checking in on a computer vs celebrity app

lifeisrealygood

This may sound like it is being posted by a really old guy, and, guess what, it is!!!!  I have always checked in for my cruises using my computer.  The only item that needed downloaded to the on-line check in process was our photos.  Everything else was just input information.  

Now we have a Celebrity App to be accessed via a smart phone.  Here is my question(s).

Can I still check in via my computer?  I can download my photos and my vaccine information using this process.  I know I still have to access the app on my phone to use on the ship.  After I check in using my computer, and I download the Celebrity App, will the information I entered via the computer transfer to the Celebrity App on my phone?

8 hours ago, lifeisrealygood said:

This may sound like it is being posted by a really old guy, and, guess what, it is!!!!  I have always checked in for my cruises using my computer.  The only item that needed downloaded to the on-line check in process was our photos.  Everything else was just input information.  

Now we have a Celebrity App to be accessed via a smart phone.  Here is my question(s).

Can I still check in via my computer?  I can download my photos and my vaccine information using this process.  I know I still have to access the app on my phone to use on the ship.  After I check in using my computer, and I download the Celebrity App, will the information I entered via the computer transfer to the Celebrity App on my phone?

Most things transferred to my phone app.  I found it easier to use the app for uploading pictures are my phone automatically formatted them.

My DH opted out of cookies so no tracking except of the data entered into the app or website.

Yes, you certainly can use the computer, and everything you enter that way will transfer to the app.

I encourage you to try and use the app for checking in, though.  I've found it much, much easier.

You can use either/or or Both.      I usually use phone to make appointment when first opens.    Next day I use phone to scan in passport information and shoot a picture of Vac Certificate.   I usually use my desktop to fill in all the other information and upload  stock pictures I keep on my computer.

10 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I think you need to use the App to choose embarkation time.

I checked in via my Lap Top, but was directed to download the App when it came to choosing a time to embark.

You can also do it via the web but buried at the last step, but can just click arrival to go directly to it.

image.thumb.png.d84c4d2e9e06724d6457518c7c7a1c78.png

• Like 1