Toiletries on the SeaShore

kwokpot

I'll be sailing in September on the Seashore in an Aurea Suite-SL1. It's been several years since sailing on the Meraviglia and I've forgotten 

what type of toiletries are in the bathrooms. Looking at videos seems like the shower only has body wash and shampoo, no hair conditioner? And the lavatory looks like a liquid hand soap dispenser. Do they provide bar soap, or should I bring my own? Lastly, I don't see and videos that show body lotion supplied in the cabins. Looks like I need to bring my own body lotion? Thanks for any information !

We sailed on MSC Seashore last month (July 2022) in Aurea SL1 aft corner suite.

Shampoo and Body Wash in wall dispenser in shower. Hand Soap in built-in pump dispenser in vanity.

No hair conditioner and no bar soap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is increasingly common lately in the hospitality industry to eschew bar soap in favor of liquid. I've had notes in my post-cruise packing notes (including MSC) to "Bring some bar soap next time!". The room attendant may have access to some to supply to you, but best bet is BYOB (bring your own bar).

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

It is increasingly common lately in the hospitality industry to eschew bar soap in favor of liquid. I've had notes in my post-cruise packing notes (including MSC) to "Bring some bar soap next time!". The room attendant may have access to some to supply to you, but best bet is BYOB (bring your own bar).

While in many cases that's true, there are lots of exceptions. Carnival still uses bar soap for the lavatory sink and I just finished a Virgin Voyages cruise and not only do they use bar soap for the lavatory sink but it's BLACK SOAP that lathers black! Sure the soap smells great but it leaves the lavatory area always looking dirty.

48 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

there are lots of exceptions

Awesome. Well then, I'll just say that on the two MSC cruises I've taken in the last year (Divina, Meraviglia; not YC), this was the soap situation

soap.jpg

Edited by publicpersona

On 8/7/2022 at 11:35 AM, kwokpot said:

I'll be sailing in September on the Seashore in an Aurea Suite-SL1. It's been several years since sailing on the Meraviglia and I've forgotten 

what type of toiletries are in the bathrooms. Looking at videos seems like the shower only has body wash and shampoo, no hair conditioner? And the lavatory looks like a liquid hand soap dispenser. Do they provide bar soap, or should I bring my own? Lastly, I don't see and videos that show body lotion supplied in the cabins. Looks like I need to bring my own body lotion? Thanks for any information !

I was on the MSC Seashore out of Miami July 23-30, 2022.  I was in a Yacht Club Grand Deluxe Suite.  The toiletries were the MSC Spa brand (not a land-based premium brand) but they worked fine.  I had in room:  Shower Gel, Shampoo, Conditioner, Lotion.  The shower had dispensers for Shampoo and Conditioner.  There was no bar soap nor washcloths.  I asked my room steward for both and got them on day 2.  There are no other toiletries like no mouthwash, toothpaste, etc. but they do sell this in the sundry shop.  There was no soap dispenser at the sink in my cabin.

I had a friend traveling also in an Aurea Balcony suite and he said he had all but bar soap and washcloths as well.

I was a bit disappointed to I had to use shower gel just to wash my hands when I first embarked; why no bar soap?  But, I've traveled to so many Marriotts and Hiltons that give you that very basic wax soap that I've started bringing my own bar with me now.  Might I suggest you do the same.

Also, note that there is only one US plug in the bathroom, that will accept only a 2-prong NON-polarized plug, and it may be overhead in the bathroom.  Any other plug type you will have to use at the desk (e.g. toothbrush charger, beard/hair trimmer).  Blowdryers not allowed on board; don't bring it.  There's one built into your room at the desk in the drawer.  There are only 2 US plugs in the room altogether, at the desk.  Might I also suggest a voltage converter.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, MmmmJason said:

Blowdryers not allowed on board; don't bring it.

That's not correct. While there is one on board, hair dryers are not prohibited. They are listed under items that may be left at home. But they are not on the prohibited list.

Edited by publicpersona

6 hours ago, MmmmJason said:

I was on the MSC Seashore out of Miami July 23-30, 2022.  I was in a Yacht Club Grand Deluxe Suite.  The toiletries were the MSC Spa brand (not a land-based premium brand) but they worked fine.  I had in room:  Shower Gel, Shampoo, Conditioner, Lotion.  The shower had dispensers for Shampoo and Conditioner.  There was no bar soap nor washcloths.  I asked my room steward for both and got them on day 2. 

I was a bit disappointed to I had to use shower gel just to wash my hands when I first embarked; why no bar soap?  But, I've traveled to so many Marriotts and Hiltons that give you that very basic wax soap that I've started bringing my own bar with me now.  Might I suggest you do the same.

Also, note that there is only one US plug in the bathroom, that will accept only a 2-prong NON-polarized plug, and it may be overhead in the bathroom.  Any other plug type you will have to use at the desk (e.g. toothbrush charger, beard/hair trimmer).  Blowdryers not allowed on board; don't bring it.  There's one built into your room at the desk in the drawer.  There are only 2 US plugs in the room altogether, at the desk.  Might I also suggest a voltage converter.

To clarify, Yacht Club showers have two dispensers:  Shampoo and liquid soap/gel.  Commonly called body wash.  No pure conditioner dispenser, but you do get Med conditioner along with all the other packages.  Glad you got bar soap and washcloths.  We've never had to ask for either as we found them already in the bathroom.  We may have been the odd one out, I will admit. We found the small outlet in the bathroom to be perfect for a small plug-in nightlight with the bathroom door opened slightly ajar (I'm at that age where I have to find the bathroom in the middle of the light and want to protect my toes from further harm!).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got off Seashore Saturday August 6, 2022 . Did not have dispensers in bathroom (more sanitary). Had these tubes, 6 blue wrapped trial size bars of soap, face cloths, hand cloths, bath towels (white logo) and asked for additional blue towels found at the One Pool deck for lounges to use in cabin and balcony. Went every morning to collect fresh blue towels from pool deck for added uses in cabin. Still got Venchi chocolates on both pillows every evening. Had paper menus (disposable ?) after one use. 6 wrapped rolls of toilet paper and several unopened boxes of tissues. Nothing missing that we can think of. Saw no cut backs from pre pandemic times.

IMG_0679.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Got off Seashore Saturday August 6, 2022 . Did not have dispensers in bathroom (more sanitary). Had these tubes, 6 blue wrapped trial size bars of soap, face cloths, hand cloths, bath towels (white logo) and asked for additional blue towels found at the One Pool deck for lounges to use in cabin and balcony. Went every morning to collect fresh blue towels from pool deck for added uses in cabin. Still got Venchi chocolates on both pillows every evening. Had paper menus (disposable ?) after one use. 6 wrapped rolls of toilet paper and several unopened boxes of tissues. Nothing missing that we can think of. Saw no cut backs from pre pandemic times.

You probably booked Yacht Club.

We’ve got the tubes in YC only.

Aurea: Wall dispenser in shower and soap pump dispenser on vanity.

1 hour ago, SirWolf said:

You probably booked Yacht Club.

We’ve got the tubes in YC only.

Yes. Chatting with a butler waiting for the trolley to return from Ocean House and pick us up (trolley only handles 7 guests at one time, earlier in February 2022. We brought up the 'top notch service' we in the Yacht Club receive with so few passengers on board. He said that guests in the YC will always get 'top notch service' no matter how many passengers. Got the 'impression' that any cut backs will never affect the YC.

2 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Yes. Chatting with a butler waiting for the trolley to return from Ocean House and pick us up (trolley only handles 7 guests at one time, earlier in February 2022. We brought up the 'top notch service' we in the Yacht Club receive with so few passengers on board. He said that guests in the YC will always get 'top notch service' no matter how many passengers. Got the 'impression' that any cut backs will never affect the YC.

We have an old friend who is now a senior officer (in the hotel department) on MSC.  He has always told me that the line emphasizes service for those in the YC.  The YC usually get the best staff, plenty of staff, and over the top service.  This is apparently a priority that comes from the top of the company.  It is what brings folks like us back to MSC, even though we also cruise on some of the luxury cruise lines.  Looking forward to our next MSC cruise (October) to see if things are still good....post COVID.

Hank

• Like 3

I understand that YC is the personal ‘creation’ of Mr Aponte’s wife. So yes, emphasis from the very top. There are separate departments in Geneva to direct YC operations. All the major executives are recruited from the luxury lines, luxury resorts, and luxury divisions from other mainstream lines. Also, staff are now not just rotations from the general Hotel staff, but are selected by performance and recommendations.  Your comments on YC staff go along way to keep them in the YC. 

Dennis

• Like 3