Heron Parking Garage > Terminal 2 Port Everglades

janroatan

2 hours ago, janroatan said:

How long is the walk from Heron parking garage to Terminal 2?  

( Princess Cruises) Easy to navigate?

Is it doable with each pulling a small suitcase?

Google Heron Parking Garage Port Everglades.  There is a site that specifically deals with some details of the Garage.  The distance?  I don't know and what I read does not say.  But, to answer your question, it seems like the Garage is designed to allow what you are considering doing.  

3 hours ago, janroatan said:

How long is the walk from Heron parking garage to Terminal 2?  

( Princess Cruises) Easy to navigate?

Is it doable with each pulling a small suitcase?

It depends on your abilities. According to Google Maps, it's only 2-300 yards between that parking garage and T2 depending on exactly where in the garage you park. The parking company's website states:

Heron Parking GarageHeron Garage

The 1,818-space garage services:

• Cruise Terminal 2 (an air-conditioned elevated passenger bridge with moving sidewalks connects Terminal 2 and the Heron Garage, and can be accessed from the 5th floor of the Heron Garage or the elevators on the outside of Cruise Terminal 2)
  • Thanks 1

That garage has certainly changed since I sailed from Terminal 2 on Star Princess.  It appears to have changed since I sailed on Royal Princess, but, I didn't drive to Fort Lauderdale for that sailing.  

Edited by rkacruiser

I've parked in the Heron garage twice this year.  The garage and terminal 2 are contiguous.  Drop your luggage off with the porters before entering the garage.  Park next to the elevators on level 5 (IIRC - it is marked) with direct access to the walkway connecting the two buildings and the elevator down to the entrance to Terminal 2 or park on level 4 near the elevators and take the garage elevator up one floor to level 5 and access the walkway.  It's very easy access  and you are out of the sun and heat!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, capriccio said:

I've parked in the Heron garage twice this year.  The garage and terminal 2 are contiguous.  Drop your luggage off with the porters before entering the garage.  Park next to the elevators on level 5 (IIRC - it is marked) with direct access to the walkway connecting the two buildings and the elevator down to the entrance to Terminal 2 or park on level 4 near the elevators and take the garage elevator up one floor to level 5 and access the walkway.  It's very easy access  and you are out of the sun and heat!

5 hours ago, capriccio said:

55 minutes ago, janroatan said:

Aprox. how long of a walk?

A couple of minutes.  As to distance (just a wild guess because it was so short I didn't even think about it) maybe 300 feet on the covered walkway.  We had no problem parking very near the elevators in the garage since we arrived around 10:30 after the previous cruise passengers had disembarked and left the garage.  Spaces were plentiful.

• Thanks 1