Testing still mandatory for over 6 day cruises

7 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Somewhat misleading thread title: "Testing still mandatory for over 6 day cruises".

It's actually still mandatory for 6 day and over cruises, not just cruises that are over 6 days.

"Starting Aug. 8, testing will be required for unvaccinated guests on all voyages and for vaccinated guests only on voyages that are six nights or longer."

Well, a 5 night cruise is 6 days.  And a 6 night cruise is 7 days.  So, technically the title is correct.  But, I see your point.

Edited by Another_Critic

2 hours ago, dltaeg said:

Absolutely gutted 😭

We sail on the 7th of Aug for 7 nights and was really hoping the stupid testing requirement would be scraped before we sail. 

Us too!  Oh well. Time to make the virtual appointment and pray we test negative!

3 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

How much clearer can it get.  "guests" means all guests unless otherwise stated.

We were discussing the extent to which unvaccinated guests could sail.  If you read all the related posts, you would see that also now is up in the air.

3 hours ago, time4u2go said:

Somewhat misleading thread title: "Testing still mandatory for over 6 day cruises".

It's actually still mandatory for 6 day and over cruises, not just cruises that are over 6 days.

I have seen news stories that state 6 night cruises are exempt from testing. This topic really needs to be updated to avoid confusion. Royal needs to send an email  reminder to all that have 6 or more night cruises in the future that testing is required. The press and some folks here are missing a key detail.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, coaster said:

I have seen news stories that state 6 night cruises are exempt from testing. This topic really needs to be updated to avoid confusion. Royal needs to send an email  reminder to all that have 6 or more night cruises in the future that testing is required. The press and some folks here are missing a key detail.

When it comes to policy changes, I will always wait until I hear from the cruise line for our specific cruise. I consider CC and other sources a heads-up but...

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

It's a start.  I think it's a smart way to test it.  They can see if they have large outbreaks on the 3-5 night cruises.  We have a 7 day on 10/30 and I hope the testing is gone by then.  Not holding my breath but sure would be nice not to have to deal with it since we fly in 2 days early and will have to test once we have already traveled.  That's nerve wracking.

We're booked in October on Mariner and begin with a 5-night, so no testing is required; however, we're staying on board for the next 8-night itinerary, so how will we be able to test or will it be required? TIA for your thoughts! Sal

8 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

We're booked in October on Mariner and begin with a 5-night, so no testing is required; however, we're staying on board for the next 8-night itinerary, so how will we be able to test or will it be required? TIA for your thoughts! Sal

I was on a B2B (5 night + 4 night) back in May on Adventure... did not have to test before the 2nd leg.  Since you're doing a B2B, you maaaay not have to either. 

I'm guessing (and hoping) you'll have an official answer before October.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nabalab said:

I was on a B2B (5 night + 4 night) back in May on Adventure... did not have to test before the 2nd leg.  Since you're doing a B2B, you maaaay not have to either. 

I'm guessing (and hoping) you'll have an official answer before October.

Thanks, me too! I did go ahead and email that question to RCCL in hopes they add it to their web site as well.

5 hours ago, molly361 said:

Sure this happens to be the year where the rest of my cruises are 6 nights and over.  And I am the lover of the 4 night cruises😇

Exactly the same for us.  Four night cruises are great, five is the perfect number.  We are booked on 6, 8 and 9 nights, with no immediate plans for four or five.  But testing is easy for us and I like knowing that nobody who is Covid-positive is able to board the ship anyway.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Thanks, me too! I did go ahead and email that question to RCCL in hopes they add it to their web site as well.

Please let us know what their reply is. I have a 5 night Bermuda Oct 8th and then B2B 9 night Canada NE on Adventure.

Would love to hear no testing…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilkySal said:

Not sure they've thought that through, but likely no test required. You are B2B and they have eliminated the B2B second leg testing.  And who knows what the protocols will be in October?

M

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Exactly the same for us.  Four night cruises are great, five is the perfect number.  We are booked on 6, 8 and 9 nights, with no immediate plans for four or five.  But testing is easy for us and I like knowing that nobody who is Covid-positive is able to board the ship anyway.

However, all you know is that no one boarding the ship has enough viral load yet to test positive 2 days before!

• Like 3

Major concern here.

doing b2b2b on Mariner starting 8/8.

1st is 5 night, 2nd is 8 night, and 3rd is 8 night with the 3rd being Bermuda which requires testing.

with the original testing the 5 night cruise test was acceptable to Bermuda.

Now I am not sure how or when we will be required to test.

Edited by later

1 minute ago, baldilocks said:

I'm just tired of the pre-cruise testing. I'm not sure it does anything. Most testing facilities are charging about $250 to test both of us. Another expense to cruising.

And I thought 80 CAD for two rapid antigen tests was highway robbery!  You must be getting the gold standard tests.

2 minutes ago, baldilocks said:

I'm just tired of the pre-cruise testing. I'm not sure it does anything. Most testing facilities are charging about $250 to test both of us. Another expense to cruising.

For an Antigen test?

We normally pay about $25 each in the US, less than 15 Euros in Europe.  Been on 6 cruises that required testing and all of those tests combined are nowhere near $250.

From RCL Website.  We have done 2 B2B/Consecutive and did not require tests.... 

Q

Can I book back-to-back cruises at this time?

A

Absolutely! We welcome guests to cruise on as many back-to-back cruises as they wish, including kids of any vaccination status. The travel requirements and health protocols vary based on your departure port and vaccination status. We will continue to evaluate these policies as public health guidance evolves.

For guests departing from a North American or Caribbean homeport on consecutive sailings on the same ship

Fully vaccinated guests and guests with a valid certificate of recovery do not require additional testing to board their subsequent sailing. Unvaccinated guests will require a new precruise test prior to boarding their subsequent sailing.

To learn more about testing requirements for your specific sailing, visit our Testing Requirements FAQ