Cruise was changed!

Hi friends!

I'm assuming a lot of you got the email about the cruise ships being switched around... we were booked on Enchantment to Alaska April 2023, the sailing remains but they swapped ships for Brilliance. We had a spacious interior booked for our family of 5, (8015) and I think those rooms are really rare. The email said they would just move us into the same room on Brilliance, but I don't think there is a room like that.  Anyone who has been on Brilliance know what we may get? Should I call Royal to inquire?

4 minutes ago, Sunseeker20 said:

Hi friends!

I'm assuming a lot of you got the email about the cruise ships being switched around... we were booked on Enchantment to Alaska April 2023, the sailing remains but they swapped ships for Brilliance. We had a spacious interior booked for our family of 5, (8015) and I think those rooms are really rare. The email said they would just move us into the same room on Brilliance, but I don't think there is a room like that.  Anyone who has been on Brilliance know what we may get? Should I call Royal to inquire?

Definitely call them.  There are balconies for 5 and some forward facing oceanviews for 6 but do not know of an interior for 5.  They should make some accommodation for you.

• Like 1

I can’t remember if there are spacious interiors on Brilliance.  But there are ultra spacious overview that sleep 6.  We were in one and loved it.  It is a huge cabin.  I would call and ask they put you there if they can’t give you what you originally booked. 

• Like 1

I was on the Brilliance for a TA in a GS but they want us to transfer to "other sailings".  They've not secured any of the original rooms so hence, no suites available on any of their recommended sailings.  Quite frustrating!!!😤

58 minutes ago, Surfguyxxx said:

I was on the Brilliance for a TA in a GS but they want us to transfer to "other sailings".  They've not secured any of the original rooms so hence, no suites available on any of their recommended sailings.  Quite frustrating!!!😤

Oh no!!! That is indeed frustrating.  I hope you find a sailing that works for you!

I had the May 7th, 2023 sailing booked in 8012 (spacious oceanview) and while I think Brilliance might be a nicer ship overall, I was really looking forward to that specific room.  I'm still waiting to see where they shove us on the Brilliance.  Hopefully I don't have to wait too long, because I might want to change sailings before all the 5+ rooms fill up.

5 hours ago, Kesstral said:

I had the May 7th, 2023 sailing booked in 8012 (spacious oceanview) and while I think Brilliance might be a nicer ship overall, I was really looking forward to that specific room.  I'm still waiting to see where they shove us on the Brilliance.  Hopefully I don't have to wait too long, because I might want to change sailings before all the 5+ rooms fill up.

Yes! I agree. I like to pick my own rooms and the spacious interior had bunk beds that my kids would love. I'm up for changing sailings but we got such a good deal with kids sail free and the price at the time, I'm afraid we won't get that good of a deal if we switch!