Premium suite breakfast options

bobpell

On 8/2/2022 at 5:28 AM, junglejane said:

Just off the Emerald and went to breakfast at Sabatini's whenever we didn't have to get off the ship extra early. They opened at 7:30 am most days, so if we had to be off at 8:00 am we did room service. But on the LeHavre day they opened at 6:30 am and on disembarkation day they opened at 6:30 am. I was amazed at how few people were taking advantage of breakfast at Sabatini's. When we went there were usually only 2 or 3 other tables going, sometimes just one other.

I read the whole thread and didn't see what time the Suite Breakfast ended. Did you happen to notice? We don't really sleep in super late but we also aren't the earliest of risers. We splurged for a suite for my 40th b-day cruise on the Royal in a few weeks and I'm really looking forward to the special Suite Breakfast. I want to make sure I can plan ahead on when we'll need to wake up to not miss it. 🙂

• Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 9:10 AM, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Yes it is. At first I was worried there would be poaching water sogging up the waffle, but the chef was careful.  The waffle was crispy and egg was poached perfectly.  Also these are real poached eggs in MDR and even club class you get an egg cooked in a cup and they are often cooked either over or under. 
In specialty dining breakfast I order poached eggs most days and chef sent only perfectly poached eggs. 

2631E370-0767-494E-8EAD-E086C8DF2FE5.jpeg

Perfectly poached eggs are such a delight! 21 days until our first Suite Breakfast and I'm already daydreaming about the poached eggs I'll get. The cup poached eggs in the MDR are edible but always a bit lackluster. Thank you for the info and the pics!

The times are all the same across the fleet.  Just can't remember if its on the hour or half.  As long as you are in the restaurant by the time they close the doors, you will be fine.  Sabatini's is used for some CD events.  Crown Grill isn't open until dinner.  

9 or 9:30 on port days

10 or 10:30 on sea days

STILL trying to decide what a Premium Suite is.

Club Class mini-suite?  (does not include suite perks/breakfast)

Penthouse suite?

Vista Suite?

Sun Suite?

Owners Suite?

• Thanks 1

On 8/2/2022 at 7:07 AM, jwattle said:

Also, if you're on a Royal Class, don't miss the Concierge Lounge. They have coffee, cappuccinos, and nibbles all day, with drinks from, I believe 5:30-7.

One benefit of having our two B2B Diamond cruises for early September canceled last week is that we replaced them with a cruise on the Royal leaving just two days later than the original plan. I love the Grand/Crown class ships and was so excited to try out the Diamond while she's in a U.S. home port. But after reviewing the deck plans and watching reviews of the Royal I'm really excited about trying out all the things that make the Royal Class different from the older ships. I was on the Majestic last October but for only 3 days and didn't really get to experience it all plus was only in a Club Class mini and Ruby status. I'm Platinum now and it's our first time sailing in a suite. I DID try the Enclave and am also super excited about having more time to enjoy that. Especially since I WAS looking forward to trying Izumi on the Diamond and will be missing out on that.

And our aft suite is on Riviera. Just down the hall from the Concierge Lounge. Should be fun!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

The times are all the same across the fleet.  Just can't remember if its on the hour or half.  As long as you are in the restaurant by the time they close the doors, you will be fine.  Sabatini's is used for some CD events.  Crown Grill isn't open until dinner.  

Penthouse suite?

Vista Suite?

Sun Suite?

Owners Suite?

Preeminent suites are usually those forward full suites on Royal class ships. Club class mini suites do not get suite breakfast privileges 

10 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Penthouse suite?

Vista Suite?

Sun Suite?

Owners Suite?

The Premium Suites on the early Royal Class ships are the forward corner suites on Aloha, Baja, Caribe, and Dolphin. They have a sloping wall with a window in the bedroom and a small balcony off the living area. There are Premium Suites on some of the other ships as well. They do come with all the full-suite perks though according to the info showing when I select the cabin on the deck plans on the Princess website.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, memoak said:

Preeminent suites are usually those forward full suites on Royal class ships. Club class mini suites do not get suite breakfast privileges 

Don't you hate Auto Correct?  Thank you for educating me.  I am stuck on my loyalty to Grand Class ships and do not know anything about the Royal Class.  Yes, I do know about Club Class amenities.  Wish Princess would change mini-suites to some other verbage.  

I did have the opportunity to do a Vista Suite on the Sky Princess but declined the move over.  Too forward/too high up.  I was switched from a Grand WIndow Suite to the Regal forward facing/no balcony/"unique design"...I would have done this one.  But when they switched me again to the Vista which did not have any separate rooms (all in one), that was enough to make me cancel the cruise.

Edited by cr8tiv1

1 minute ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I did have the opportunity to do a Vista Suite on the Sky Princess but declined the move over.  Too forward/too high up.  

This was my exact concern when they canceled our Diamond cruises and the replacements were on the Discovery. Discovery looks like a gorgeous ship but the Vista Suites on the Grand/Crown class ships are aft, have the same basic layout as the other suites, and have large mostly covered balconies. The Vista Suites on the Diamond are all way high up and almost all the way forward, are smaller and have a non-standard suite layout and have the dinky little balconies that are the worst hallmark of the Royal class ships IMO. We opted to take the FCC option and apply that to a cruise on the Royal for the same general time frame that still had an aft suite available. It was a bit more $ and the only one available was on Riviera deck and has basically no coverage. But better than the Vista suites on the Discovery. 

• Like 1

We also prefer aft and mid aft suites to forward suites. On grand class we like aft vista suites  And yes auto correct screwed up my previous comment on premium suites. We sail in an aft corner suite on the Royal on Marina deck. Our. CVP was able to snag that one for us when the cruise moved from the Sapphire to the Royal. Looking forward to the wrap around balcony

• Like 3

1 hour ago, donswife said:

We lost our aft Vista suite on Diamond and now have forward Premium on Discovery.  What DH really wants is Window suite on Discovery,  but it wasn't available when we did the move over

If Window Suites are of high demand, wouldn't you think Princess would have more of them?  

Location, location, location.

But Princess has never asked me for my advice, of which I would be more than willing to be their consultant for a free cruise.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/1/2022 at 11:44 AM, JF - retired RRT said:

Here's the Suite breakfast door tag and a pix of one of the items I had twice in Sabatini's (delicious!). That white blob on the potatoes is a poached egg. I requested medium-well (otherwise it's too runny for me)

Breakfast card.JPG

Suite breakfast.jpg

The poached egg over potatoes was my favorite breakfast on the Ruby last Fall, the one and only time we sprang for a suite.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

But Princess has never asked me for my advice, of which I would be more than willing to be their consultant for a free cruise.

Every time I speak to my CVP on the phone I make sure to make comments about some of the top things I think should be changed because every call is recorded. Haha! Not that anyone who can do anything would hear them.

On 8/14/2022 at 4:18 PM, donswife said:

We lost our aft Vista suite on Diamond and now have forward Premium on Discovery.  What DH really wants is Window suite on Discovery,  but it wasn't available when we did the move over

You must have just missed out as we booked one of the two S7 window suites a few days ago. We have stayed in the nearby vista suites, and they are quite nice, but since we were already in the WS for other sailings, we booked the same.  The S7s stayed available until the Diamond cancellations, as most people we know were averse to paying the WS premium and preferred an S6 with a balcony for less $!

7 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

You must have just missed out as we booked one of the two S7 window suites a few days ago. We have stayed in the nearby vista suites, and they are quite nice, but since we were already in the WS for other sailings, we booked the same.  The S7s stayed available until the Diamond cancellations, as most people we know were averse to paying the WS premium and preferred an S6 with a balcony for less $!

Are you going on November 14? We changed our booking last Monday and only the premium suite was available.  I'm glad we got a suite!

3 minutes ago, donswife said:

Are you going on November 14? We changed our booking last Monday and only the premium suite was available.  I'm glad we got a suite!

We are on for three weeks in October and two weeks in November.  Love the WS, but have also stayed in S110 and S112 right next door and were very pleased.