What's the current situation w/ balcony furniture suite-wise?

Triptkr

Going over some videos on youtube, I noticed this one and was sort of 'alarmed' of the furniture that is on the Penthouse Suite balcony. By that, I mean there wasn't any cushions on the chairs and more importantly (to me) was the lack of loungers.   This video appeared to be recent but I'd love for someone who has had a Penthouse Suite on one of the Grand Class ships to give their input of recent experience.  I'm including a screenshot of the balcony to show what I'm referring to.  According to the person who posted this video it was of stateroom R408 on Emerald Princess.

image.thumb.png.f926168334ae222378cd80e023c5ed83.png

It will definitely depend on ship and deck. We were in a suite on the Majestic recently and there was really no way to use the furniture they crammed out there and it was so narrow that when seated you could not stretch out your legs

On the newer ships the suite balconies on the Riviera Deck are very narrow and what you see above is what you get (although I can not attest to cushions or not).  The PH Suites on Ri iera on Crown class ships are bigger than the newer shops and have a table, 4 chairs and 2 loungers.  This is why we always book aft PH Suites and definitely prefer the Grand and Crown class ships.  We have been on Majestic and Discovery in aft PH suites in the last 8 months.  Both times we specifically chose Dolphin decks because of the huge balconies.  Baja deck also has good size balconies, but the other decks are fairly small.

You can always request a lounger but I have only once had them bring it to a cabin that was not a full suite. I think they only did it because I’d been on the ship in a full suite for some time and had to switch to a caribe deck balcony due to lack of availability of a full suite for that leg. 

Here are some photos of Ruby aft facing PH balconies. Aloha deck is better than the caribe deck. These were taken this year. 

If you absolutely must take a mid ship PH and find there are no cushions on the chairs you should request them. If they are on the ship they will bring them. I have had to do this in the past on the rare occasion the cushion was MIA

A751

3EF06A47-78A9-4AD8-AD4F-457E43E1EE6D.jpeg

A751

67A15355-F78E-4B43-A768-10864906C9E5.jpeg

C749

C45DB530-E73B-4455-801D-A3EE214127BD.jpeg

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

You can always request a lounger but I have only once had them bring it to a cabin that was not a full suite. I think they only did it because I’d been on the ship in a full suite for some time and had to switch to a caribe deck balcony due to lack of availability of a full suite for that leg. 

Here are some photos of Ruby aft facing PH balconies. Aloha deck is better than the caribe deck. These were taken this year. 

If you absolutely must take a mid ship PH and find there are no cushions on the chairs you should request them. If they are on the ship they will bring them. I have had to do this in the past on the rare occasion the cushion was MIA

A751

A751

C749

Beautiful pictures!!  Thanks for taking the time to post those. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

A751

A751

C749

My happy spot for sure.  Our next 4 cruises are in B751 on Sapphire and then A751 on Crown and A751 on Emerald B2B.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DiRonT said:

My happy spot for sure.  Our next 4 cruises are in B751 on Sapphire and then A751 on Crown and A751 on Emerald B2B.

Very nice.  It’s hard to get those!  I was fortunate to get B750 on Sapphire for a 7 day this January and B750 on the Diamond for an 11 day in April.  I think I’m more excited about the cabin than I am the ports!  

Here’s pictures of D736 on the Ruby from this year. 

B7E60630-CFC3-45AB-B181-70828108C716.jpeg

4C8E21CC-2470-4DFF-AB7E-BCBC70D7FEC8.jpeg

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel