Bali day tour

eddieg07410

We will be disembarking in Bali in Mid march. Our plane does not leave until 8 pm. My first question would be how time would we have after disembarkation till we have to be at the airport? Secondly, what tour would you recommend for the few hours we have?

The best option is a private driver - pick you up at the port and take you to the airport - and arrange sightseeing. 

I used Dewa. Extremely reliable.  Contact him by email or WhatsApp and ask what the options are.

Email: dgrock1140 @ yahoo .  com

WhatsApp +6285238493089.

• Like 2

On 8/8/2022 at 7:53 AM, Mrs f. said:

Definitely Dewa. We have him for 2 days in December 

We just booked him for our March visit to Bali. Price was half way the other tour guide was that we looked into. Do you know what his cancelation policy is? Also, he made some recommendations as to what o see for7 hours of the tour. Do you have any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

We have planned.....

Hindu temple

Traditional balinese house 

Traditional balinease dance

Sacred monkey forest

Rice terrace

Royal palace

Art village 

Local lunch.

Remember we have 2  partial days.   Email and ask him. I would go with Dewa's recommendations. Btw....may take a few days to hear back. Internet not the greatest. But he will get back to you.  

Also......2 new emails from our cruise line. Now you need an Indonesian visa AND a form on your smartphone showing covid vaccinations.

• 3 months later...

We had Dewa for our 2 days in Bali 

He is excellent. Very good guide.  We went to the monkey forest. Several temples. A typical family compound. A play with the fire dance. A waterfall. The rice terraces. Palace  Went to a great place for lunch.    Just be prepared for crazy traffic.

• 3 weeks later...

I loved the sights around Ubud, especially: 

-Sangeh Monkey Forest (but not one IN Ubud, one a little bit away)

-Jatiluwih rice fields (not the more popular/populated ones of Tegallalang)

You can do these two plus lunch on a day from Ubud; not sure if you start from the beaches of Nusa Dua, or the port in Benoa, however.

We also went to Goa Gajah, Mas village, Bajara Sadhi monument (least favorite), Taman Ayun Temple, Setia Darma House of Masks & Puppets, Tegenungan waterfall, a daytime Barong & Kris dance at a temple (Batubalan? I forget.  But if you're in Bali at night, I think the nightly shows are more impressive.)  We also visited a family compound and a market (forget which one - not large artisan market in Ubud) and saw woodcarvers in Mas village.   Didn't go to temples of Tanah Lot or Tirta Empul (spelling?) but those are often visited.  We spent a night at Sanur Beach, but just because it was on the way (more or less) from the airport to Ubud, where we stayed pre-cruise.  I'd definitely recommend going out into the countryside, and not the beaches, although we did enjoy the night/early morning in Sanur.  

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea
  • Like 1