The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday July 29th, 2022

richwmn

Thank you to all you lovely Dailyites who acknowledged and left nice messages for Pauline's dad's memory day yesterday.

Pauline cries every day for her mam and dad and I'm sure you lovely Dailyites understand.

We had a lovely day yesterday and it was a fitting memory for such a nice man Pauline's dad was.

Thank you all so much.

Pauline 💕and Graham xx

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I expect to be very late posting to the Saturday thread today.  Walk, groceries, and a church men's group breakfast.

Roy

I hope you have a lovely breakfast Roy.

Another church in our community are having a men's group breakfast this morning and Father David mentioned this last week.

I am taking Pauline out again today so I couldn't go.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear you are still having problems with your leg Sandi.

My knee arthritis symptoms were similar.

An x-ray would confirm if it is arthritis.

It is raining and 54°F this morning.

Take care.

Graham.

Good morning Graham!

Unfortunately (or fortunately) it isn't my knee joint that hurts.  It is behind the knee in the muscle, veins, tendons, who knows what.  And sometimes it hurts just below the knee and above it up the back of my thigh.  I wish an x-ray would give us some idea of the problem but I doubt it.  If I could get in to see my medical professional perhaps they would order an MRI or ?  This morning it was pretty bad when I awoke.  Getting out of bed and moving helps some.🤷‍♀️

• Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning Graham!

Unfortunately (or fortunately) it isn't my knee joint that hurts.  It is behind the knee in the muscle, veins, tendons, who knows what.  And sometimes it hurts just below the knee and above it up the back of my thigh.  I wish an x-ray would give us some idea of the problem but I doubt it.  If I could get in to see my medical professional perhaps they would order an MRI or ?  This morning it was pretty bad when I awoke.  Getting out of bed and moving helps some.🤷‍♀️

Sandi,

Have they done any blood work?  Your symptoms seem so similar to mine after I had Covid.  I still have some leg stiffness but I not as bad as you describe.  I also injured my knee while we were in Rome.  I bumped into a small table and had a lot of swelling afterward.  I attributed a lot of the pain to that.  I am finally getting an X-ray on Thursday.  Everything takes so long these days.

I am wondering if maybe you should get another ultrasound of your leg (Doppler).  Just go to an ER rather than your Medical Professional.  Tell them you suspect a DVT.  They will do it.  Something is going on there.  I am worried for you.

Terri

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning Graham!

It sounds like your hamstring muscle or knee ligaments that might have been affected sitting in a plane for a long time.

A CT scan might help.

I sincerely hope you can find an answer soon Sandi.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Sandi,

Have they done any blood work?  Your symptoms seem so similar to mine after I had Covid.  I still have some leg stiffness but I not as bad as you describe.  I also injured my knee while we were in Rome.  I bumped into a small table and had a lot of swelling afterward.  I attributed a lot of the pain to that.  I am finally getting an X-ray on Thursday.  Everything takes so long these days.

I am wondering if maybe you should get another ultrasound of your leg (Doppler).  Just go to an ER rather than your Medical Professional.  Tell them you suspect a DVT.  They will do it.  Something is going on there.  I am worried for you.

Terri

Great advice Terri.

We have walk in centres in the UK as well as being able to walk in to Accident & Emergency departments in our hospitals like I did when I had my heart attack.

Good luck with your x-ray on Thursday and hopefully you get answers and a right treatment too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Sandi,

Terri

54 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It sounds like your hamstring muscle or knee ligaments that might have been affected sitting in a plane for a long time.

A CT scan might help.

I sincerely hope you can find an answer soon Sandi.

Best wishes.

Graham.

Thanks to the two of you for your concern.  I will eventually get some answers to this.  Like you said Terri everything just takes a long time nowadays.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Kurtybee123 said:

My forms were all provided online and submitted before I saw anyone after I made my appointment.  Good luck - it’s all very frustrating and will test those with the best of patience, which I think you exude! 

This doctor probably has forms on line which we will fill in if DH ever gets an appointment.  Right now, we don't even know the name of the doctor we'll see at UT Southwestern in Dallas.

Frankly, I'm beginning to question the missed call Wednesday, since DH's phone did not even show a missed call.  They could have dialed a wrong number.   All known contact with them has been DH calling them for an update on the status of the referral and scheduling an appointment.

When he discovered yesterday that his phone wasn't rolling over to voicemail, we called his phone from mine several times until it was fixed.  I'm pretty sure the calls showed up in the call log since the phone rang every time.

9 hours ago, JazzyV said:

This morning at the Orthopedics office, since I hadn't been in a few years, I had to fill out a paper saying who they could talk to beside me, and also putting my cell and home phone numbers and checking yes or no as to whether they could leave a message on voicemail.

We'e been seeing a doctor in Quartzsite the last several years for our annual visits.  When DH first made an appointment with our PCP, he had to fill out all the forms again, and they were online as were the forms with the spine surgeon.  Only  at the dermatologist's office did we have to do it in the office, since he doesn't have a website.  At least, they weren't very detailed.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 1