Check In time

preston

Celebrity Check In procedures seem to be working great. We were on the Solstice out of Seattle on 1 July and we walked straight into the Terminal, through a bit of security line then right up to an agent, and we were not Retreat or high priority members. 

The RCL huge ship next to us, forget which, had a line out the terminal all the length of the ship. All outside. Not a happy crowd. No idea what RCL uses, either ‘show up’ or they dont follow the procedures. So @LMHSRN had a funny post, but its correct and it works. 

den

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cruising7in2017 said:

I just checked in for our August cruise out of Barcelona on the Edge and earliest I could get was 12:30-1:00 time slot?

Sounds the earlier times had gone.

Our check in for July 30th cruise opened on June 15 and 11.30-12 was available on the first day.

• Like 1

In Oct, we checked in for our late Nov cruise and initially it only had 4pm. I went back a few times, and then it opened up with 11:30 and jumped on it. That was early in the process with the App. A 12:30 is bad at all and you’ll be onboard in 15min max, unless you have some hang up. 

den

• Like 1

We have done 6 X cruises in the past year and I always have been able to get the Earliest Check in Time.

Of course Suite Guests will get first entry.

But other than Suite Guests pre boarding on arrival at the terminal it has always been a Rush by everyone with No One ever trying to separate Who has A  "Boarding Time" to get in first. Just show up and Get in Line.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Cruising7in2017 said:

I just checked in for our August cruise out of Barcelona on the Edge and earliest I could get was 12:30-1:00 time slot?

Keep looking.  Earlier slots sometimes open up.  I've managed to get a slot as early as 10:30 (but boarding still wasn't until close to 11).

12 minutes ago, Cruising7in2017 said:

Sorry, to add on, but we all have Retreat suites (1 royal and 2 sky suites), so we probably can get there earlier.

You have nothing to worry about, then.  Suites can board at any time once boarding has started regardless of the assigned check-in time.  In fact, you likely will have a difference spot in the terminal to check in (I'm not familiar with the Barcelona terminal, so I really cannot say).  Look for signs that say "Retreat" on them and feel free to ask around. 

Since you have a Royal Suite, you (or whoever is in that suite) likely will hear from a shoreside concierge roughly a week before sailing.  You can make some arrangement and ask some questions, then, as well.

• Like 1