How close to the cruise can I purchase Carnivals cruise insurance?

tap_out

I have never been on to buy cruise insurance. 12 cruises without any problem and then...........NORO. I think I ended up with a $800 bill from the infirmary. Carnival was nice enough to give me $400 FCC. Anyway for the cheap price of cruise insurance and with everything going on with Covid travel, I will probably get the Insurance that Carnival offers. My question is how close to the cruise am I able to purchase the insurance. We sail August 15th and as of today looks like I still have the option to purchase an their website.  

Anybody have any insight on how close to the cruise this can be booked.  I know it's past final payment date as it still shows up as an option to purchase. 

No incentive on waiting, a few in our party are still up in the air if they are going to purchase or not. 

I cruised in April. I booked four days prior to departing and was able to get the Carnival insurance. I’m not sure if there’s an issue since you’ve already paid in full, but I doubt it. There are plenty of Carnival

Facebook groups that can probably answer your question very quickly. That is, if you are on FB…

30 minutes ago, smjpcruise said:

I cruised in April. I booked four days prior to departing and was able to get the Carnival insurance. I’m not sure if there’s an issue since you’ve already paid in full, but I doubt it. There are plenty of Carnival

Facebook groups that can probably answer your question very quickly. That is, if you are on FB…

My guess is that you were able to buy insurance that close to the cruise date because that is when you booked the cruise. I don't think Carnival would let someone who booked it a year earlier do that.