Insurance Cancellation

emam

Megabear, good news your Aunt is finally coming home. Fingers crossed for a safe journey and hope you get her insurance sorted. 

From system 1 (doctors website) I have copied the appointments and meds list for both of us which I'm going to send to them.  Plus will be informing them of a negative result on a routine scan. I will ask if they need the results of any no action blood tests (which we don't have). Hopefully we will then have covered all bases.

What a clart on just for a holiday.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Pleased it was reasonable.  Paying toomuch are not an insurer, they are the price comparison site.  They will have allocated you to one of their panel of insurers, do you know which one as a matter of interest?  

The paperwork from Payingtoomuch is confusing as it makes it look as if they are your insurer, it's what confused my aunt as she thought they were her insurer when it was actually Good to Go.

https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/payingtoomuch

"Insurefor" is the insurer, but Payingtoomuch handle amendments, etc as the middleman. They were very efficient. 

When I said I was lucky, I meant getting a GP face to face appointment the same day. Result nowadays!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Thanks for the rant!  FYI we have been told if insurance won't pay out we will be sued if we fail to pay. No ifs, no buts legal action commenced in three months.  Luckily we do have the necessary funds available if required and they run into tens of thousands even allowing for GHIC cover.  You too may have the necessary monies and good luck to you, others however may not.  

You clearly think all insurance is a waste of money - no contents cover on your home is not one I see often.  Good luck, hope you don't get unwell on holiday, have a fire, get burgled, flooded or struck by lightning!

You need a better lawyer.

Just now, Megabear2 said:

I am one!!!!!!!

So your Aunt has a medical problem that the insurance may not be willing to pay out for, and you say "we" are going to get sued. Who are we? I'd love to know how anyone other than your Aunt could possibly be liable for any costs.

5 minutes ago, Trevor Fountain said:

Self insure what for tens of thousands of pounds?

Well, for a start, medical costs whilst on holiday

You only need to read Megabear's posts about her aunt to see that it is very easy to run up a bill in excess of £50k.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Trevor Fountain said:

So your Aunt has a medical problem that the insurance may not be willing to pay out for, and you say "we" are going to get sued. Who are we? I'd love to know how anyone other than your Aunt could possibly be liable for any costs.

"We" are her family who have powers of attorney and have had to sign personal individual authorities to allow her to have medical aid.

I was not allowed to leave the port without paying (me not her) Princess medical bill in the sum of $4,700.

Of course we could have refused to sign and accept liability but strangely we rather wanted to keep her alive!!

12 minutes ago, Billish said:

You only need to read Megabear's posts about her aunt to see that it is very easy to run up a bill in excess of £50k.

I've got medical insurance. I said I have insurance where I am compelled to have. You need insurance to travel with P&O.

13 minutes ago, Billish said:

Just now, Trevor Fountain said:

I've got medical insurance. I said I have insurance where I am compelled to have. You need insurance to travel with P&O.

Which implies that you do not have travel insurance when it is not compulsory. 

14 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

"We" are her family who have powers of attorney and have had to sign personal individual authorities to allow her to have medical aid.

I was not allowed to leave the port without paying (me not her) Princess medical bill in the sum of $4,700.

Of course we could have refused to sign and accept liability but strangely we rather wanted to keep her alive!!

Good job she wasn't a solo traveller then. 

You have probably raised the blood pressure of all solo cruisers, so hopefully they will let their insures aware of that.

2 minutes ago, Trevor Fountain said:

Does it? 

Yes, as you said you only had insurance when you were "compelled " to have it. 

There are plenty of foreign holidays where insurance is not compulsory,  so therefore,  by your own admission,  you will not take out  insurance.

• Like 1

Just now, Billish said:

Yes, as you said you only had insurance when you were "compelled " to have it. 

There are plenty of foreign holidays where insurance is not compulsory,  so therefore,  by your own admission,  you will not take out  insurance.

I only cruise. 

2 minutes ago, Trevor Fountain said:

Good job she wasn't a solo traveller then. 

You have probably raised the blood pressure of all solo cruisers, so hopefully they will let their insures aware of that.

Assuming you are a solo traveller then. Ironically so am I a lot of the time and as a result I am vert, very careful about health declarations even before this. 

You clearly just want to start another fight with anyone who isn't in your camp.  It is entirely up to you how you insure, if at all.  As you quite rightly pointed out you have to be insured to sail on a cruise ship from the UK so its rather fruitless continuing your diatribe against insurance. 

If you aren't a solo cruiser then I hope you are well prepared to look after any loved ones taken seriously ill as I can assure you it is highly distressing and very taxing.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I have this feeling that these forums are getting more like the USA ones, not good IMO

Totally agree. Having experienced the Princess one I hope a stop comes to all the aggressive baiting soon.  I thought the boards were for useful advice and suggestions not personal attacks on individuals. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Assuming you are a solo traveller then. Ironically so am I a lot of the time and as a result I am vert, very careful about health declarations even before this. 

You clearly just want to start another fight with anyone who isn't in your camp.  It is entirely up to you how you insure, if at all.  As you quite rightly pointed out you have to be insured to sail on a cruise ship from the UK so its rather fruitless continuing your diatribe against insurance. 

If you aren't a solo cruiser then I hope you are well prepared to look after any loved ones taken seriously ill as I can assure you it is highly distressing and very taxing.

Far be it for me to offer legal advice, but I would give up if I were you. Words like head and brick and wall come to mind. We do appreciate your advice. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Far be it for me to offer legal advice, but I would give up if I were you. Words like head and brick and wall come to mind. We do appreciate your advice. 

Thank you. I must say I was finding it ironic that a mere 6 hours ago Mr Fountain posted and told us all he wasn't going to spend any more time on the subject of insurance ... perhaps amnesia might be occurring after all those bricks flew round.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

15 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Totally agree. Having experienced the Princess one I hope a stop comes to all the aggressive baiting soon.  I thought the boards were for useful advice and suggestions not personal attacks on individuals. 

But let's not do away with all lively discussion, where people have valid but opposing views.

• Like 4

Just now, terrierjohn said:

But let's not do away with all lively discussion, where people have valid but opposing views.

I love a discussion and always prepared to debate anything - remember dear old Interestedcruisefan anyone?  However there's general discussion and then theirs baiting and personal attacks which have no place here or anywhere else.  

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I love a discussion and always prepared to debate anything - remember dear old Interestedcruisefan anyone?  However there's general discussion and then theirs baiting and personal attacks which have no place here or anywhere else.  

I do miss the award winning voulantary workers from...🤔.........was it knotty ash?.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

I do miss the award winning voulantary workers from...🤔.........was it knotty ash?.

Obviously something I am not aware of there, would love you to explain though.