Check In

3 minutes ago, slyster said:

45 days....i have recommending doing it through website.  The app doesn't always work for 45 day check ins

I have found the app might be a few minutes behind, but it's superior for checkin.

When you check in on the website, you have to enter all the data, page by page, and can't get to a check-in time until you have finished.

On the app, you can scan your passport's bar code and that's entered. And you can skip to the check-in time page and snag an early slot, then go back at your leisure and fill in the rest.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, flamingos said:

I have found the app might be a few minutes behind, but it's superior for checkin.

When you check in on the website, you have to enter all the data, page by page, and can't get to a check-in time until you have finished.

On the app, you can scan your passport's bar code and that's entered. And you can skip to the check-in time page and snag an early slot, then go back at your leisure and fill in the rest.

Agree for all these reasons... the catch is it sometimes doesn't work at all, not that it's just a few minutes behind.

I had to use the website for my most recent cruise, which of course wasn't that big of a deal.

9 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

How did you upload the vaccine card? it told us you had to use the app

The app is only recommended. Not mandatory. You carry your vaccination card with you. On our March  Explorer cruise I put everything in the app and still was asked to see a hard copy of our vaccination cards and negative covid tests. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

The app is only recommended. Not mandatory. You carry your vaccination card with you. On our March  Explorer cruise I put everything in the app and still was asked to see a hard copy of our vaccination cards and negative covid tests. 

Yes, definitely carry your card with you -- in addition to uploading it. 

Your original card.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Yup...me too.  Every time.  Kind of redundant there.  😐

The only difference I saw, before I was able to download the app....was at check in at the terminal, they had to ask those health questions if I hadn't done so on the app.  That is about the only thing the app does to save time...IMHO.   But I do check in online at the 45 days...and do the app check in couple of days before now. 

Now...lets just hope we can skip the Covid tests pre-cruise soon.  😉 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

again, it would not let us take /upload a pic of the vac card through the web site. It said you must use the app for this particular task. I did the online check in this past sunday 

You don't need to use the app. If using the app you can stop at selecting your check in time (not boarding time). You do not have to fill in all the blanks. Not required. I didn't upload our pictures on the app and we had no problem checking in. No biggie.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

again, it would not let us take /upload a pic of the vac card through the web site. It said you must use the app for this particular task. I did the online check in this past sunday 

Is there a reason you do not want to/cannot use the app>

You just take a photo in-app and answer the questions about manufacturer and date.

4 minutes ago, flamingos said:

Is there a reason you do not want to/cannot use the app>

You just take a photo in-app and answer the questions about manufacturer and date.

??? I think you missed a few post .. have no issue using the app. Start off checking in on web site and it then directed me to complete the checkin on the app

Edited by Tulsacoker

10 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

??? I think you missed a few post .. have no issue using the app. Start off checking in on web site and it then directed me to complete the checkin on the app

Thanks, I was wondering about that. Doing to vaccine is much easier on the app, simply because you take the photo as part of the check-in.  FYI, it takes anywhere from a week to 3-4 weeks for it to be validated. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yup...me too.  Every time.  Kind of redundant there.  😐

The only difference I saw, before I was able to download the app....was at check in at the terminal, they had to ask those health questions if I hadn't done so on the app.  That is about the only thing the app does to save time...IMHO.   But I do check in online at the 45 days...and do the app check in couple of days before now. 

Now...lets just hope we can skip the Covid tests pre-cruise soon.  😉 

I do the same when (45 days) the app becomes available for our cruise. Which is only been one cruise (B2B) since 2019. Agree the app is a good tool and does help expedite the check in process at the terminal. Doing the health questioner and the muster drill on the app is a huge plus before even stepping foot on the ship. But for some reason a few think the app is mandatory. It's not! Like you no matter the pre cruise check in process I still print out everything require to board the ship. Old school. I don't want to be that person fumbling around with my phone (operator error or phone issues) trying to bring up all the required documentation in order to proceed. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, davekathy said:

But for some reason a few think the app is mandatory. 

If you are implying me I never said its mandatory. The OP asked (checking in on web or app ) and I said to complete the check in tasks it required me to use the app to upload the Vac proof. Never once did I say you had to complete all the task it asks 

1 hour ago, Tulsacoker said:

If you are implying me I never said its mandatory. The OP asked (checking in on web or app ) and I said to complete the check in tasks it required me to use the app to upload the Vac proof. Never once did I say you had to complete all the task it asks 

Nope. Never said you or implied you. Nor is it required to complete the check in process on the app. Optional to start it and finish using the app. That's all on you.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, flamingos said:

I just entered the info through the website.  Once the check in was complete, I remember going back in a week or so later to upload my vaccination picture and proof.  I didn't want to delay my check in so I checked in on the website and then went back in later to do some stuff through the app.

Edited by slyster

17 hours ago, davekathy said:

I do the same when (45 days) the app becomes available for our cruise. Which is only been one cruise (B2B) since 2019. Agree the app is a good tool and does help expedite the check in process at the terminal. Doing the health questioner and the muster drill on the app is a huge plus before even stepping foot on the ship. But for some reason a few think the app is mandatory. It's not! Like you no matter the pre cruise check in process I still print out everything require to board the ship. Old school. I don't want to be that person fumbling around with my phone (operator error or phone issues) trying to bring up all the required documentation in order to proceed. 

Me too.  I always...always print out that first page of the set sail pass.   Plus print and take with us the first two pages of the confirmation...which shows zero balance, room number...etc.  

I never wanted the app...and in fact my phone was not set up to use apps (I ended up going to AT&T store to have them help me load it), since it ended up being so much the ship insisted you use it for...I finally caved in and started using it.  

But totally agree....you don't have to have it.  😉 

• Thanks 1