Certificate of Recovery

wallyh4184

31 minutes ago, techteach said:

ID - Argh…I’m doing this with a 9 year old and our only ID is birth certificate. I will be SO glad when we reach our cabin…

Believe me it will be all worth it when you first step aboard.    You will instantly feel all this tension just drift away. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

You fill out a lot of forms, including a selfie, id, test results.  They also ask a lot of medical questions.  I answered no to all, since I wasn't looking for a dr. appointment for anything.  Then you pay, and wait a couple of hours.  I think that was it.

that was our experience also. The hardest part for us was finding the positive confirmations from CVS that we could screenshot and upload. But that was on our side. Their site was pretty intuitive and easy to use. I was surprised how easy it was. I will report back if I have any issues in Amsterdam while boarding the Apex in a few days. 

CVS and Walgreens are charging for tests for travel now.  I believe they are both about $129 for rapid tests.  Federal funding for testing has run out.   So video proctored home testing is much more affordable at this point.

On 7/26/2022 at 8:08 PM, Jim_Iain said:

On July 1 the changed the requirements to also allow a positive Antgen or PCR     Also have been in contact with Celebrity and told that we would also have to be tested on the B2B but if we were to Test Positive the COR wold cover us.  

Do we have to test prior to the first leg or just prior to the 2nd with the COR?

6 minutes ago, Glendakayself said:

Do we have to test prior to the first leg or just prior to the 2nd with the COR?

I spoke with the Shoreside Concierge and was told all passengers must be tested within 2 days of the cruise and if tested positive, the COR would allow us to board but might be required to wear mask.      She also said we would be tested at the end of each leg with the B2B group.   Again if test positive we would be covered by COR. 

I've scheduled a test using OnPoint using up some of our free tests.    They use Zoom to do their testing and both can test at the same time.    I've only used eMed up until this point but many have assured how smooth OnPoint went.     You will need to install Zoom on your phone or computer -   Usually just a couple  clicks and your  all set.

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I spoke with the Shoreside Concierge and was told all passengers must be tested within 2 days of the cruise and if tested positive, the COR would allow us to board but might be required to wear mask

Interesting.  Is this dependent on the country of embarkation?  On the website, for cruises from Southampton it says: "Beginning with sailings departing on or after March 18, 2022, guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR or Antigen test result taken between 11-90 days prior to the sail date in order to board and be exempt from testing." (emphasis added).  We will fit the criteria for this exemption and had planned to forego a test.

So, if we just show up, but a test is in fact required, do you suppose they will test us at the pier?

22 minutes ago, jgmorgan said:

Interesting.  Is this dependent on the country of embarkation?  On the website, for cruises from Southampton it says: "Beginning with sailings departing on or after March 18, 2022, guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR or Antigen test result taken between 11-90 days prior to the sail date in order to board and be exempt from testing." (emphasis added).  We will fit the criteria for this exemption and had planned to forego a test.

So, if we just show up, but a test is in fact required, do you suppose they will test us at the pier?

Best to start here and will be focused on departure ports and countries visited.    The Chart was last updated July 15 so pretty accurate.  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/europe-travel-requirements

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I spoke with the Shoreside Concierge and was told all passengers must be tested within 2 days of the cruise and if tested positive, the COR would allow us to board but might be required to wear mask.      She also said we would be tested at the end of each leg with the B2B group.   Again if test positive we would be covered by COR. 

I've scheduled a test using OnPoint using up some of our free tests.    They use Zoom to do their testing and both can test at the same time.    I've only used eMed up until this point but many have assured how smooth OnPoint went.     You will need to install Zoom on your phone or computer -   Usually just a couple  clicks and your  all set.

We still have a couple of eMed tests, so we can use those. I just watched a JJ Cruise video documenting a very bad experience with On-Point. They had scheduled a specific time the morning they were leaving, woke up, turned on the computer to find the company had moved up their appointment to an earlier time, and they had already missed it. They went on at their originally scheduled time, and no doc appeared. They went to CVS which they had as a backup and have been unable to get a refund from On-Pointe.

Also, our son just completed an Alaska cruise with a COR. He had to wait for a medical officer to review his paperwork, but no test was required. 

3 minutes ago, Glendakayself said:

We still have a couple of eMed tests, so we can use those. I just watched a JJ Cruise video documenting a very bad experience with On-Point. They had scheduled a specific time the morning they were leaving, woke up, turned on the computer to find the company had moved up their appointment to an earlier time, and they had already missed it. They went on at their originally scheduled time, and no doc appeared. They went to CVS which they had as a backup and have been unable to get a refund from On-Pointe.

Also, our son just completed an Alaska cruise with a COR. He had to wait for a medical officer to review his paperwork, but no test was required. 

I do agree that there is a possibility.    Their Customer Service is non-existant or couple hours wait for a text chat.   I have 2 eMed kits sitting next to me right now as a backup.  My first attempt to get an appointment got stuck and couldn't get resolved after 2 days I filed a CC dispute and rebooked  -  This time went through perfectly.    The only real advantage is we could both test on the same session. 

We are planning on testing at 9:00 AM before a 12 Noon flight 2 days prior to cruise and could always test with eMed when we arrive in Newark or anytime the next day

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Best to start here and will be focused on departure ports and countries visited.    The Chart was last updated July 15 so pretty accurate.  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/europe-travel-requirements

If I read this correctly, my COR from my May positive test will cover me for not having to test for my October 20 2022 transatlantic from Southhampton.

And I just did my emed for this Sunday's cruise.  Negative (as expected).  Now I just wait for my travel companions to do theirs.

I have an update with my situation and the CofR.  Today we did a home test to see if we were negative yet…Not.

So, we decided to go to CVS and get tested to have an official lab test and have the CofR for our cruises!  Checked the boxes for currently having symptoms! (Which is true since DH still has cough and I have no smell/taste).

Just got my Positive result.

Husband checked wrong box and got the PCR test so it will take a day or 2.

I know I seem a little OCD on this, but this was our 30th Anniversary trip that has been rebooked twice in  2 years due to Covid!  We have 2 Alaska cruises and a 14 day land trip in BC Canada that is same itinerary as our honeymoon.  

I am doing everything possible in my control to make sure this trip happens.

Didn’t want to take any chances that some nose swab test could have a false positive and ruin it all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, abbydancer said:

If I read this correctly, my COR from my May positive test will cover me for not having to test for my October 20 2022 transatlantic from Southhampton.

And I just did my emed for this Sunday's cruise.  Negative (as expected).  Now I just wait for my travel companions to do theirs.  So planning our test for next Friday.   I have to get our COR from your source early next week.   Have to confirm when Iain tested positive. 

I was told that all passengers must test within 2 days prior to cruise but if you tested positive your COR would cover you.

Southampton Sailings  --   COR for sailings 11 to 180 days from first tested positive.    You would have to check but I think you have to check your Positive date and make sure 180 days is beyond the last day of your cruise.     I thought I read that it had to cover your entire cruise but I could be defiantly wrong on that.  Al least if it does your covered either way.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/southampton-travel-requirements

Edited by Jim_Iain

On 7/26/2022 at 7:20 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I haven't yet but will be getting my COR in on July 30 for an Aug 7 cruise.   I think we should be ok either way as we are both now testing negative.  Getting one just as a precaution.

I've so far only read one person who has boarded using one and she said it was just like presenting a Negative Test.   They just shoot a picture of it like they do with a negative test.

Did it work work for you to get the COF with the antigen test?

Holding my breath that our EMed antigen test results will be enough to get a COF even though the CDC site says PCR tests are required.  We cannot apply for the COF until Aug. 4 for the Aug. 7 cruise. Too late for a PCR. First tested positive on July 23 without a proctor, but our official proctored EMed letter is dated July 25 even though the email is dated July 24. We have been reluctant to take another test to see if the pink line is still showing...Don't want to see it yet.

27 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Where does it say that? Further, what order that hasn't been rescinded would say that?

Sorry, I found it yesterday when I was researching recovery letter requirements. I am not finding it easily today. Just panicking that our antigen test will not be good enough on August 4 when we apply for the letter or that the cruiseline will not accept our letter and antigen test even though they clearly state PCR or antigen test on the website. Requirements for our itinerary (Cape Liberty to Iceland and Iceland to Boston) are not listed on Celebrity cite, but Jim_Lain is on the same B2B. Hoping to read of Jim's experience.

Edited by Glendakayself

1 minute ago, Glendakayself said:

Sorry, I found it yesterday when I was researching recovery letter requirements. I am not finding it easily today. Just panicking that our antigen test will not be good enough on August 4 when we apply for the letter or that the cruiseline will not accept our letter and antigen test even though they clearly state PCR or antigen test on the website. Our itinerary (Cape Liberty to Iceland and Iceland to Boston) is not listed on Celebrity cite, but Jim_Lain is on the same B2B. Hoping to read of Jim's experience.

Bottom line, Celebrity now accepts both PCR and antigen test results with a C of R. Also, the CDC doesn't require testing for anything any longer. When they did, they also accepted any viral test result with the C or R, despite what you think you may have read yesterday. You should not be concerned.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2022 at 9:22 AM, Glendakayself said:

OnPoint had lots of problems when testing was required for flying internationally.   More business than they could handle.  Since they were doing some 10000+ tests a day there had to be issues.

Fighting to get a $20 refund probably IMO not worth it.

OnPoint getting lots of business now as they charge about $15, but testing numbers much much smaller.  Rapidtestandtrace.com (they use Microsoft Teams which is also a free download) charges about $20.  They had appointments for tomorrow.   Customer service a bit better at Rapid Test but no preference I can see.

As Jim said I would try testing and use the COR as a fallback.

5 hours ago, Glendakayself said:

Did it work work for you to get the COF with the antigen test?

Holding my breath that our EMed antigen test results will be enough to get a COF even though the CDC site says PCR tests are required.  We cannot apply for the COF until Aug. 4 for the Aug. 7 cruise. Too late for a PCR. First tested positive on July 23 without a proctor, but our official proctored EMed letter is dated July 25 even though the email is dated July 24. We have been reluctant to take another test to see if the pink line is still showing...Don't want to see it yet.

I of course can't confirm since I also haven't used yet.    I am planning on getting the COR on August 1.   I got mine to return to the U.S. using the eMed antigen test and Celebrity has confirmed that they accept either pcr or antigen positive with a COR.  

I just saw that Joe Biden had a rebound positive test today and is back in isolation.

We just boarded the Apex in Amsterdam with a Cert of Recovery from MDAnywhere. No test required. The checkin person was a little confused but got a supervisor who didn’t blink and said it’s fine. No test needed. Our positives were at the beginning of June. 

• Thanks 1

Celebrity agreed they state either an antigen or PCR and that is in conflict with Canada rules.  Will clarify today or tomorrow. 

If testing is required for B2B cruisers (like Summit August cruises) then Celebrity will test those people at their expense on board.

ArriveCAN is required for each entry into Canads.  Thus if B2B2B then need to submit for first cruise.  Then simply update and resubmit for the next two.

Again detailed guidelines supposed to be posted very soon.  Phillip requested all passengers receive an email with FULL details.  We will see.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 1:09 AM, wallyh4184 said:

Thanks for the input, fortunately I have tested negative two days in row and will test again n Monday & Tuesday. We fly to Vancouver on Wednesday for the August 5th Millennium NB Cruise.

Please give us an update on how boarding went😉 and if you were selected to randomly testing flying into Canada. 

Safe travel❤️