Dining Reservations for large group

VLZT

Specialty venues may not be able to put together tables for that size, especially at peak times.  The largest table in those venues is generally 10.  I believe each ship has a "group coordinator" and there's an email address for them.

You wouldn't really need to make the arrangements for the MDR in advance, just visit one of them on embarkation day and speak to the host.  BUT, if you're contacting the group coordinator for the specialty, you can let them know about your MDR desire.

I think @BirdTravels knows the format for the email address.

24 minutes ago, VLZT said:

Is there a way to make advanced dining reservations (Specialty and Main Dining Room) if you have a group of 15?   

-Valerie

As an add on to this question…when making advance reservations do you have to have room / reservation numbers for all, or can one person make one reservation  for all? 

Can reservations for 8-10 people be done on the app? 

24 minutes ago, kelib said:

As an add on to this question…when making advance reservations do you have to have room / reservation numbers for all, or can one person make one reservation  for all? 

24 minutes ago, kelib said:

I think up to 8 online, 1 can do it, might have to call.

1 hour ago, kelib said:

I can book even numbers up to 8 people for specialty restaurants on my upcoming trip. No cabin numbers needed for who is joining you. If it's for a specialty restaurant, they'll sort out the credits and freebie coupons when you show up.

1 hour ago, VLZT said:

Is there a way to make advanced dining reservations (Specialty and Main Dining Room) if you have a group of 15?   

Valerie, Call NCL and ask. @hallux is correct, there are a 10 tops in the MDR, so you would probably have a couple of tables next to each other. Specialty dining may be more problematic and may have to be requested as soon as you embark. 

Tip: With all of the different restaurants and entertainment on the ship, in our experience, most people will want to do their own thing and not get "stuck" with a 3 hour large group dining every night. Plan one or two events with the group (embarkation night is good) and decide whether you think that the group reallllly wants to eat together more often. 

In this MDR, there is a section of 10-tops and 12-tops. 

image.png.7c3d4079760c28bf63e23d0b1c1ad3bb.png

image.png.0670173f20aac81b97e459bdfcf712e8.png

This is an example of an entire Cagney's restaurant and it would be hard to create a 15-top.

image.png.dcc6092a91ac79b1445477a3e7cdf3a7.png

In this Le Bistro restaurant, there are physical barriers (low walls) to give it a more intimate feel, but also making large group dining hard.

image.png.5d779b084e158327c6895a8465b0ebfa.png

In this photo of the Onda restaurant, there is a potential to push some tables next to each other along the bench seating. 

image.png.0f66a9dd840a12989afe5cf91c17d63f.png

Some potential in this Ocean Blue restaurant 

image.png.e164035657a913dc1671031a2c03f876.png

Bottom line is that the Specialty restaurants are not set up for large group dining. 

I'm sailing with a large group next week and I made our reservations directly by calling NCL. They were very efficient and friendly. Booked Cagneys and Teppanyaki. I made reservations early enough so they wouldn't conflict with anyone else's plans. Plus eating at 5:30 on the cruise will feel like eating at 9:30 for most of us due to the time change. Enjoy your cruise.