Observations From The Poop Deck (Seashore)

morpheusofthesea

Tonight is packing night. Car is gassed up. Read on FB that MSC is telling passengers that call into MSC 'Central' that the terminal where we will departing will be Terminal G. That is strange, seeing that 2 weeks ago it was Terminal E, that our cruise documents :

Terminal E. It is printed on page 13: 08. "MAIN STEPS FOR EMBARKATION

Port:

Port Miami is known as the “Cruise Capital of

the World” and is in close proximity to Fort

Lauderdale (23 miles north), West Palm Beach

(71 miles north) and Orlando (238 miles north).

1015 N. America Way, Miami, FL 33132.

MSC Ships will be docking in Terminal E."

But things do happen. Terminal G would be a better terminal, parking wise, with Garage G across the street. So we called our TA and she called MSC this evening and they are still saying Terminal G. Not a big deal except when we get to the port I have to keep my eyes on the road and the many pedestrians and cars, buses, ubers, taxis, police and white tents.

• Like 1

When I said on Meraviglia, the ship sailed from that Terminal (it appears to have been significantly improved since I was there) and parked in Garage G.  "Keep my eyes on the road" etc., yes.  I'd recommend that.  It was chaotic when I was there in January, 2020.  Maybe, signage, etc. has proved since then.  

I found the White Tent to be impossible to get to by car because of the traffic and the police officer who refused to allow me to pull into a spot that was close to the tent.  "Keep moving!" was what I kept hearing, even after I protested.  Not wanting a ticket, I followed her instructions.  Getting to a place where I could leave my luggage with a Porter was a mess.  The worst that I have ever experienced at any port.  I wish you better luck.  

• Thanks 1

Well the terminal is still E. Parking lot was open across street, 5 minutes back to white tent. No check in at white tent until 9:30. Terminal opens at 10. Spoke to porter. Says that this Terminal E is smaller and meant to house Carnival’s smaller ships. That the Seashore will be housed at Terminal C when Terminal F construction will be finished for Carnival, sometime in October. Garage D will be parking of choice then.

• Thanks 1

Something interesting. There is a FREE covid testing site in the parking lot across the street from Terminal E. Drive up, 20 minutes and e-mailed results accepted by cruise line. I asked the YC porter (who is the same gentleman we have had port our luggage here on several occasions), if it was really FREE as advertised ? Yes, It really is FREE. It is a port of Miami service for incoming guests from around the world.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mafig said:

I had read about this too.  But only one post.  You would think it would be advertised and common knowledge.  It sure would help some people.

I took a photo from our cabin balcony on the 16th deck of the parking lot with the two tents set up for FREE covid tests.IMG_2087.thumb.jpg.9deae2204cef65d4fa53d89f77e4f847.jpg

July 30. Back to Seashore, just as promised. I’ll be sitting at home, enjoying yet another virtual cruise. 

I tested positive for COVID yesterday, after a week of coughing (it has presented as a mild case of bronchitis). Hoping any traces will be gone before my Oct 1 sail date on Seashore.

Ironically, I think I must have been exposed while at a transfusion center - getting immune-boosting plasma derivatives! 

7 minutes ago, alohayall said:

July 30. Back to Seashore, just as promised. I’ll be sitting at home, enjoying yet another virtual cruise

I hope I don't disappoint you. Everyone has been great. Were told that the last 2 weeks there have been over 5000 passengers on board so there were 3 shows in the Madison Theatre. This cruise the count dropped below 5000 so back to two shows. Tonight was "Gravity". Having seen this same show in prior sailings we noticed the songs were the same, but the acts were different performers. Which is great news for repeaters like ourselves.

19 minutes ago, alohayall said:

Why can’t they get the simplest info straight when you call?  It baffles me.  

Yes, that thought has crossed my mind as well. I think the best advice has been posted before...don't call.

I am easily entertained by those who are enjoying themselves (when they are not snarky).  

I extrapolate what I like and can use for the future.  And I am not a YC cruiser - I don’t like the hovering help.  At dinner, I just want glasses to not go empty.  And a look over to see that I am not trying to flag down the waiter. 

But, truly, happy cruisers help me think of good things I have had on vacations. Just mention Hawaii or a cruise to Alaska and a smile comes over my face as I think of places I have been.

I cannot imagine an area like YC with children. I sailed NCL last fall with only adults and it was so different without them around. The adults seemed more relaxed. I called it the Chitty Chitty Bang Band Toymaker’s cruise. That’s how I think if Concierge areas - but obviously not in YC. Are they typically well behaved?  (Children on my Disney cruises are, in general.). 

6 minutes ago, alohayall said:

I cannot imagine an area like YC with children. 

We do not frequent the same spots. No jacuzzis, hot tubs, swimming pools or buffets. So to us as long as they do not sit behind me and kick the back of my seat I am a 'happy camper'.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In Saturday's daily planner, under the heading "Today's Offers", is a FREE liquor tasting for only one hour at 7:15 pm in the Duty Free Shop. Buy 2 bottles of Grey Goose Vodka and take 30% off. For those that enjoy the Aurea Spa "Book any 50 minute spa treatment today and receive 80 minutes". There is a Voyager Club discount the first day only, Saturday, of $10 'welcome' discount for every $50 spent in any onboard shops. I guess one is not so 'welcome' at the Venchi chocolate kiosk.

11 hours ago, alohayall said:

July 30. Back to Seashore, just as promised. I’ll be sitting at home, enjoying yet another virtual cruise. 

I tested positive for COVID yesterday

We are in the same boat, or not on any boat at all as it were. My spousal unit had a dreaded second pink line on the antigen test so we are not on this sailing as planned.

I'm looking forward to following @morpheusoftheseaposts instead. Not quite the same as being there, but it will have to do.

• Thanks 1

Took a quick walk through the Market Place Buffet (we tried holding our breaths). The entire buffet is open. Also it appears that 'the powers that be' have determined there will be 3 shows again this sailing in the Madison Theatre. 6:30, 8:00, and 9:30pm. A new act in the Cabaret Rouge, "Rockin' Divas" 7:30 and 9:30. (Interesting caveat in smaller print at the end of Entertainment Highlights :"We kindly ask our guests to avoid going on the stage area with glasses or drinks.")  On the same page under the heading "Important To Know" is "!" (exclamation sign) Public Room Etiquette "In keeping with luxury hotels ashore we would respectfully ask that guests do not remove their shoes in the public rooms or put bare feet on the furniture".  I wonder if there will be similar notices warranted on MSC's Explora class ships?

• Thanks 1

Conspicuously absent from today's Daily Planner is the FREE Specialty Dining Tour. We will search out Moustafa, the Director of Specialty Dining, to ask why ? 

P.S.  Under Today's Highlights : Evening Dress: Elegant 

"On Gala Night, dress to impress! Whether that means a tuxedo, suit and tie, evening gown or cocktail dress, or perhaps its your very best jeans and polo shirt, your attire should fit your own level of elegance".

"Please note that shorts, flip flops, tank tops and t-shirts are not welcomed in the main dining rooms, lounges, theatre and during the Captain's Gala toast."

Edited by morpheusofthesea
p.s.

I received an invitation to the specialty dining sampling in the daily papework thats placed on the room door.... Today (sea day) 1:30pm Deck 8 aft Cocktail bar is the meeting spot.

If the MSC President of US operations is still onboard they will have a lunch on Thursday seeking input from the invited guests. It was pleasing to hear about some changes coming to Voyagers Club.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TwoAdriftAtSea said:

I received an invitation to the specialty dining sampling in the daily papework thats placed on the room door.... Today (sea day) 1:30pm Deck 8 aft Cocktail bar is the meeting spot.

If the MSC President of US operations is still onboard they will have a lunch on Thursday seeking input from the invited guests. It was pleasing to hear about some changes coming to Voyagers Club.

What ship were you on, what date was this ? 

In the one photo is the front of Terminal E taken while standing besides the YC white tents waiting for the YC check-in attendants to arrive. Please note in the far background of the front are two white tent tops NOT Yacht Club check-in but DO turn into the driveway and continue further another 500 feet to this second set of white tents with this blue flag pictured in second photo. The blue flags are to now denote which white tents are really Yacht Club.

P.S. Crosswalk is very convenient to the parking lot just across the street from Terminal E.

IMG_2082.jpg

IMG_2084.jpg

Edited by morpheusofthesea
p.s.
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

What ship were you on, what date was this ? 

I am still on the Seashore, I am doing the back to back...

I embarked the 23rd of July, the luncheon with the President and two other higher ups with MSC was on the 28th, I am pretty sure they said they were staying onboard for the 2nd leg of the cruise so possibly having another luncheon this coming Thursday Aug 4th.

Edited by TwoAdriftAtSea
added

1 hour ago, TwoAdriftAtSea said:

I am still on the Seashore, I am doing the back to back...

I embarked the 23rd of July, the luncheon with the President and two other higher ups with MSC was on the 28th, I am pretty sure they said they were staying onboard for the 2nd leg of the cruise so possibly having another luncheon this coming Thursday Aug 4th.

Thanks. Just came from the Specialty Tour. The 'big wigs' were on last week. Just questioned Mustafa's protege. Appears the invitation went out to everyone on the ship, EXCEPT Yacht Club.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

"Appears the invitation went out to everyone on the ship, EXCEPT Yacht Club."

That makes more sense, really.

If YCers are happy with their food, the motivation is somewhat diminished to go to specialty dining.

For the rest of the ship, the specialty dining is a bigger step up from buffet and MDR.

If passenger budget allows, non-YCers will provide better returns on the free food tour.

• Like 1