Extra OBC

Vampiress88

1 minute ago, Vampiress88 said:

Was booked in April 2021. 
Guessing it’s a bribe for me to pay my balance that’s due in about a week. 

or maybe they know I’m trying msc 😂 

whatever it is I will take the £150

Gary isn't proving a big draw if I am right on the pricing!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, crompton21 said:

Gary isn't proving a big draw if I am right on the pricing!

Nah I’m not bothered about Gary. My mum probably would be. 
I prefer rock music. They had great band doing rock on Britannia in April 

• Like 2

I have just had an email from P&O (in the same format as posted above, saying up to £200 extra OBS for our 28 night, 11th November Caribbean cruise on Aurora (R217).  We have already paid the balance (last payment date was tomorrow to a well used agent who we had booked with).  I wonder how much we will get, we booked a deluxe Balcony for that one so could be a fair amount, but I assume not the £200, which will be for suites.

DH about to apply for his share benefit as well and we booked at launch price, which was very good.  Just looked at the current price for the same grade of cabin and it is more than twice what we paid, but it did sell out quite quickly at launch, so likely not much availability, unless a lot of people do not pay the balance of course.

Edited by tring

11 minutes ago, Bobblehat71 said:

I'm guessing the "up to" is what the * is for and likely to be for a suite. More likely £50 or less for balcony or inside.Its not to be sniffed at but It does look a bit desperate from P&O.

I hadn’t seen the “up to” 😂 🤦‍♀️🙄

• Haha 1

Just had an email from P and O giving us an extra £50 per person OBC to welcome us back on board for our Azura November cruise

Nowhere near as much as people are getting on the deals at the moment but better than nothing I guess 😂

• Like 2

We received a similar email (as did lots of others) last months for our Ventura cruise at the end of October. Not yet received an updated booking confirmation but when I rang them this week about something different, I checked whether we would receive the confirmation and was assured that we would. The increased amount is already on the system. 

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

I hadn’t seen the “up to” 😂 🤦‍♀️🙄

We got £150 extra for an inside If you read it it’s up to £xxx  per cabin not each passenger so you should be ok. Also the cruise was fully paid with FCC/compensation money so no need to bribe us

Edited by Mollag

1 hour ago, Bobblehat71 said:

I'm guessing the "up to" is what the * is for and likely to be for a suite. More likely £50 or less for balcony or inside.Its not to be sniffed at but It does look a bit desperate from P&O.

We had £150 for our standard balcony on Britannia in June.

We have just today received the same email informing us of £75pp = £150 per cabin OBC for our cruise on Ventura in November 2022. We only booked a standard balcony on an early saver fare so surprised that we have been given OBC. The only thing that I'm a bit worried about is that we are going with friends on Ventura and not sure whether they will receive the OBC as well? We usually cruise together and I always book with P&O direct for both of us and pay the initial deposit. Will have to wait and see whether they are allocated the OBC.

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

We received a similar email (as did lots of others) last months for our Ventura cruise at the end of October. Not yet received an updated booking confirmation but when I rang them this week about something different, I checked whether we would receive the confirmation and was assured that we would. The increased amount is already on the system. 

Hi Peter. I'm also on Venrura late Oct but can't see anything on the system confirming the extra OBC. Are you able to point me in the right direction? Thank you

4 minutes ago, jh1809 said:

They're giving me "up to £200", but "up to" could mean that I'll actually get £10 . They could equally truthfully have said "up to £5,000". 

I think the "up to" is to do with the number in the cabin. My email a while back said "up to £200 per cabin". As a solo in a double cabin, I received £100.

T&C's state this is £75 each for the first two passengers,  regardless of fare types, so this is where the £150 max comes from, not the cabin type. Unless I've misread it, but don't think I have. 

Balance is due on the 14th. Do you think that if we hold off paying for another week they'll increase the offer?😁

Edited by Happy afloat
  • Like 1