Live Cruising Review Turkey/Greek Islands NCL Jade 7/31/22 -8/7/22 

BennyBrun

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Might want to pre arrange a ride because the taxis might take you for a ride.  Make sure you negotiate the price before you get in the taxi.  It’s not metered.

Indeed @BennyBrun - When we returned from the cruise and elected to try a taxi from the queue.  Both police and Coast Guard port officials were monitoring the queue.  We took a taxi that did not immediately start the meter as they are obliged to do; we demanded he start the meter and he reluctantly agreed.  We used a car service for all other trips and found the slightly higher price to be well worth avoiding hassle.

Edited by HuliHuli
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, HuliHuli said:

Indeed @BennyBrun - When we returned from the cruise and elected to try a taxi from the queue.  Both police and Coast Guard port officials were monitoring the queue.  We took a taxi that did not immediately start the meter as they are obliged to do; we demanded he start the meter and he reluctantly agreed.  We used a car service for all other trips and found the slightly higher price to be well worth avoiding hassle.

Always always always know the price before so you are not surprised at the end.  I have found that in Greece you really need to know what you are paying before your order / use services!

I want to join the chorus of thanks Benny for taking me along sailing the Greek Isles, and earlier the British Isles. I look forward to many more cruises with you. Seems you are a lucky guy who travels almost full time and has the good health and stamina to take full advantage.  I'm booked on the Breakaway for Italy and Greece next year, but won't be doing some of your hikes nor eating all those yummy food courses. A Greek salad with fresh tomatoes and feta along with bread smothered with fava and onions and of course a glass of wine will be enough to satisfy me for lunch or dinner (or breakfast). But I sure take pleasure in my armchair traveling with you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the awesome review of your cruise on the Jade Benny. I am glad to see that you had a great time around the Greek Isles. This makes me very excited for my Greece and Turkey cruise on September 18th. 

Hope you have a Safe travel home and luck forward to your next cruise. 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/9/2022 at 11:48 AM, Eggs2Go said:

I want to join the chorus of thanks Benny for taking me along sailing the Greek Isles, and earlier the British Isles. I look forward to many more cruises with you. Seems you are a lucky guy who travels almost full time and has the good health and stamina to take full advantage.  I'm booked on the Breakaway for Italy and Greece next year, but won't be doing some of your hikes nor eating all those yummy food courses. A Greek salad with fresh tomatoes and feta along with bread smothered with fava and onions and of course a glass of wine will be enough to satisfy me for lunch or dinner (or breakfast). But I sure take pleasure in my armchair traveling with you.

Thanks so much!  I really appreciate it!  Enjoy your cruise and remember that don’t worry about what other people are doing … do/eat things that will make you happy on a cruise! And leave the fear of missing out at the pier that way you will have a much better cruising experience!

On 8/9/2022 at 11:58 AM, Bennyboats28 said:

Thanks for the awesome review of your cruise on the Jade Benny. I am glad to see that you had a great time around the Greek Isles. This makes me very excited for my Greece and Turkey cruise on September 18th. 

Hope you have a Safe travel home and luck forward to your next cruise. 😀

Thanks so much!  Please make sure you check the ever changing test requirements for Greece… I just saw this updated testing protocol and it seems like they will not accept proctored self test for GREECE embarkation at Piraeus 

E8F25D53-F45D-4936-B958-3C70BB839581.jpeg

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, room with a view said:

Yes, we have just received notification that for our September we will need a certified test.

Does anybody know if a satisfactory test can be obtained at the Athens airport upon arrival or what other options exist to get the test prior to boarding in Greece?

21 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Thanks so much!  I really appreciate it!  Enjoy your cruise and remember that don’t worry about what other people are doing … do/eat things that will make you happy on a cruise! And leave the fear of missing out at the pier that way you will have a much better cruising experience!

Right. We are all unique. And what interests me on one cruise may be different on the next. On my recent Caribbean cruises I didn't even get off the ship. But I still always love being out at sea and the feeling of going places, doing things. Next up for me is a transatlantic, those seem to suit me now -- some sightseeing, some relaxing, some delicious meals. I hope you keep your reviews coming Benny so I can travel with you.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

This is a embarkation announcement for the virtual NCL Bliss Cruise!  Come along with a week of food, entertainment and cold rainy weather in Alaska ?

Nice! I'm in! 😊

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2022 at 10:46 PM, cfelbab said:

Does anybody know if a satisfactory test can be obtained at the Athens airport upon arrival or what other options exist to get the test prior to boarding in Greece?

getting on the Jade Sunday and did our test at Athens airport on arrival yesterday.  We needed the PCR and it was 60 euros each.  Test was back to us via email by 7 pm.  It is on arrivals floor between doors 2 and 3 after you get luggage and exit.  Hope this helps

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1