What if cabin mate tests positive?

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

Doesn't she get a full refund if she tests positive for covid?

COVID cancellations are an "all or nothing" affair - you have to cancel the whole cabin to get a refund - no partials.

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

She won't get more than the tax refunded.

Has this happened to you? Did you book a cruise with a shared cabin and your cabin mate test positive and you continued on with your cruise?

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

If it helps at all, MOST people do not get COVID on a cruise.  

I did five cruises last fall, three cruises in January (during Omicron), and five cruises this spring.  The cruises in the spring were no masks on flights and no masks on the cruises.  I didn't get COVID on any of them. 

I am, however, vigilant with hand hygiene, which is the number one way to prevent infection from pretty much any infectious disease.  

Maybe @Ourusualbeach can confirm if your friend will get a refund for her portion while you continue to cruise without her (due to COVID rules), or if she will forfeit her portion of the trip if you continue the cruise without her (due to standard RCCL cancellation rules).  

I've looked through all the policies that I have access to and there was nothing that covered this situation.

When CWC first came out the policy was written that if one guest cancelled after final payment then they would receive a FCC for their portion and sailing guests cruise fare would not be adjusted.  This was later changed so that the first guests would be adjusted.  Nothing was ever published on how it would affect if someone cancelled for testing positive

2 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

Has this happened to you? Did you book a cruise with a shared cabin and your cabin mate test positive and you continued on with your cruise?

No, but there have been enough reports here of that to sorta set the pattern, I think.

43 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Using my extreme powers of deduction and experience, I believe that she will get everything refunded and you will  sail as planned, but alone in your cabin, with no financial alterations for you.

I cannot accurately predict whether you will receive single points or double points.  😉 

I agree, or hope..😊. When it comes to Covid some things have changed and policies that were normally in place now vary. So, we shall see. 

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I've looked through all the policies that I have access to and there was nothing that covered this situation.

When CWC first came out the policy was written that if one guest cancelled after final payment then they would receive a FCC for their portion and sailing guests cruise fare would not be adjusted.  This was later changed so that the first guests would be adjusted.  Nothing was ever published on how it would affect if someone cancelled for testing positive

I’ve read and read and cannot find anything that refers to those in the party who chose to continue on with their cruise.