Charles DeGaulle Terminal Transfer from 2E to 2F

Soxfan4ever

We were fortunate in using NCL’s air promotion, in that we have a short connection for flight from Boston to Barcelona. We arrive in Terminal 2E in the morning, and depart from 2F, with a time of 1hr 5m between flights. There are several resources on the web, and YouTube, but it’s almost ‘deer in the headlights’ mode when I try to digest the instructions. Has anybody a knowledge about getting from 2E to 2F at CDG in about an hour? Also, we’re in our mid 70’s, and I’ve never used airline assistance to get to another terminal/gate. Is this something that Air France may be able to help? Thanks for any assistance that you can provide.

Not going to happen.

And not sure why you would think that you were "fortunate" to have a short connect.

One issue is that you have multiple concourses within T2E, so you could have different routes.  What you will want to do is just follow the yellow signs to your new departure terminal and concourse.

Official airport info is HERE.

The other thing you need to do is get different flights.  Is there some reason why arriving in BCN at 9am is your best option?

Have your TA contact the airline and tell them that you both need wheelchair assistance.  If it's possible to make the connection, that may be the only way.

57 minutes ago, Sny said:

Have your TA contact the airline and tell them that you both need wheelchair assistance.  If it's possible to make the connection, that may be the only way.

Don't add another layer into an already problematic situation.  You can contact Air France directly.  (A travel agent has no more effectiveness with airport ground assistance than anyone else).

Thanks to all for their comments. We booked this through NCL, and I felt that we were ‘fortunate’ in the sense that there are countless stories of huge delays between flights. Our return is non-stop, so things could be worse. Having never flown into CDG, it appears that we could make the transfer in time, so fingers crossed. We’re arriving two days before embarkation, so things should work out. I believe that I’ll try to charm Air France staff for some support. Again, I appreciate people giving me their thoughts.

I am not familiar with CDG, but be aware you will need to go through passport control at CDG before you can continue to Barcelona. Your luggage will go through. 

8 hours ago, Soxfan4ever said:

We booked this through NCL, and I felt that we were ‘fortunate’ in the sense that there are countless stories of huge delays between flights. Our return is non-stop, so things could be worse. Having never flown into CDG, it appears that we could make the transfer in time, so fingers crossed. We’re arriving two days before embarkation, so things should work out. I believe that I’ll try to charm Air France staff for some support.

I suppose that if you booked this through the cruise line, you probably had no choice. So you will simply have to make the best of a bad job here.

The first thing is that you will have to expect your current booking to get cancelled and modified. The flights that match what you describe are AF333 (1725-0605+1) connecting to AF1148 (0710-0900). On the assumption that this is for an August departure (you're on a cruise sailing from Barcelona on 21 August?), it sounds like you're flying on 18 August to arrive on 19 August. The official Minimum Connection Time during August is 80 minutes, so your connection is illegal. The MCT reverts to 60 minutes from 1 September, so I suspect that your 65-minute connection was booked before the change. At MCT, most passengers will make it to their next flight, but a significant percentage won't. The airline is playing a numbers game when it sets an MCT, and it's already signalled that it expects August to be horrible.

In any case, that gives you some perspective on whether you "could" make the transfer in time. It's just like you "could" win the lottery - so even if you're allowed to board your currently-booked flights, you have to expect a good chance that you will miss your onward flight.

Trying to charm airline staff for support isn't a dependable strategy. It can work, but don't rely on it. Remember that to airline staff, you are just another number out of tens of thousands that day, many of whom are in exactly the same boat that you are, including if you miss your connection. If it happens, you'll just have to deal with it. You're streets ahead of many others in your personal planning by finding out about the airport's layout. And now you can make sure you know what alternative Paris-Barcelona flights you might get put on.

Spot on….thanks! Arriving in Barcelona 2 days before embarkation should allow me options (other flights, trains, etc.) to travel the 700 miles, or so. Also, my trip insurance will help absorb extra costs (fingers crossed). We’re going to give it a shot at getting to the connection in Terminal 2F, but I’ll be contemplating ‘Plan B’, if we miss the connection. Regardless, it will be nice to start cruising again. Safe travels to all!

Solution solved!! Instead of 1h 5m connection in CDG, Air France just changed the connection to depart to Barcelona to 3 hours! Just like New England weather….”wait a few minutes, and it will change!”, we’re all set….for now! Sorry for raising the red flag prematurely. 

Great.  I would only add for others that there is no need to "charm" airport staff.  When you make a wheelchair request, it is noted in your record, but there isn't a wheelchair waiting at the door when you arrive at the airport.  Staff will have to call whomever provides the wheelchair service at the airport for you.  It's just a service, no charm required.

47 minutes ago, Soxfan4ever said:

Solution solved!! Instead of 1h 5m connection in CDG, Air France just changed the connection to depart to Barcelona to 3 hours!

On this occasion, I think that I can say "I told you so" without sounding snarky. Glad that this has been sorted out, although you may want to check the precise times of your new flights.