Itinerary - should I be concerned?

NJR_76

My family and I are booked on the Legend Aug 20-28.  According to our intinerary, we are supposed to be at Princess Cays on day 4 (ie Aug 23).  While searching for port schedules for that day (as well as our other ports of call, to see how many other ships are scheduled to be at the same ports on the same day), I cannot find any schedule for Princess Cays that has the Legend (or any other ship) listed as being in port on Aug 23rd.  However, the port schedule for Half Moon Cay shows the Legend in port on Aug 23rd - do you think that our itinerary has been changed without us being notified?

52 minutes ago, south-carolinagirl said:

Not sure - but if you get HMC instead of Princess Cay, you got an upgrade!  Is definitely the best of the two. 

Unless you want shade, then Princess Cays is best.   HMC is okay for shade if you walk way down by cabana 10 or so, but it’s a hike. 

1 hour ago, NJR_76 said:

My family and I are booked on the Legend Aug 20-28.  According to our intinerary, we are supposed to be at Princess Cays on day 4 (ie Aug 23).  While searching for port schedules for that day (as well as our other ports of call, to see how many other ships are scheduled to be at the same ports on the same day), I cannot find any schedule for Princess Cays that has the Legend (or any other ship) listed as being in port on Aug 23rd.  However, the port schedule for Half Moon Cay shows the Legend in port on Aug 23rd - do you think that our itinerary has been changed without us being notified?

I don't believe it's written anywhere that you are to be notified of any itinerary change. In fact, you'll probably notice that the cruise line has the option of changing any itinerary at any moment without notification.

People who cruise often are very aware of this and it is quite common.

Not that my opinion matters but I enjoy HMC very much. 

Edited by klfrodo
  • Like 1

But often the schedules on various port schedule sights are not updated.

@klfrodo  Cruise lines do put out emails and notifications of itinerary changes in advance.  We have seen these on several cruises pre- and post-COVID.Where they cannot do this is when there is a last minute change made necessary by weather or port conditions not known when itinerary was developed.

You can also go to your Cruise Planner on the Carnival web page.  And I agree, formal port changes weeks in advance are typically accompanied by an email.

Don't sweat it OP. They are both nice ports.  It's not like they are substituting St. Maarten with Freeport! So inconsequential as to not be worth a second though really.

• Like 1

A quick search, and I don't see an official port schedule for either - just third party for profit sites who purport to have cruise schedules. Generally those just take the itineraries from cruise line websites and collate them. If the cruise line changes itineraries, those third party schedules are often never updated.

Perhaps once upon a time your cruise was scheduled to go to HMC or maybe someone made a mistake and everyone else plagiarized it.

Right now I'd say you are going to Princess Cays.

4 hours ago, jsglow said:

You can also go to your Cruise Planner on the Carnival web page.  And I agree, formal port changes weeks in advance are typically accompanied by an email.

Don't sweat it OP. They are both nice ports.  It's not like they are substituting St. Maarten with Freeport! So inconsequential as to not be worth a second though really.

Cruise Planner still shows Princess Cays, so hopefully this will remain the plan.  We actually have already been to both Princess Cays and HMC on previous cruises, and were looking forward to returning to Princess Cays (although, as you say, HMC is not a terrible substitute should that occur).

Many thanks to those who provided helpful answers - much appreciated.