I’ve Changed My Mind

LocoLoco1

I recently had HAL book everything for a Trans-Atlantic plus Hotel, transfers etc. I never did that before. All done in about 30/min over the Phone.  Only a tad $higher$  than booking myself Q: Is HAL melding into a 1-stop Travel Agency with their own out-sourced PCC’s?? Mine was/is great. 

1 hour ago, LocoLoco1 said:

I recently had HAL book everything for a Trans-Atlantic plus Hotel, transfers etc. I never did that before. All done in about 30/min over the Phone.  Only a tad $higher$  than booking myself Q: Is HAL melding into a 1-stop Travel Agency with their own out-sourced PCC’s?? Mine was/is great. 

Maybe.  They book hotels, flights, transfers and the insurance along with the cruise.  Right now, with cancellations and changing rules of travel, it makes sense to coordinate the planning.  It’s kind of like using a TA except that your TA will go to bat for you if you have problems with HAL.  The PCC is a HAL employee, even if they are outsourced.

Is flight ease part of HAL?  Even our TA seems to turn most everything over to the cruise lines anymore.  He just sells the package.  

Edited by oaktreerb
  • Like 1

No. I simply changed my Modus Operandi. I don’t recall Cruiselines Reps pitching add-ons as much in the past.  I was a fervent independent booker of everything for 50/yrs. but I’ve changed my mind about that. (ie why risk Covid/Cancellation drama scenarios) With Int’l non-refundables etc etc being the norm now the propellers could fall off  on a worry free vacation pretty quick. Didn’t used to be that way as I recall.. going back to the 1970’s.