Group Rates

vacation44

We have six cabins booked for a 2024 cruise and were just approved as a group to receive the 15% discount because we are so far out.   

When booking with a group rate, are you locked into the discounted rate and cabin?   Does anyone know if you are still eligible for price reductions before final payment?    Are you able to upgrade your cabin yourself and keep the discounted percentage?  

3 hours ago, Homosassa said:

You need to talk to either your Travel Agent that holds the group booking or your contact at NCL.

I have and, unfortunately, I do not have 100% confidence in my PCCs answer.   So I thought I would see if anyone here has any recent experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

I have and, unfortunately, I do not have 100% confidence in my PCCs answer.   So I thought I would see if anyone here has any recent experience.

You have a group rate and the conditions attached to your rate may differ from other people's experience.

Look at your confirmation for details or ask for answers in writing.

19 hours ago, TaffyK said:

I was wondering if any of your cabins were studios or all 2 person rooms?

We have five Club Balcony Suites with two passengers and one regular balcony cabin with 1 passenger.  Total six cabins with 11 passengers.

On 7/30/2022 at 12:58 PM, SeaShark said:

What was your PCCs answer and what about it is causing you the lack of confidence?

When the group pricing came through, one of the cabins was about $50 more than four identical cabins.    When I inquired, I was told that was because the others were booked a few months earlier.    This left me a little unsure as there was a price reduction a few weeks back that we took advantage of for all of the cabins so technically, all five identical cabins should have had the same rates regardless of when they were originally booked.   

I did end up emailing again and did get the updated pricing for the cabin in question.     

Thank you, we have 7 cabins, 3 balconies and 4 studio.  My PCC informed me studios only count as 1/2. With the 3 balconies 4 studios, we still qualified as a "group". 

Thank you so much for the info on the Club Balcony Suites, thinking of changing my cabin and good to know I will still get the discount of 10%

5 hours ago, TaffyK said:

Thank you, we have 7 cabins, 3 balconies and 4 studio.  My PCC informed me studios only count as 1/2. With the 3 balconies 4 studios, we still qualified as a "group". 

Thank you so much for the info on the Club Balcony Suites, thinking of changing my cabin and good to know I will still get the discount of 10%

Yes, as long as they are the regular club balcony suites and not the family or large balcony ones.  We had the large balcony ones and had to change to regular club balcony.   

How far out is your sailing?  My understanding is that also changes the discount.   We got 15% and $100 OBC on each cabin.