Using Nomi for covid test (Port Canaveral)

Our friends used a local public testing site that Nomi labs runs to take their pre-cruise test for Carnival and it was accepted.  I also see on posts here where people appear to have used them for Royal Caribbean.  We are wanting to use them because the test is free and the testing site is close to our house.  My concern is that on the documentation our friends received from Nomi, the CLIA number is not listed.  Royal states that a CLIA number must be on the documentation.  I called Royal Caribbean and didn't really get a satisfactory answer as to whether or not it would be accepted, I was just told that Nomi is not on their list of labs.

Has anyone had issues boarding using the Nomi test, specifically in Port Canaveral?

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, wednesday said:

It does, see attached screenshot.  

Sorry, meant to specify that this has been asked many times and we have yet to have anyone report of an issue with documentation with the CLIA # missing. Very few if any of the overseas testing centers provide that on their documentation. The check in staff don't look for it.

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Sorry, meant to specify that this has been asked many times and we have yet to have anyone report of an issue with documentation with the CLIA # missing. The check in staff don't look for it.

Okay, thanks!  I didn't think to search for that, I just searched for Nomi. I asked in reply to some of the people who said they used Nomi tests but haven't received a response.  The lab used is actually at the local hospital and they are clia certified, if I for sure need to pull one.  This is the first cruise I've been on since this crap started and I want to be sure I am not turned away.

• Like 1

I have used Nomi in Palmetto four times and in Bradenton to sail on Independence of the Seas in June.   Never a problem, not even a second glance.  If you register online in advance, it saves a lot of time on site.  There were several people on their phones doing the registration at the entrance to the testing site in June

The port doesn't care about a CLIA #, you'll be fine.

Just used an online proctor that doesn't have one at PC last Friday, no issues. They only check for your name, test date, and "Negative."

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I have used Nomi in Palmetto four times and in Bradenton to sail on Independence of the Seas in June.   Never a problem, not even a second glance.  If you register online in advance, it saves a lot of time on site.  There were several people on their phones doing the registration at the entrance to the testing site in June

Thanks!  It makes me feel better to see that others have used it with no issues.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

The port doesn't care about a CLIA #, you'll be fine.

Just used an online proctor that doesn't have one at PC last Friday, no issues. They only check for your name, test date, and "Negative."

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks!  

4 minutes ago, wednesday said:

Thanks!  It makes me feel better to see that others have used it with no issues.  

I've taken  8 cruises since the restart using my Healthcare provider for the test and there has never been a CLIA number on any of them.  They just look for your name date of test ,type of test  and results

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I've taken  8 cruises since the restart using my Healthcare provider for the test and there has never been a CLIA number on any of them.  They just look for your name date of test ,type of test  and results

Thanks!  I'm feeling better about this.  🙂

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wednesday said:

It does, see attached screenshot.  I also just had a Royal agent tell me the same thing.

Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 10.55.38 AM.png

Eight of us used Nomi with no problems and no CLIA number.

• Like 1