Enchanted - 12th Aug - Unvaxxed ports?

johnnylikely

There will not be a formal night on a 4-day cruise. They may designate one night as "dress to impress" to try to get people to pose for photos (and then buy them). At least that's what they did on one of our 4-day cruises.

3 minutes ago, geoherb said:

There will not be a formal night on a 4-day cruise. They may designate one night as "dress to impress" to try to get people to pose for photos (and then buy them). At least that's what they did on one of our 4-day cruises.

Ah ok, do you know if they have their Sky Princess show extravaganza?

I did a mini cruise and it felt like formal night and they had the big show - I love it!

1 hour ago, johnnylikely said:

/Hi all! Booked with the family to go on the 4 night Enchanted.

My kid nephew isn't vaxxed - does anyone know if he'll be allowed out in 

Rotterdam

Guernsey

Thanks!

Also, is there a formal night?

How old is he ? I think you need to check the UK FAQ’s on vaccinations to board and any exemption programs. I do not believe that unvaccinated individuals are allowed off ship unless on tours. Of corse this is changing weekly

1 hour ago, antsp said:

Don't think he will be onboard if he's not vaxxed, how old is he. 

He can be onboard if he has a medical exemption.  If not, even if he is allowed to board the ship, he will have to test every day, at his family's expense, and go through many hoops, many of which will be not being able to disembark the ship.  It's highly unlikely that he will be allowed off the ship, the only exception being is if he is on a Princess tour, and even that is iffy.

On 7/27/2022 at 7:57 PM, phred119s said:

As long as he has obtained an exemption (depending on age, of course), he should be fine as long as the port allows it. Unvaccinated guests can tour independently now. 

Do you know when this changed?  Friends of ours received an email with their exemption letter stating that in order to get off the ship you need to be on tours with Princess.  They tried talking to their rep but they told me their rep was clueless.

20 hours ago, bluebelt said:

Do you know when this changed?  Friends of ours received an email with their exemption letter stating that in order to get off the ship you need to be on tours with Princess.  They tried talking to their rep but they told me their rep was clueless.

I'm not sure tbh, it was just what the rep told me over the phone- he did say it could change and is dependent on the actual port/country you go to. Also he's a child so not sure if that makes a diff. It's a short cruise so we're fine if he's not allowed off in any case