proctored covid testing with facetime

Is it possible to use the proctored home covid test using a Iphone 10?  I am still very illiterate in the use of the Iphone and computer.  We have a 3 nite pre-cruise in Ft. Lauderdale before leaving on the Odessey 8 night in December.  I have started to look at using Lab Doctors near the port but would like a plan B.  I have been looking at You Tube videos but still afraid of making a irreversible mistake.  I'm still believe in the KISS concept.  

Another question..We will be staying at the Hilton Marina near the port.  Will I be able to print out the results there using email without joining Hilton Honors (I think that is the name)?  We don't travel too much except to cruise every other year or so.  

Maybe I'll change my name to Old Fart if I can figure out how.  But for now I'll keep using Xray.

Thanks

What is "the home proctored covid test"? Could you be more specific?

You can use any legit test you want with sites like RapidTestAndTrace or OnPoint. They each use different methods of video calling though. If you mean the emed test RC encourages you to buy, I'm not sure what they use as I've never used those but many here have and will be able to help.

For example, RT&T uses a program called Microsoft Teams but you don't have to download it or set up any accounts, you just click on a link they e-mail you and voila! Very user friendly for those who aren't tech-savvy. It also works via phone or computer.

• Like 1

Speaking of old "Farts" I'm 72 and had no problem doing our pre cruise covid proctored tests on my iPhone 11.  I used a couple of books to hold the phone as needed.  The proctors I had were helpful and even called me back when we got disconnected.  I was using the Emed tests which I purchased through RCCL.  Good luck with your tests!  

Bill

OCSC Mike...Will probably use the recommended RCCL test if I have to. 

Ky Bill..I'm also 72.  One of the reasons I left medical Radiography was the complexity of the units (for me anyway} and the real skills needed outside of computer skills.  I must have stood in front of the beam too many times. 

Thanks for the replies.

Xray

I’m 71, and have used the Emed tests 3 times. They are very easy to do, but I understand the stress the first time using them. I used my laptop, because it was easier to position correctly, and I live alone.

if you are cruising with someone, they can hold your phone while you are testing. If I still have to test in Oct., I will have to take a test with me, and use my Iphone. Many have just found ways to prop their phones, and it has worked perfectly.

2 hours ago, xray0111 said:

Another question..We will be staying at the Hilton Marina near the port.  Will I be able to print out the results there using email without joining Hilton Honors (I think that is the name)? 

Hilton Honors is free. No reason not to join. They may send you an e-mail once or twice a month, nothing overtly spamming.