One in Party Cancelling

JGB

Friends.

I have booked 2 rooms one my wife and I...the other my adult daughter and 2 other friends i.e. 3 in the cabin. We sail this Friday one  her friends needs to cancel, the other 2 are sailing as intended, I expect no refund but how about port charges? Should I inform carnival immediately or wait till we get to the port?

Thank You

Just board as usual, and then inform Guest Services that the 3rd guest won't be boarding. The refund for the port fees and taxes will be refunded to the original form of  purchase. Just did this for a cabin for two that ended up being a solo. No questions asked, just thanked me for letting them know. 

5 hours ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

Just board as usual, and then inform Guest Services that the 3rd guest won't be boarding. The refund for the port fees and taxes will be refunded to the original form of  purchase. Just did this for a cabin for two that ended up being a solo. No questions asked, just thanked me for letting them know. 

Most say dont say anything. They automatically refund port fees and taxes. Dont even tell them or risk being refared. My pvp told me just say nothing.

I guess by the time you told them they knew as they turned in the manifest before they left port. No harm once underway, but they already knew. Too late to refare you, just did nothing since they already know who boarded.

Edited by firefly333

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Most say dont say anything. They automatically refund port fees and taxes. Dont even tell them or risk being refared. My pvp told me just say nothing.

I guess by the time you told them they knew as they turned in the manifest before they left port. No harm once underway, but they already knew. Too late to refare you, just did nothing since they already know who boarded.

Haven't left yet

11 hours ago, JGB said:

Friends.

I have booked 2 rooms one my wife and I...the other my adult daughter and 2 other friends i.e. 3 in the cabin. We sail this Friday one  her friends needs to cancel, the other 2 are sailing as intended, I expect no refund but how about port charges? Should I inform carnival immediately or wait till we get to the port?

Thank You

Have them no=show.  With a reduction in number of guests, there is a remote possibilty of being moved to a different cabin.  If cancelling guest is #2, you could see an additional fare since guest #3 paid less than guest #2.

thank you for your input...it is guest 3 cancelling...now i just have to figure out how not to have the 3rd guest not have a $50 hold put on their cc.

24 minutes ago, JGB said:

thank you for your input...it is guest 3 cancelling...now i just have to figure out how not to have the 3rd guest not have a $50 hold put on their cc.

For the onboard account?  Just give them charging privileges on Guest#1 account

6 hours ago, JGB said:

fyi - Someone started a thread on the first page that they got charged a $239 penalty for a no show.