Live Cruising Review Turkey/Greek Islands NCL Jade 7/31/22 -8/7/22 

BennyBrun

Day 2

Once again I used my bargaining skills and bargain my way through the market… I thought faux leather bags and shirt were cheap in Cozumel but they are cheaper in Turkey.  I bought two pair of shorts and track pants for 350 lira which came out to about $21.00.  I got a lot of other art work / spices/ olive oil/ lavender petals and spent all together including lunch and drinks about $70.00 USD.

6EC9B32A-523A-4110-8BF1-4EF13CD561F3.jpeg

• Like 4

Day 2

The never ending line at the internet manager’s office … the WI-FI is soooo slow… I could not access CC using their Wi-Fi … CC is a free site to access too but after you each the landing page you are pretty much stuck there…

8062FDC5-6FE8-4814-81F8-72F7B4DE4752.jpeg

• Like 2

On 7/27/2022 at 10:25 AM, BennyBrun said:

Pre Cruise Covid Testing / Vaccine Requirement.

This part is a bit tricky 

CURRENTLY 
From NCL 

For all sailings before August 1st:

All vaccinated guests, regardless of age, must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or NAAT test (i.e., PCR) taken within 2 days of the embarkation date for cruises originating in a U.S. or Canadian port and within 3 days of the embarkation date for cruises originating from a non-U.S./Canadian port.

However this is not quite true… if you go down to the Greece section you find

Provide proof of one of the following:

1) Negative COVID-19 antigen test result administered by a verified third party within two days of the embarkation date

2) NAAT test (i.e. PCR) result administered by a verified third party within three days of embarkation date

3) COVID-19 Recovery Certificate*

so if you use EMED or rapid antigen you have to test two days before!  Double check the requirements before you go!

I’m trying to help a friend prepare for this cruise later in August. Her’s is the extended 9 day version.  We live in very small town and she is frustrated over lack of testing sites to meet her boarding criteria. Has anyone recently done this cruise and waited to test for Covid in the Athens airport or locally?  She leaves on Thursday arriving in Athens Friday morning sailing on Sunday. Any advice or tips greatly appreciated. The CC group is always so helpful. Wish I was going with her. 

The Market certainly is a destination in itself!! Gotta get me some of that "wrinkle disappearing" soap!..

The city and the market areas are so clean, very nice. Other than the soaps, did you happen to notice if there were many locally made items or is it the ubiquitous made in China stuff? e.g.the ceramics. And yes the prices are pretty great!
  • Like 2

@BennyBrun....thank you so much for your thorough pics of NCL ships.  After following your reviews I find it extremely helpful in seeing the different cruise lines ships, RC, Celebrity, NCL.  Having only sailed on Carnival and HAL I find it fascinating and interesting!

WOW that market looked amazing and I am NOT a shopper!  That was a destination all on its own for sure and well worth the walk.

The chicken wings you had as a snack that are "baked" to me looked like they were not cooked enough.  If I am having wings they need to be super well done and crispy!

This is another AMAZING review and it appears you are making some fantastic memories for yourself!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Blue Eyes said:

I’m trying to help a friend prepare for this cruise later in August. Her’s is the extended 9 day version.  We live in very small town and she is frustrated over lack of testing sites to meet her boarding criteria. Has anyone recently done this cruise and waited to test for Covid in the Athens airport or locally?  She leaves on Thursday arriving in Athens Friday morning sailing on Sunday. Any advice or tips greatly appreciated. The CC group is always so helpful. Wish I was going with her. 

NCL offers testing at the port free of charge currently.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, QuattroRomeo said:

The Market certainly is a destination in itself!! Gotta get me some of that "wrinkle disappearing" soap!..

The city and the market areas are so clean, very nice. Other than the soaps, did you happen to notice if there were many locally made items or is it the ubiquitous made in China stuff? e.g.the ceramics. And yes the prices are pretty great!

The ceramic prices were insane.  I did not notice anything from China but they have a lot of knock off luxury items.  If you are interested there are people that say let me show you my shop… they have the knock off stuff.

13 hours ago, Yesimapirate said:

How crowded is the ship?

Thanks so much for the incredible detail.  Very excited for my October cruise.

1687 people onboard.  It feels very empty but mask wearing is very loosely enforced.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

@BennyBrun....thank you so much for your thorough pics of NCL ships.  After following your reviews I find it extremely helpful in seeing the different cruise lines ships, RC, Celebrity, NCL.  Having only sailed on Carnival and HAL I find it fascinating and interesting!

WOW that market looked amazing and I am NOT a shopper!  That was a destination all on its own for sure and well worth the walk.

The chicken wings you had as a snack that are "baked" to me looked like they were not cooked enough.  If I am having wings they need to be super well done and crispy!

This is another AMAZING review and it appears you are making some fantastic memories for yourself!

Thanks so much!!!  The wings are usually fried so I am shocked they are baked.  It’s well cooked just not crispy.  I do like to travel on different lines based on my needs as you know so I am glad you get to see the other lines.  Not to worry I will be back to Carnival soon for the Celebration.

On 8/1/2022 at 12:19 AM, debenson0723 said:

There is actually an elevator that you can take to the top (and back down if you want).  3 of our group took the elevator and 3 of us did the climb...I almost felt it was harder going down than up (it is very slippery as mentioned). I went in November and it was virtually empty, with temps in the 70s. I could not have done this in the summer.

I thought the elevator is for documented handicapped people only, true or not?