Changes to Flexible booking terms 3/8/22

Dermotsgirl

P&O's website has been updated, with changes effective from today.

Looks like things are less flexible now, similar to pre-pandemic

Cruises booked 3rd prior to 3rd August 2022

For any bookings made prior to 3 August 2022, if you wish to reschedule your holiday, you can make one further booking transfer up to the date that the balance for your holiday is due. This is available on Select Price and Early Saver holidays. However, the new booking must be of equal or higher value and must sail within 12 months of the original departure date (or 6 months for a World Cruise, Classic Southern Hemisphere Journey, Grand Tour or Exotic Fly-cruise).

Cruises booked from 3rd August 2022 onwards

For any bookings made after 3 August 2022, if you wish to reschedule your holiday, you can take advantage of our fee-free flexible transfer policy if you’ve booked on a Select Price holiday. This means you can:

Transfer your booking once

Transfer your booking to a P&O Cruises holiday of equal or higher value

Transfer your booking up to the date that the balance for your holiday is due (90 days prior to departure of your existing booking)

Transfer your booking to a P&O Cruises holiday sailing within 6 months of the original sailing date for full World Cruises, Classic Southern Hemisphere Journeys, Grand Tours or Exotic fly-cruises or 12 months of the original departure date for all other cruises.

https://www.pocruises.com/travel-health-advisories/flexible-cancellation-policy

21 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

It was inevitable. I hope everyone on here who was wavering or wanted to move managed to get it done before this happened.  

Yup, moved ours a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 2

But the old wording for the flexible policy said "this policy modifies the transfer policy in our Booking Conditions".  So while it also said the policy could be changed at at any time, changes for bookings made before 3 August imply a retrospective change to the Booking Conditions.  I'm not sure this is enforceable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

It was inevitable. I hope everyone on here who was wavering or wanted to move managed to get it done before this happened.  

Got ours moved yesterday from March next year on Iona to Britannia in May 2024 and it was much lesser value. Good timing.I hope all problems with P&O have cleared up by then.

• Like 3

It is a better deal than what Princess is offering, we tried to move a booking that they originally cancelled to next year, we could if we paid them £200 for the privilege for a more expensive cruise.

48 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

It is a better deal than what Princess is offering, we tried to move a booking that they originally cancelled to next year, we could if we paid them £200 for the privilege for a more expensive cruise.

Agreed the fact it remains free to change is good. However before the pandemic P&O also charged £100pp administration fee and it had to be more expensive.

I remember my aunt having to cancel a world cruise when uncle became too unwell to travel for such a long time and P&O wouldn't budge on letting them move their very large deposit to another shorter voyage in the future.  Ended up claiming on insurance for cancellation and P&O lost their custom for 10 y3ars as a result.

Edited by Megabear2

1 hour ago, Teddy123 said:

But the old wording for the flexible policy said "this policy modifies the transfer policy in our Booking Conditions".  So while it also said the policy could be changed at at any time, changes for bookings made before 3 August imply a retrospective change to the Booking Conditions.  I'm not sure this is enforceable. 

That’s what I thought.  These weren’t the ts and cs when I booked in July and paid the full balance 

15 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Agreed the fact it remains free to change is good. However before the pandemic P&O also charged £100pp administration fee and it had to be more expensive.

I remember my aunt having to cancel a world cruise when uncle became too unwell to travel for such a long time and P&O wouldn't budge on letting them move their very large deposit to another shorter voyage in the future.  Ended up claiming on insurance for cancellation and P&O lost their custom for 10 y3ars as a result.

Yes it leaves a bad taste