Speciality Dining Venues

Turk1

OK, booked on Liberty of the Seas at the end of August. Looking for recommendations for a Specialty Restaurant for one night. And, is it better to book precruise to get a better price?

19 minutes ago, Turk1 said:

OK, booked on Liberty of the Seas at the end of August. Looking for recommendations for a Specialty Restaurant for one night. And, is it better to book precruise to get a better price?

Giovanni's Table has always been our favorite although we don't do much specialty dining.

Just had dinner there on Indy recently and it was excellent as always. Wife and I both love their filet and I'm a big fan of the carbonara.

Yes, generally cheaper to book ahead of time.

1 hour ago, Turk1 said:

Has anyone done the 3 venue package and how did that work out?

We have done the three night several times.  Have never had a problem getting the nights, times or venue we wanted.  Have also done the Chops+ 1, five night and UDP with the same results. We do tend to eat late, flexibility is the key to booking onboard.  For what it is worth we have never been pre assigned a first or second night, I believe your picking a time for night one is just a place holder booking. 

Edited by taglovestocruise

1 hour ago, George C said:

I do love the antipasto board in Giovanni’s.

Had it for the first time last month and loved it as well. I usually ask if they can make me the fried calamari app from the lunch menu (sometimes yes, sometimes no). Blessing in disguise that they said no this time.

3 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

I prefer Giovanni's over Chops.  And, as OCSC Mike says, the filet is better in Giovanni's than in Chops.  Go figure.🤔🥩

I second this.  And to the OP, last week we were x-Galveston and the specialty rest were 60% empty every night - they still were not offering discounts.  But for the price & selection, Giovanni's over Chops every time.

3 hours ago, Turk1 said:

Has anyone done the 3 venue package and how did that work out?

We agree with the others, no problem in getting reservations. We have done the Ultimate Dinning Package on Allure for seven days as well. Also agree that Giovanni's is the best. We are not big meat eaters and Chops is good but the first time I went to Giovannis's i decided to try Osso Buco for the first time, now I always look forward to going back and ordering it. I look at the menu and say I should get something else, but in the end always order it. On the Oasis class ships the same thing happened with the 150 Resturante, is clearly one of the best and most interesting meals we have had on sea or land. From the cucumger mantini and salt tasting to the menu is is outstanding. And we have also done. Chierf's Kitchen a few times and would highly recommend it if you are interestd in a food/wine paring option that is outstandin. Its a little pricy but worth it, after all your on vacation. 

4 hours ago, George C said:

Chops is good, lunch is a bargain. Might consider a 3 night package you get a discount. We do UDP which allows us to eat all meals in specialty that cost about half what list is.

I wish that were the case for our upcoming Xmas cruise. On "sale" it is $306 for the 9 nights (Jewel, so only 3 restaurants). I'll be eating in the MDR (and part-way to paying for another cruise).

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, killsport said:

I wish that were the case for our upcoming Xmas cruise. On "sale" it is $306 for the 9 nights (Jewel, so only 3 restaurants). I'll be eating in the MDR (and part-way to paying for another cruise).

Christmas is a expensive week to cruise , I paid 200 on allure for 8 nights at end of November.

I paid $207.99 for 7-night thanksgiving cruise. $306 is a lot for just 2 extra nights. 

I would think there'd be less people booking the specialty restaurants on holiday cruises because more people are traveling in big groups who want to eat together, and that would require everyone in the group to buy the dining package. I can see that making it so less people buy UDP for holiday cruises. But who knows. I've never done either (holiday cruise or UDP)so we'll see.