Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

9 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

They’ve had a big reset on China of course (anyone with basic awareness of the developing geopolitical situation could see that coming, regardless of the pandemic).  So, no O-class for China any time soon.  

Singapore is the obvious home port to grow presence in Asia…. modern cruise terminal with spare capacity, great air hub with a big range of flights, stable, open, safe and the government is eager to grow tourism.  It’s a no brainer!  Would the ports that Spectrum currently calls at cater for O-class?  I think Penang was a pretty large commercial port.  But Langkawi?  
Royal would need a plan to replace Spectrum. 

That is why Royal should be looking to seriously expand in the 2023-2024 season, but as it stands, they are pretty slow at doing so. SG gov has pushed for the return of cruising during covid and that should be enough to open the doors for an O class in 2024-2025 season. So if they fail to do so with this year of deployments, it will be surprising. Likely to see a replacement than an addition. 

Langkawi is definitely a no go for O class. I don't even think Quantum can fit there without ease. Penang still works as their pier takes the length of 2 cruise ships on frequent occasions. Phuket might be out because of tendering O class which would be a headache for 6000 guests. Unless a new pier is built elsewhere on the Island.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

That is why Royal should be looking to seriously expand in the 2023-2024 season, but as it stands, they are pretty slow at doing so. SG gov has pushed for the return of cruising during covid and that should be enough to open the doors for an O class in 2024-2025 season. So if they fail to do so with this year of deployments, it will be surprising. Likely to see a replacement than an addition. 

Langkawi is definitely a no go for O class. I don't even think Quantum can fit there without ease. Penang still works as their pier takes the length of 2 cruise ships on frequent occasions. Phuket might be out because of tendering O class which would be a headache for 6000 guests. Unless a new pier is built elsewhere on the Island.

I don’t know if you have seen this article?

Angie Stephen mentions oasis class to Singapore and even Icon!

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/tips-advice/destinations/lines-like-celebrity-cruises-and-msc-return-to-asia-but-one-player-is-pulling-out-of-the-region/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t know if you have seen this article?

Angie Stephen mentions oasis class to Singapore and even Icon!

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/tips-advice/destinations/lines-like-celebrity-cruises-and-msc-return-to-asia-but-one-player-is-pulling-out-of-the-region/

Thanks for that. I actually don't think Icon is the right kind of ship for the SEA market. Icon screams spring break vibes and this is definitely not strong in Asia. Based off the first Icon, yes it is fun, but it is also loud which i'm not sure matches the current market culture especially if they're trying to attract a new generation of teenagers from the region for future customer relationship growth and loyalty. With Icon you're looking at capturing a demographic of between 13-21, whereas the growth of the local cruise industry is coming mostly from 20's - 30's, might be a mismatch, unless they can market it such that Icon appeals to the young adults and adults generation more specifically. 

Oasis class and wonder particularly offers both a better balance of fun and maturity and longevity for the region, similar to the past ships homeported in SG. IE. Legend, Mariner, Voyager, Quantum.

Edited by Ethanol95

15 hours ago, springaussie said:

Geoff I was classing the Sydney entries as not updated with the big gap on Vision booking for the around Oz cruise.

Royal must have to cut port visits in Sydney in February and March to allow the around the world cruises into Circular Quay. It has been like this for a few years now.  

(If using Anthem and Ovation I suppose they could send them both on long cruises to cut down the Circular Quay visits. )

As you say, we’ll need to see the next round of updates to Sydney’s port calendar.  

Re: The world cruise visits… 

Isn’t it just first come first served when it comes to port bookings?  

10 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

Thanks for that. I actually don't think Icon is the right kind of ship for the SEA market. Icon screams spring break vibes and this is definitely not strong in Asia. Based off the first Icon, yes it is fun, but it is also loud which i'm not sure matches the current market culture especially if they're trying to attract a new generation of teenagers from the region for future customer relationship growth and loyalty. With Icon you're looking at capturing a demographic of between 13-21, whereas the growth of the local cruise industry is coming mostly from 20's - 30's, might be a mismatch, unless they can market it such that Icon appeals to the young adults and adults generation more specifically. 

Oasis class and wonder particularly offers both a better balance of fun and maturity and longevity for the region, similar to the past ships homeported in SG. IE. Legend, Mariner, Voyager, Quantum.

Have you ever tried emailing that Angie Stephens ? I have but she doesn’t answer. I was thinking because I’m in Australia. 

10 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Have you ever tried emailing that Angie Stephens ? I have but she doesn’t answer. I was thinking because I’m in Australia. 

From what i've witnessed she's not very responsive to public customer feedback. Maybe liked a few facebook posts which concerns her duties when they are featured. Although i know of a friend who did manage to get through to her via email before. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rae8836 said:

Anyone aware of if and when we might see trips to/from Quebec in fall of 2024?  Will Jewel do 'Fall Foliage' trips in 2024?

Nope unknown, and still bunch different Dates and Ships to be released. I'm waiting on Repo's, long Caribbean and Seasonal sailings. Some should be earlier but usually by April-May when most are done

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 12:40 PM, springaussie said:

2 ships for Oz I agree doesn’t sound right but that is what the port bookings are telling me now.

2 ships would certainly bring higher fares and should attract more onboard revenue. 
Geoff we will have to wait for updates in the ports and Gavin to take his shovel to Lelepa for the media launch.

You’re right…. All but one of the 2024/25 entries in Sydney OPT calendar for Vision have now gone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Thanks Geoff.

Vision was still in Sydney Ports Saturday.

I have not written a third ship off yet but it isn’t looking good. 
We need AUD on board to built up growth. 

Looking at a first visit to this part of the world for Winter (Summer?) 2024.

Looking forward to the itineraries being released in due course.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

You’re right…. All but one of the 2024/25 entries in Sydney OPT calendar for Vision have now gone. 

10 hours ago, springaussie said:

Thanks Geoff.

Vision was still in Sydney Ports Saturday.

I have not written a third ship off yet but it isn’t looking good. 
We need AUD on board to built up growth. 

That’s a worry because Sydney is pretty well booked up for 24-25 and they won’t replace those bookings.

Hopefully Royal is home porting a ship in Melbourne for that season.

Auckland and Cairns is a possibility also.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

That’s a worry because Sydney is pretty well booked up for 24-25 and they won’t replace those bookings.

Hopefully Royal is home porting a ship in Melbourne for that season.

Auckland and Cairns is a possibility also.

What about Brisbane?  They built a brand new terminal right before covid shut down.

32 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

What about Brisbane?  They built a brand new terminal right before covid shut down.

They have Quantum of the seas there now and have trouble filling it.

I don’t think they would deploy a second ship in Brisbane.

Sydney is the biggest selling departure port in Australia but is very congested. 

Edited by Chiliburn

I’m submitting this here because it seems like the relevant thread, although I have posted separately (no replies yet). 

Brilliance of the Seas was originally scheduled for AUS/NZ in February 2024. We have a 12-nt cruise booked. Now I see that BOS is set to be in the Caribbean at that time. I only see Ovation in AUS/NZ now. 

Does this mean my cruise is going to be cancelled? Or moved to Ovation?

Your insights and experience with this are greatly appreciated. 

012EE98C-8861-4829-9C94-730537064780.jpeg

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, LindaD22 said:

I’m submitting this here because it seems like the relevant thread, although I have posted separately (no replies yet). 

Brilliance of the Seas was originally scheduled for AUS/NZ in February 2024. We have a 12-nt cruise booked. Now I see that BOS is set to be in the Caribbean at that time. I only see Ovation in AUS/NZ now. 

I think is from when Brilliance was doing Europe, and the Trans Atlantic.

Royal swapped Brilliance for Enchantment.

Enchantment was coming to Oz 23/24. 

55 minutes ago, LindaD22 said:

That’s interesting because I have a cruise booked then

3 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

Brisbane Port Bookings look boring.

Majority 7 day schedules. With an odd 6,8 and  9 night schedule. Only one 3 nighter in April before the Trans Pacific. No Airlie Beach 4 nighters or New Zealand cruises. Aussies love the 3 and 4 night cruises to nowhere in the Summer.

Quantum arrives 1 December 2024 supposedly after a Singapore dry dock. 

The million dollar question is will the private island of Lelepa be opened for the 24/25 season. 

The 7 night South Pacific cruises will need 3 ports like Carnival and P&O do from Brisbane. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Majority 7 day schedules. With an odd 6,8 and  9 night schedule. Only one 3 nighter in April before the Trans Pacific. No Airlie Beach 4 nighters or New Zealand cruises. Aussies love the 3 and 4 night cruises to nowhere in the Summer.

The million dollar question is will the private island of Lelepa be opened for the 24/25 season. 

The 7 night South Pacific cruises will need 3 ports like Carnival and P&O do from Brisbane. 

I think we have to keep an eye on Melbourne.

If a ship is deployed there , it would probably concentrate on cruises to NZ.

Chilli if you want to ride a Radiance Class ship from Melbourne just go on Grand Princess. So many similar things to Radiance. 

11 hours ago, springaussie said:

Yeah not much variation.  Why?  

I’d have thought bookings would have appeared in Melbourne’s port calendar by now.  None have.  

39 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Lelepa is opening.

But it is? 

We might get an update on Lelepa when they announce the Aus deployment.  

Don’t see why they would cut back to 2 ships if they plan to have Lelepa up and running for that season.   

• Like 1