How to Check on a Cruise????

DAF7065

This may seem very basic.   I go to a "cuise dot com web site" or whatever,  and look at some cruises.   Then try to look at more details and  price out and needless to say I have to input my name and all my data.   Then I get 100 follow emails.   All I want to do is look and check out and see a price.   But I do not want 100 follow up emails.  

What am I doing wrong?   What can I do differently?   I hope there is a way around this.

Dave

Go to the web site of the cruise line you want to sail on. They will have different areas of the world where they sail, just check out the area you wish to go, or check the entire list. You will have to go to each cruise line to do this but there is no need to put in your info as all you are doing is checking dates, where, lenght of cruise, and BASIC cost.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, littlecruise said:

Go to the web site of the cruise line you want to sail on. They will have different areas of the world where they sail, just check out the area you wish to go, or check the entire list. You will have to go to each cruise line to do this but there is no need to put in your info as all you are doing is checking dates, where, lenght of cruise, and BASIC cost.

There are some cruise lines where you have to contact them to get price info. Silver Seas and Oceania are a couple of them. If I can’t look at prices on the website then I’m not interested.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2022 at 12:34 AM, DAF7065 said:

This may seem very basic.   I go to a "cuise dot com web site" or whatever,  and look at some cruises.   Then try to look at more details and  price out and needless to say I have to input my name and all my data.   Then I get 100 follow emails.   All I want to do is look and check out and see a price.   But I do not want 100 follow up emails.  

What am I doing wrong?   What can I do differently?   I hope there is a way around this.

Dave

You can always open a hotmail address and try a token booking under a fictitious name and details.  Then any deals you are offered are easier to access later with genuine data.  You know what the offer was. Junk the hotmail address after a couple of months.  Repeat the process in future years.

Regards John

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/4/2022 at 9:17 PM, OZ. said:

There are some cruise lines where you have to contact them to get price info. Silver Seas and Oceania are a couple of them. If I can’t look at prices on the website then I’m not interested.

That's not true. On both lines' websites you can get price  quotes directly without contacting them or providing any personal information such as an email address. You can do a mock booking and stop at the point where you enter your personal information. The "how to" details are slightly different on one versus the other but you definitely can do it. If you ask on the particular line's board I'm sure someone will walk  you through the process.

• Like 2