Testing still mandatory for over 6 day cruises

30 minutes ago, watcher_62 said:

From RCL Website.  We have done 2 B2B/Consecutive and did not require tests.... 

Q

Can I book back-to-back cruises at this time?

A

Absolutely! We welcome guests to cruise on as many back-to-back cruises as they wish, including kids of any vaccination status. The travel requirements and health protocols vary based on your departure port and vaccination status. We will continue to evaluate these policies as public health guidance evolves.

For guests departing from a North American or Caribbean homeport on consecutive sailings on the same ship

Fully vaccinated guests and guests with a valid certificate of recovery do not require additional testing to board their subsequent sailing. Unvaccinated guests will require a new precruise test prior to boarding their subsequent sailing.

To learn more about testing requirements for your specific sailing, visit our Testing Requirements FAQ

But the first leg requires testing.  My question is what If the first leg is 5 nights or less and doesn’t require testing. What you have posted was in effect prior to the changes that will take place on 8/8.

hopefully they will address this in their email that is to come out after 8/1.

6 hours ago, DCPIV said:

We were discussing the extent to which unvaccinated guests could sail.  If you read all the related posts, you would see that also now is up in the air.

I was referring to the comment about kids.  And I did find the RCCL statement to be very clear.

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

However, all you know is that no one boarding the ship has enough viral load yet to test positive 2 days before!

I agree.  If nobody  boarding is positive, how do you explain cases being reported even after all the testing.  Her statement is highly inaccurate.  One can definitely be positive and board the ship. 48 hours is plenty of time to get it.  False sense of security!

Edited by BecciBoo

2 hours ago, chris153 said:

What if itis a 5 night cruise to Bermuda? Bermuda still requires a negative test?

Bermuda requires it and the ship is going to Bermuda, then Royal Caribbean will require it, just like the announcement said.  

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

I agree.  If nobody  boarding is positive, how do you explain cases being reported even after all the testing.  Her statement is highly inaccurate.  One can definitely be positive and board the ship. 48 hours is plenty of time to get it.  False sense of security!

People are definitely boarding in the incubation stage and are contagious, despite negative tests. When my group caught covid onboard (sick and positive on day 5) one of us first tested negative on antigen, later that day was positive on PCR. 

From the point of view of controlling spread, a case could be made for at least eliminating SOME of those who are infected but once transmission starts happening onboard it's kind of an eh situation. 

Anyone who cruises should consider themselves likely to be exposed onboard and should consider their personal health histories and risk factors for potential illness away from hospital care.

• Like 2