Report on One Voyage Arrival Group Opening (Oct 2022)

Steelers36

I noticed this evening that Arrival Groups had opened up for Regal Oct 01.  I have not been checking daily, so I cannot say the exact day it opened, but it had to be just inside the 60 day mark.  Maybe it's going to be getting earlier now than in the past.  Anyway, it worked and I grabbed Early A.  Now my MC App "home page" has the big green box with the QR Code.  Looking good.  I was thinking it might happen around this timing, but had not checked the past couple of days.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I was able to secure Group A    59     days before my cruise.  And I     WAS     checking every day/twice sometimes.

Do you @Steelers36 think Princess is starting to be consistent in opening dates at the 2 month mark?   hee hee

Hard to say, but it is a sense I get from some anecdotal reports.  I would say it is quite possible ours could have been 59 days out also as I had not checked today until this evening and did not check yesterday at all.  Aug 2 would be 59 days out, so likely then (I didn't check that day either - I think Aug 1 was the last time I checked).  Glad to have Group A 11:00am just in the unlikely case where it does matter.  Now we can show up as early as we want.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Hard to say, but it is a sense I get from some anecdotal reports.  I would say it is quite possible ours could have been 59 days out also as I had not checked today until this evening and did not check yesterday at all.  Aug 2 would be 59 days out, so likely then (I didn't check that day either - I think Aug 1 was the last time I checked).  Glad to have Group A 11:00am just in the unlikely case where it does matter.  Now we can show up as early as we want.

Just read where someone else on same voyage did the Arrival Group on Aug 2 (59 days out).

• Like 1

Where do you go to book your arrival group?  We are on the same cruise.   I looked in the Medallion app and website and couldn't find it. Not sure if it matters since we are doing the cruisetour first, so we'll get there when we get  there,  but couldn't hurt to book it anyway.  Thanks. 

19 minutes ago, MFR said:

Where do you go to book your arrival group?  We are on the same cruise.   I looked in the Medallion app and website and couldn't find it. Not sure if it matters since we are doing the cruisetour first, so we'll get there when we get  there,  but couldn't hurt to book it anyway.  Thanks. 

App 

Travel checklist

Documents and information 

move down to Suggested

Click on boarding and arrival groups

If it’s open…click on the time you want

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, MFR said:

In app click on Travel check list, then personal information and Documents, scroll down and under suggested you will see Arrival and departure groups...click on that, then click on the cruise you are trying to find the groups for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

App 

Travel checklist

move down to Suggested

I typed to slow....lol...I was on phone fighting with a companies customers service. And it wasn't princess 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When it opens, what departure time is good for those staying on independently in the disembarkation city?  I don’t want to have to be up earlier than necessary but I don’t want a long wait in a crowded public area either so I am unsure what to pick when the time comes.

Also wondering if departure times open at 59 days.

Thx!

17 hours ago, leck57 said:

I don't think it matters anyway. On our recent Emerald cruise we had the first boarding group but no one ever checked. Just seemed like turn up when you want.

---

Agreed.

On our last 8 Princess cruises (on Grand, Ruby, Majestic, and Discovery) from October 2021 to April 2022 we absolutely have never been checked; we have not spoken to anyone else on these sailings who has been checked either.

---

Edited by RSS from SF

53 minutes ago, Carnevale said:

When it opens, what departure time is good for those staying on independently in the disembarkation city?  I don’t want to have to be up earlier than necessary but I don’t want a long wait in a crowded public area either so I am unsure what to pick when the time comes.

Thx!

Opening date varies widely.  I have not seen any standard/consistency.

Pick an early time.  If you play by their rules, you can show up after your time, but not before.   Of course, we all know, there are no rules.  

I’d rather give up my late check out for lunch on the ship. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Pick an early time.  If you play by their rules, you can show up after your time, but not before.   Of course, we all know, there are no rules. 

---

And in my experience, those who are Blue Lane who have not been able to pick an arrival time can show up as early as they want! 

(And the Blue Lane people may be in a much shorter line -- or sometimes no line; this has happened to us every time we were Blue Lane.)

---

Edited by RSS from SF
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Carnevale said:

Thx!

Just noticed you are referring to departure time, not boarding time.

My experience is that the departure group times never open on the App. Just wait until you get the disembarkation letter on board and pick a time then. They would like you out of your cabin by 8am is my experience.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

App 

Travel checklist

move down to Suggested

Got it!  Thanks. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Moondogy said:

In app click on Travel check list, then personal information and Documents, scroll down and under suggested you will see Arrival and departure groups...click on that, then click on the cruise you are trying to find the groups for.

Thanks!   

• Like 1

Wow... thanks for the heads up @Steelers36 and instructions @PacnGoNow!

Got our Oct 1 check in now and BAM... Got a big green box with a QR code.

Looks like we are going on are first post Covid cruise after all 🙂

Cheers,

John

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JoRoy218 said:

Hmmmmm, we’re scheduled for Sept. 1 Diamond. No arrival times present as of 5 minutes ago. 

That's surprising.  We are on Sept. 24th Sapphire and we were able to select boarding time over a week ago.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, leck57 said:

Just noticed you are referring to departure time, not boarding time.

My experience is that the departure group times never open on the App. Just wait until you get the disembarkation letter on board and pick a time then. They would like you out of your cabin by 8am is my experience.

@Carnevaleoops, good catch.  I need to refocus the brain to digest what the eyes read…..

Same principle.  I pick an earlier time and walk off when I want to.  App choice has never been available.  Paper delivered to your cabin a few nights before the end. This way, my luggage is usually the only one left in the pick up area.  Makes it easier to find.  

Breakfast is served until 8:30 in MDR.  Buffet/IC a little bit longer.  Everyone needs to be out of their cabins by 8 ish.  Latest I’ve walked off has been 9:30ish. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoRoy218 said:

Hmmmmm, we’re scheduled for Sept. 1 Diamond. No arrival times present as of 5 minutes ago. 

Not arrival times.  You should be looking for boarding times. 

App 

Travel checklist

move down to Suggested

Arrival times are not functional on the APP yet.

Well, neither are other items. 😂

• Like 1