New CEO, new interview.

Mary229

Seems like more than we could have hoped for, vastly more relevant experience and insight than his predecessor.

I am very happy with the viewpoint of capitalizing on each lines differences rather than continuing to try to blend them all together.

• Like 2

Just now, foodsvcmgr said:

Seems like more than we could have hoped for, vastly more relevant experience and insight than his predecessor.

I am very happy with the viewpoint of capitalizing on each lines differences rather than continuing to try to blend them all together.

I do think the lines need to have defined niches and to capitalize on those niches.  I do worry as his first expertise is mergers and acquisitions 

• Like 2

It would seem that a key part of the strategy he laid out is the leadership of the individual lines.  Some of those dudes/dudettes should be worried if the "happiness" isn't coming out of their brands that this guy expects.  If CC boards are any indication, at least for Princess/HAL, the happiness may not be there right now.

As for the M&A piece, anyone who's going to be the CEO of a major corp like CCL better have some experience in M&A.  I'd bet the sale of a line or two is more likely than not.  Aren't there already rumors that Seaborne is about to be sold to the Saudis?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DCThunder said:

I'd bet the sale of a line or two is more likely than not. 

Aren't there already rumors that Seaborne is about to be sold to the Saudis?

I vote for more likely than not also 🙂

And Yes, there are rumors about Seabourn being sold to the Saudi Sovereignty

19 minutes ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Positives:  Building on the strengths of the individual lines.  Maintain the older ships that guests like.

Negatives:  Paying down $35 billion in debt.  Not being able to reinvest profits in the ships or building new ones.

For those that are keeping track (not that this matters to anyone else), but with the additional debt reported in the last quarterly release plus the 1 Billion in diluted common stock plus1 Billion in Bonds, the debt appears to be  just under 40 Billion at this time. The good news is that they borrowed enough money to pay the interest ;-). 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

The good news is that they borrowed enough money to pay the interest ;-). 

Is that like transferring the balance of one credit card to another credit card for 0% interest and a 5% fee?😄

Edited by DCThunder
  • Haha 1

It seemed his "key word" was "happiness".  When you take almost all of the amenities away and start charging for food options that were once included it is hard to think of the word happiness.  I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now but if he starts turning HAL into "Fun Ships", I'm done.  Can't sell my stock without taking a huge loss so I just have to see where it goes.

• Like 1