Itinerary change without notice

bundtkate

NCL is still listing Liverpool as a port on its website for our September, 2023 cruise. My TA forwarded an email sent to her over a month ago that informed her/us that Liverpool was being dropped, our timing on visiting Dublin was changing and we would now stop in Waterford, Ireland instead.

Since Liverpool was my main point for choosing this itinerary I just get madder and madder each time I see it. NCL is burning bridges with a lot of people.

Thanks to the person who linked the actual agreement concerning the cruise ticket.

Took about an hour to read it, but was surprised (unless it is a huge misprint) that guests agree that the value of all their luggage, cameras, phones and laptops, clothing and all else...is no more than $100.

4 hours ago, bundtkate said:

. 😅

I know it probably doesn't help, complawyer, but I think you may have been saved a fuss given the state of transit in Germany right now. Berlin is hard to cover in a day to begin with, but it was made all the worse by the state of the trains when we visited last month. Between construction, maintenance issues, and the impact of the 9 euro ticket, I'd not have trusted the train to get me anywhere on time, let alone back to the ship. Actually, thinking on it, I wonder if that's why they're giving it a skip? With a long trip to Berlin, it may be they couldn't guarantee a timely return to the ship as they promise for excursions booked through then.  

Just a fyi - the train to Berlin is a charter by the cruise lines, so you get back to the ship.  And I think the euro ticket only applies to local trains so business as usual on the high-speed ones. Train took about 2.5 hrs each way last week.

But yes, Berlin in a day not really possible.  And our tour guide talked really fast!

Edited by julig22

On 7/27/2022 at 5:10 AM, bundtkate said:

We are preparing for our first NCL cruise which also happens to be our (much belated) wedding cruise -- a 14-day Panama Canal transit in early December. Today, my mom mentioned that both my aunt and I had brought up a port that wasn't on the online itinerary. I looked later and wouldn't you know, that port and another I remembered from when I first made the booking were gone. I was so convinced they were a thing I dug up the original confirmation from our travel agent and, sure enough, it lists San Juan Del Sur and an extra "Panama Canal" stop after the transit, which I presume is the stop in Panama I remembered. So evidence seems to show at least one port (maybe 2?) was part of the original itinerary we booked and has been removed. It does rub me the wrong way that this happened without at least an email saying, "Hey, sorry y'all, but we had to make some changes." I'm also not likely to visit Nicaragua in the future so missing San Juan del Sur is a bummer. But, I wanted to check myself before making a thing out of nothing. Is this sort of thing more common when you book farther ahead? Normally 3 months is planning ahead for me so this whole booking a year in advance is not my normal. Would you have expected a heads up? I don't want to let something slide that I shouldn't, but I've rescheduled this thing three times now and kinda just want to go so I'm trying to find the right balance.

We sailed on the Encore through the Panama Canal in April and the scheduled stop in Nicaragua was also missed. We booked through a travel agent who forwarded us an email from NCL I was really disappointed too. In general we have had more changes to the original itinerary than cruises that have sailed as first planned.  

On 7/27/2022 at 12:10 AM, bundtkate said:

We are preparing for our first NCL cruise which also happens to be our (much belated) wedding cruise -- a 14-day Panama Canal transit in early December. Today, my mom mentioned that both my aunt and I had brought up a port that wasn't on the online itinerary. I looked later and wouldn't you know, that port and another I remembered from when I first made the booking were gone. I was so convinced they were a thing I dug up the original confirmation from our travel agent and, sure enough, it lists San Juan Del Sur and an extra "Panama Canal" stop after the transit, which I presume is the stop in Panama I remembered. So evidence seems to show at least one port (maybe 2?) was part of the original itinerary we booked and has been removed. It does rub me the wrong way that this happened without at least an email saying, "Hey, sorry y'all, but we had to make some changes." I'm also not likely to visit Nicaragua in the future so missing San Juan del Sur is a bummer. But, I wanted to check myself before making a thing out of nothing. Is this sort of thing more common when you book farther ahead? Normally 3 months is planning ahead for me so this whole booking a year in advance is not my normal. Would you have expected a heads up? I don't want to let something slide that I shouldn't, but I've rescheduled this thing three times now and kinda just want to go so I'm trying to find the right balance.

Stuff happens and you should have received an email

In 2018 my wife and I did a 14 cruise out of NYC. 5 of the 8 ports were changed because of hurricane damage. In 2019 we were supposed to go to Bermuda, hurricane forced us down the East Coast. It was supposed to be Florida, followed by GSC then Nassau. We made it to Florida. Both GSC and Nassau were cancelled due to high winds (Not) from the Hurricane. And as it turns out the Hurricane didn't even hit Bermuda, two other cruise lines made it