Ijmuiden to Amsterdam Train Station - how long

Anubi

Our port has been changed from Rotterdam to Ijmuiden. 

We will be taking the Chunnel Train to London after disembarkation.  The ship docks at 7:00am.  if we were to take early walk off and have the transfer waiting for us, do you think that we could be at Amsterdam Centraal by 9:00am?  Its a Sunday morning so I'm assuming that there won't be that much traffic.    

1 hour ago, Anubi said:

Our port has been changed from Rotterdam to Ijmuiden. 

We will be taking the Chunnel Train to London after disembarkation.  The ship docks at 7:00am.  if we were to take early walk off and have the transfer waiting for us, do you think that we could be at Amsterdam Centraal by 9:00am?  Its a Sunday morning so I'm assuming that there won't be that much traffic.    

Excuse me, but which ship are you on and which date is your arrival? 

14 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

What sailing is this???

I cannot find any ship that does not arrive in Rotterdam but in IJmuiden instead. The only ship arriving in port of Ijmuiden on an August Sunday is the Deutschland of Phoenix reisen.  A ship that is scheduled to arrive in Amsterdam is quite probable as we know. (And I hope it is not what I would fear.....).

Edited by MAVIP
forgot to mention a possibility

12 minutes ago, MAVIP said:

Excuse me, but which ship are you on and which date is your arrival? 

12 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

What sailing is this???

2 minutes ago, MAVIP said:

I cannot find any ship that does not arrive in Rotterdam but in IJmuiden instead. The only ship arriving in port of Ijmuiden on an August Sunday is the Deutschland of Phoenix reisen.  A ship that is scheduled to arrive in Amsterdam is quite probable as we know. 

Its the Nieuw Statendam in May 2023.  We got the email with the change of departure/arrival port last night.  It is also changed in My Bookings.  Probably to early for the main webpage.  

6 minutes ago, Anubi said:

Its the Nieuw Statendam in May 2023.  We got the email with the change of departure/arrival port last night.  It is also changed in My Bookings.  Probably to early for the main webpage.  

That is surprising! 

I hope that they are providing transfers?

19 minutes ago, Anubi said:

Even by public transport (start walking at 07:58 to the public transport bus etc etc and finally a train to Amsterdam Central Station) it is 61 minutes.....And please do not conclude that I suggest you to do this. It should easily be possible by transferbus provided by HAL. Maybe they transport passengers to Amsterdam Sloterdijk railway station and if I counted well:  on a Sunday morning 10 trains an hour go to Central Station and it takes 6 minutes.

Edited by MAVIP
  • Thanks 1

This port is in the middle of nowhere and not served by public transport, except by climbing over a dike! Would not think the ship transport would meet your time requirement so I think a private transfer would be the best bet. Google maps if you specify the day of the week and time of day will give you a good idea if how long it might take.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Over the course of two months this summer, the MS Rotterdam's port changed from the Amsterdam cruise terminal to the Waterland dock, back to Amsterdam cruise terminal, then to Rotterdam's port. So anything out to May 2023 from the Netherlands is a toss-up in my view.

Holy guacamole. I second what John 2003 said. We used to cruise HAL from Ijmuiden (eye-Maui-den, yes, like the island, emphasis on that syllable). There's nuffin along the way, nor at that port, but grass. Take the transfer if at all possible, because it will be on them to get you there in time. Our in-town  transfer always left & returned to/from the Marriott (Renaissance? a big chain hotel) directly across from the Centraal train station. We stayed at B&Bs & met them there. Do consider pushing back your departure time. Good luck...

Only if f you have prebooked your private transfer it will be doable.  Also assuming you will have your train tickets booked. Expected driving time on Sunday might be from 45-60 minutes. If I check HAL it is kind of strange to see departure from IJmuiden(Amsterdam) but the picture says Rotterdam. 

Edited by Ine

1 hour ago, Ine said:

If I check HAL it is kind of strange to see departure from IJmuiden(Amsterdam) but the picture says Rotterdam. 

Changing the picture is not as easy as changing the text; text HAL only quite recently changed ? 

• Like 1