation and can see if bids a Pending, cancelled or Won.    The first communication will be a charge to your credit card followed by an email that you won.   If you were not selected you will get a rejection at 48 hours before checkin.

• Like 1

May I ask the OP which ship is involved?  If E class I would do my level best to upgrade within reason.

If the AQ cabin is wake overlooking on Deck 11 M class, I wouldn't bother.   S Class the price would have to be right.  JMO.  YMMV.