Speciality Dining - What is Open Now?

Orianababes

9 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

On board though not walking the decks! 😏  Currently viewing the beautiful fjords from our isolation cabin! 

To answer your question though Sindhu, the Beach House and Glass House were all taking bookings - at least until the weekend after which I can't be sure. 

I've just looked on My Holiday app but it's not showing bookings now for today (it's 10pm). I'll have a look in the morning for you and see if they're all up for booking then. (Unless I'm blocked of course!)

Sorry to read of your isolation Kruzze, hope you are over it soon ,take care !:classic_love:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, galeforce9 said:

Thank you. Much appreciated and I hope you are free to roam soon.  

Sadly not until we get back to Southampton on Friday. 

However on the plus side I've had the sense to look at today's Horizon and all venues are advertised as open - it says reservations recommended for Beach House and Sindhu (phone no given - couldn't see option on My Holiday) Glass House more likely walk in available.  So enjoy!  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

Sadly not until we get back to Southampton on Friday. 

However on the plus side I've had the sense to look at today's Horizon and all venues are advertised as open - it says reservations recommended for Beach House and Sindhu (phone no given - couldn't see option on My Holiday) Glass House more likely walk in available.  So enjoy!  

Did they move you to a nice cabin or were you ok anyway and do you get any obc to ease the pain?

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Sorry to read of your isolation Kruzze, hope you are over it soon ,take care !:classic_love:

Many thanks Kalos.  We're not feeling too bad - it's just disappointing.  We thought we were being really careful too.

Had the most amazing day in Andalsnes (our last day out) which has given us wonderful memories and at least we have been able to appreciate the lovely sail-aways in the beautiful fjords.  A little enforced mindfulness! We're being well looked after.  👍

Hope all well with you. 🤗

• Like 7

1 hour ago, galeforce9 said:

Did they move you to a nice cabin or were you ok anyway and do you get any obc to ease the pain?

Nice balcony cabin no additional obc though but have benefitted from an upgrade.  Perhaps if you were already in a balcony cabin.....????  Have been able to phone through to duty free to spend our remaining obc though 👍 

We  did get our complimentary drink voucher as we missed our Loyalty Club Celebration Lunch though!  😄 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, galeforce9 said:

27 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

Nice balcony cabin no additional obc though but have benefitted from an upgrade.  Perhaps if you were already in a balcony cabin.....????  Have been able to phone through to duty free to spend our remaining obc though 👍 

We  did get our complimentary drink voucher as we missed our Loyalty Club Celebration Lunch though!  😄 

They do get a FCC. 
If you're required to isolate/quarantine, or in some cases disembark the ship, due to testing positive for COVID-19 during your holiday, you'll be given a non-refundable Future Cruise Credit (FCC) pro-rated for the duration of days lost from your booked holiday with P&O Cruises. This FCC (which for UK guests is not ABTA or ATOL protected until a new booking is made with the FCC) can be used on any new booking and is valid for two years from the date of issue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

They do get a FCC. 
If you're required to isolate/quarantine, or in some cases disembark the ship, due to testing positive for COVID-19 during your holiday, you'll be given a non-refundable Future Cruise Credit (FCC) pro-rated for the duration of days lost from your booked holiday with P&O Cruises. This FCC (which for UK guests is not ABTA or ATOL protected until a new booking is made with the FCC) can be used on any new booking and is valid for two years from the date of issue.

Many thanks.  

14 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

On board though not walking the decks! 😏  Currently viewing the beautiful fjords from our isolation cabin! 

To answer your question though Sindhu, the Beach House and Glass House were all taking bookings - at least until the weekend after which I can't be sure. 

I've just looked on My Holiday app but it's not showing bookings now for today (it's 10pm). I'll have a look in the morning for you and see if they're all up for booking then. (Unless I'm blocked of course!)

Sorry to hear that you are in isolation.  I hope you are not feeling too ill.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

Many thanks Kalos.  We're not feeling too bad - it's just disappointing.  We thought we were being really careful too.

Had the most amazing day in Andalsnes (our last day out) which has given us wonderful memories and at least we have been able to appreciate the lovely sail-aways in the beautiful fjords.  A little enforced mindfulness! We're being well looked after.  👍

Hope all well with you. 🤗

Can I ask, how did you end up in isolation? 

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Sorry to hear that you are in isolation.  I hope you are not feeling too ill.

Thanks. Washed out but not feeling too ill so that's a plus. 

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

Can I ask, how did you end up in isolation? 

Felt very unwell Friday night, rang medical centre. Tested positive and they moved us straight away.  

• Like 4

16 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

So sorry to hear you in isolation.

I assume there are still sections of the ship being used for this, altho I think you said you had remained in your cabin.

Fingers crossed you will soon be negative.

Take care.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

So sorry to hear you in isolation.

I assume there are still sections of the ship being used for this, altho I think you said you had remained in your cabin.

Fingers crossed you will soon be negative.

Take care.

Thanks. No we were moved to an isolation cabin but we're being well looked after - could be much worse!  

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

Thanks. No we were moved to an isolation cabin but we're being well looked after - could be much worse!  

Oh dear. Sorry you had to move cabin, but delighted to hear you being well looked after.

• Like 2

Just returned from P&O Arcadia on 8/2/22 (14 days, British Isles). As USA (PA) residents, this was our first time with P&O, which is British. Originally booked in 2019 as a world Tour of 42 days. Had to cancel twice due to COVID.  The Ocean Grill and Sindhu were totally shut down the entire cruise. We were never told prior to boarding. The Neptune pool also was closed throughout the cruise. Very misleading. Of course, we received a message 3 days prior mentioning the same old narrative about changing times and new protocols, but never did it mention closing of these venues. We have completed 35 cruises with other companies, NCL, Carnival, Celebrity, HAL, RCCL, Viking, this cruise ship and services were, in our opinion, subpar compared to the others. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cocktail1954 said:

Just returned from P&O Arcadia on 8/2/22 (14 days, British Isles). As USA (PA) residents, this was our first time with P&O, which is British. Originally booked in 2019 as a world Tour of 42 days. Had to cancel twice due to COVID.  The Ocean Grill and Sindhu were totally shut down the entire cruise. We were never told prior to boarding. The Neptune pool also was closed throughout the cruise. Very misleading. Of course, we received a message 3 days prior mentioning the same old narrative about changing times and new protocols, but never did it mention closing of these venues. We have completed 35 cruises with other companies, NCL, Carnival, Celebrity, HAL, RCCL, Viking, this cruise ship and services were, in our opinion, subpar compared to the others. 

On Arcadia now. Ocean Grill closed Sindhu open. Early days but all good at the moment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Firstly, thanks guys for such a useful topic; CC comes to the rescue again!..so sad that P&O don't tell us these things and bamboozle us with positive spin stuff..dont get me started on the "pre-book children's club spaces which is actually pre-register and they will tell you when your child can go?!

I found out on Saturday after an hour and a half in a que on the phone to P&O on another matter to be told off the cuff that Epicurean isnt open for Suite only breakfasts...this is a key thing for us!

The P&O operative was useless with no more info... if anyone is on board IONA now in a Suite:

- Is there a suite only embarcation lounge still?

- Is Epicurean open for suite guest b'fast?

- If not, can suite guests have exclusive b'fast anywhere else i.e i read above Sindhu was open

Jamie

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cruising_daddy said:

Firstly, thanks guys for such a useful topic; CC comes to the rescue again!..so sad that P&O don't tell us these things and bamboozle us with positive spin stuff..dont get me started on the "pre-book children's club spaces which is actually pre-register and they will tell you when your child can go?!

I found out on Saturday after an hour and a half in a que on the phone to P&O on another matter to be told off the cuff that Epicurean isnt open for Suite only breakfasts...this is a key thing for us!

The P&O operative was useless with no more info... if anyone is on board IONA now in a Suite:

- Is there a suite only embarcation lounge still?

- Is Epicurean open for suite guest b'fast?

- If not, can suite guests have exclusive b'fast anywhere else i.e i read above Sindhu was open

Jamie

Not sure about the lounge as we have not been in a suite since last Oct.

The Epicurean is certainly open for suite breakfasts.

Dai

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, daiB said:

Not sure about the lounge as we have not been in a suite since last Oct.

The Epicurean is certainly open for suite breakfasts.

Dai

Not seen you posting for a while Dai. Hope all is well with you both.

On 8/8/2022 at 6:31 PM, Britboys said:

Not seen you posting for a while Dai. Hope all is well with you both.

Yes both fine. I got out of the habit where there was no cruising. I dip in and out, mostly out.

• Like 2

Yep - we've just had the "softening up" email from P&O ahead of our J216 cruise on Arcadia departing 30th August.

First there is the paragraph about "supply chain challenges" and "global staff shortages" 

This is then followed by a paragraph stating that "Current opening days and times in our speciality restaurants may be affected as well as service in some bars etc etc......"

My heart sank when I saw it as I had hoped that at least Sindhu would be open but I have a dreaded premonition that I could be disappointed.

Other posters recently seemed to suggest that Sindhu was up and running on Arcadia but from the email received that situation may have changed.

35 minutes ago, arlowood said:

Yep - we've just had the "softening up" email from P&O ahead of our J216 cruise on Arcadia departing 30th August.

First there is the paragraph about "supply chain challenges" and "global staff shortages" 

This is then followed by a paragraph stating that "Current opening days and times in our speciality restaurants may be affected as well as service in some bars etc etc......"

My heart sank when I saw it as I had hoped that at least Sindhu would be open but I have a dreaded premonition that I could be disappointed.

Other posters recently seemed to suggest that Sindhu was up and running on Arcadia but from the email received that situation may have changed.

Thank you for sharing and I don’t think this bodes well but fingers crossed for you and it would be great if you could report back k when you get a chance please