Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

1 hour ago, craig01020 said:

I've got several European cruises booked on Norwegian too. Not sure if I'll go on them all, but you can't beat a $250 refundable deposit.

Did NCL couple times, one small things I enjoyed was the Pepsi Bottle Vending Machines. Like my Mt Dew, have had Carry it on Royal for 3 Decades. As said 2 Cruises on Holland myself, 18 and 12 niters was only $25 down during Black Friday(week) and both are in Suites. 

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

So there are still a few ships with no summer 2024 assignments.

Yup, also quite a few different Sailings yet to come to finish us off and they just happen to be ones I'm waiting/watching for. This includes another TA or more, Repo's, Long and Seasonal Caribbean's, plus maybe couple PC's. Were running at 606 Different Royal Sailings available to Book right now, some years we've hit almost 900 in the end though dont see that many happening this yr

Edited by ONECRUISER

5 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yup, also quite a few different Sailings yet to come to finish us off and they just happen to be ones I'm waiting/watching for. This includes another TA or more, Repo's, Long and Seasonal Caribbean's, plus maybe couple PC's. Were running at 606 Different Royal Sailings available to Book right now, some years we've hit almost 900 in the end though dont see that many happening this yr

607 bookings now.Let the hunt begin.lol

Any one know where Oasis and Symphony will be in March of 2025?  Also when they might open up?  

I’m trying to plant a March break cruise and the prices on Icon and Wonder are insane for suites. I’m hoping these ships will offer an alternative.

34 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’m trying to plant a March break cruise and the prices on Icon and Wonder are insane for suites. I’m hoping these ships will offer an alternative.

They are pricey, aren’t they? When Celebrity Retreat is more reasonable, that’s a big yikes. I want to ‘rent’ a suite, not buy it, thank you! 😂

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

They are pricey, aren’t they? When Celebrity Retreat is more reasonable, that’s a big yikes. I want to ‘rent’ a suite, not buy it, thank you! 😂

With our son being a teen we don’t think Celebrity will have enough to offer, but I haven’t looked either. It might be our back-up if RC pricing maintains these high levels. 

Currently a 6 night on Freedom in a 2BDR GS in 2025 is what a CLS used to be on an Oasis Class ship. Icon and Wonder are triple the price for the same week, which is more than Star Class ever was for the same week in March over the years. 

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

With our son being a teen we don’t think Celebrity will have enough to offer, but I haven’t looked either. It might be our back-up if RC pricing maintains these high levels. 

Currently a 6 night on Freedom in a 2BDR GS in 2025 is what a CLS used to be on an Oasis Class ship. Icon and Wonder are triple the price for the same week, which is more than Star Class ever was for the same week in March over the years. 

I would ask in Celebrity forums before booking anything, but don’t really think that Celebrity would be entertaining enough for a teen, especially if he is high energy, and enjoys entertainment for teens.  I would have enjoyed Celebrity as a teen, but back then, being able to swim, go to shows, and read a few good books would have made me very happy. Our son when he was a teen? Not so much. 😂

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I agree the Icon and Wonder suite prices are crazy. Too steep for us. The "price creep" on other Oasis class is also noticeable. We contemplated Symphony out of NJ, but its just too much for a GS or OS or CLS. 

mac_tlc

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I agree the Icon and Wonder suite prices are crazy. Too steep for us. The "price creep" on other Oasis class is also noticeable. We contemplated Symphony out of NJ, but its just too much for a GS or OS or CLS. 

mac_tlc

We only looked at ports with warm temperatures for departures. We glanced at Galveston on Harmony, and it is “normal” pricing for the suite cabins. That being said we cruise once from there in the colder months and the first and last days were not pool days, on top of the hour commute from Houston.  Flights times don’t look great either. 

We are hoping that Oasis is released it might be lower. In the meantime we will probably book a suite on Freedom for 6 nights as a solid placeholder.  We will book it on our NYE cruise and hopefully get the marginal benefits by doing that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Norweigian Encore looks fun and could keep you all very busy. I believe it leaves from Miami.

March 2025 look reasonable for the higher suites when tips, dining packages and  drink packages,, internet are all included.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, mets123 said:

Thanks, I'll pickup my Next Cruise certificate when I cruise in two weeks.

Those days are best guesses by me based on previous releases.  You only have 60 days from date of purchase of the next cruise certificate to get the additional OBC.  The certificates are still valid for 10 months after that so you wouldn't lose the value just the additional OBC

• 2 weeks later...

Odyssey from NYC - More Evidence!
A couple of new bookings have shown up for Odyssey, suggesting she will be sailing from Cape Liberty between November 24 and May 25. Here is a summary of all the current evidence:

1) Possible TA call in Funchal, Madeira on 10th November 2024 with destination marked as Cape Liberty.

2) Multiple bookings for Odyssey in St Maarten in Jan 2025, which line up with Anthem’s usual ‘11-night Southern Caribbean Cruises’, without no mention of Anthem anywhere.

3) Possible TA call in Funchal, Madeira on 4th May 2025 with port of origin marked as Cape Liberty. This is around the usual time of Anthem’s spring TA.

Also, slightly off topic, but thinking further ahead into Summer 2025.

Odyssey OTS has multiple port bookings in Funchal throughout the year, which are usually ports on Canary Island cruises from Southampton. Could this be an early indication that Royal are looking to homeport Odyssey in Southampton in Summer 25? I really hope so!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, toad455 said:

Not sure, but it makes me wonder if Anthem is due for a drydock during the winter 2024-25?

It looks like Quantum is getting one in Singapore November 2024.

Ovation is due early 2026.

So Anthem should be between Quantum and Ovation.

• Like 2