Have all the FVs been converted to Horizon suites now?

Chewbecca

I don’t know what carimart is! But this is an X question…

We have sailed in FV (family veranda) cabins on celebrity in the past. I can see those cabins have been converted to ‘horizon suites’ in the retreat on Silhouette & cost more than double now. Wondering if the FVs on the other ships have also been converted or if they still exist on any of X’s ships as we were hoping to snag one next year. It’s not an easy question to answer on X’s website.

19 minutes ago, Chewbecca said:

I don’t know what carimart is! But this is an X question…

We have sailed in FV (family veranda) cabins on celebrity in the past. I can see those cabins have been converted to ‘horizon suites’ in the retreat on Silhouette & cost more than double now. Wondering if the FVs on the other ships have also been converted or if they still exist on any of X’s ships as we were hoping to snag one next year. It’s not an easy question to answer on X’s website.

are you thinking of the sunset suite?

33 minutes ago, Chewbecca said:

Ok, my question would be better worded as:

’do you know which ships still have FV cabins?’

Silhouette does not. 

We consistently book the family cabins as our quad of choice for my family of 4 dating back to when it first debuted with Century (no veranda back then), so I have a history of following them.

Silhouette is the only ship whose FV cabins have been recategorized initially as Sunset Suites and now apparently as Horizon Suites.  The FVs still exist for Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, and Reflection.  All 4 Millennium class ships still have their FVs as they have not been recategorized as suites.  

image.thumb.jpeg.62b222325a4af54cd9d386aa95cc0aca.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

That's a recent name change, they had been marketed as sunset suites after the Revolution.  I guess because they are forward and other Sunset Suites are aft along with Sunset veranda being aft.

So recent it hasn’t gone into effect yet.  The new name start starts Next April.

• Like 1

Having stayed in these a few times as FV, (Family Verandah) I really can’t get my head around the whole ‘Suite’ rebranding, and pricing! As a family room great, spacious, separate bedroom for parents, tiny bunk room for kids, one tiny bathroom, teeny balcony, far forward. Early wake up call due to loud anchor drop each day…. There is no way they can make this viable as a luxury suite. 

10 minutes ago, ladylemondrop said:

There is no way they can make this viable as a luxury suite. 

Assuming we're sticking with the M class version, which is important here ...

These cabins have always been in high demand due to word of mouth.  We have sailed in them (as a couple only) many times.  Our ultimate nightmare was to book a FV "Guarantee" and be upgraded to an S3 Sky Suite.  The FVs, especially on the corners (there are 6 corner and 6 non-corner per M class ship) are better laid out and with more space both inside and especially out than an M class Sky Suite.  Lots more closet space.  Truly separate sitting area.  Love the view of the wake, and on the corners, the 270 degree view at the railing.

We were always surprised that they would tend to sell for about the price of an aft C1.

That said, when originally conceived, the prices I saw, briefly, were more than that for a CS.  Not sure that made any sense.  Those prices disappeared quickly back in 2020.  Initially, I had thought that our Constellation FV TA from Barcelona would be converted to a 'Sunset Suite' as they called it back then, before our cruise, and that possession being 9/10ths and all that, we had scored a great deal on a new cabin class.  Of course, then everything blew up in March 2020.

All of which is to say, most of us consider the FVs, especially the corners, to be preferable to an S1/2/3, so paying an S1/2/3 price would certainly not be out of the question.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

None of these FV cabins have a suite worthy bathroom.   On M class yes I'd probably pay S1 level $$ for them but pricing them well between CS and RS was just crazy.

Sounds like you saw the same insane prices that I did while they were being offered.

Will be interesting to see what they really go for when the offerings begin -- or have any M class ships shown them as available already (with a price) sometime in 2023?

10 hours ago, canderson said:

Assuming we're sticking with the M class version, which is important here ...

These cabins have always been in high demand due to word of mouth.  We have sailed in them (as a couple only) many times.  Our ultimate nightmare was to book a FV "Guarantee" and be upgraded to an S3 Sky Suite.  The FVs, especially on the corners (there are 6 corner and 6 non-corner per M class ship) are better laid out and with more space both inside and especially out than an M class Sky Suite.  Lots more closet space.  Truly separate sitting area.  Love the view of the wake, and on the corners, the 270 degree view at the railing.

We were always surprised that they would tend to sell for about the price of an aft C1.

That said, when originally conceived, the prices I saw, briefly, were more than that for a CS.  Not sure that made any sense.  Those prices disappeared quickly back in 2020.  Initially, I had thought that our Constellation FV TA from Barcelona would be converted to a 'Sunset Suite' as they called it back then, before our cruise, and that possession being 9/10ths and all that, we had scored a great deal on a new cabin class.  Of course, then everything blew up in March 2020.

All of which is to say, most of us consider the FVs, especially the corners, to be preferable to an S1/2/3, so paying an S1/2/3 price would certainly not be out of the question.

Oh of course M class FV, different altogether, I meant the S class far forward rooms - I totally get why they would rebrand the FV to a suite on M class, that works! I just don’t see how they can sell the concept of suite in the S class FV as it just doesnt have any desirable features of a suite other than size. 

Yeah, the price of the ‘horizon suite’ was over £12k for the 7 night cruise I was looking at, for 3 adults. A verandah (for 2) and an inside (for 1) was about £4k for the cruise or 3 in a regular verandah around £3k. I know the FV is in retreat and includes other perks but, No, way too ££! Previously we stayed in the FV for a little more than staying in a regular verandah. 

I think it was smart to classify these as part of the suite lineup. I haven’t stayed in this cabin, but I’ve been in a CS on the Silhouette. The things I didn’t care for in the CS (No dining table, and tight bedroom space) are solved with this cabin. As others have mentioned, FVs are often left unbooked until they’re finally released to parties of 2. As a suite, i think this cabin would sell pretty well.

Does it have a bathtub? No, but I never used the bathtub in our Celebrity Suite. And how many conversations have there been about how stepping into the tub to take a shower can be difficult and dangerous?  As far as anchoring noise, the Sky Suites under the Oceanview get slammed for noise that occurs all day and night. 

On 8/1/2022 at 12:12 PM, ladylemondrop said:

Having stayed in these a few times as FV, (Family Verandah) I really can’t get my head around the whole ‘Suite’ rebranding, and pricing! As a family room great, spacious, separate bedroom for parents, tiny bunk room for kids, one tiny bathroom, teeny balcony, far forward. Early wake up call due to loud anchor drop each day…. There is no way they can make this viable as a luxury suite. 

We had this ‘suite’ last November for an ABC cruise on Silhouette. Could not get any pictures before the cruise so had no idea what was done for the conversion. Hated it. Teeny tiny bathroom with almost no storage, small shower but it was functional. The cabinetry was probably replaced but had weirdly small closets, shelving with some drawers along a couple of walls. The drawers were actually useful, so of course it was mostly shelving. The furniture shown above is accurate. I prefer arms on sofas and chairs. Was able to use pillows as a substitute. Large space but barely functional. Did not have the extra room, don’t know if that never existed or was eliminated. They offered to move us to an available s1, which I would have done if not already fully unpacked. Those are lovely corner rooms. I expected a gut, not new furniture.

1 hour ago, rjwex said:

We had this ‘suite’ last November for an ABC cruise on Silhouette. Could not get any pictures before the cruise so had no idea what was done for the conversion. Hated it. Teeny tiny bathroom with almost no storage, small shower but it was functional. The cabinetry was probably replaced but had weirdly small closets, shelving with some drawers along a couple of walls. The drawers were actually useful, so of course it was mostly shelving. The furniture shown above is accurate. I prefer arms on sofas and chairs. Was able to use pillows as a substitute. Large space but barely functional. Did not have the extra room, don’t know if that never existed or was eliminated. They offered to move us to an available s1, which I would have done if not already fully unpacked. Those are lovely corner rooms. I expected a gut, not new furniture.

That is a shame.  You are right, that the FV would really need to be gutted so a fresh layout could be done.

2 hours ago, rjwex said:

I think I read that the bunk room was turned into a dressing room/walk in closet? 

On 8/1/2022 at 3:12 PM, ladylemondrop said:

They already have, so I guess they can.  The only thing that’s changing next April is the name, from Sunset to Horizon.