Good Spirits Bar Prices?

bdever

I’m a loyal Carnival cruiser trying out Princess for the first time for a transatlantic going to Spain 🇪🇸 in March 2023 on Enchanted Princess. 
when I purchased my voyage it included the drink package, WiFi & gratuity but that was last year. Now with the roll out of the premier package and prices of drinks going up I am trying to figure out if I should spend $350 to upgrade to premier from plus. Since I can have any drink delivered to me anywhere on the ship I want all of my drinks delivered from Good Spirits bar. Does anyone have the prices for Good Spirits bar so I can see if paying $350 upcharge for Premier would be of value?

14 minutes ago, bdever said:

I’m a loyal Carnival cruiser trying out Princess for the first time for a transatlantic going to Spain 🇪🇸 in March 2023 on Enchanted Princess. 
when I purchased my voyage it included the drink package, WiFi & gratuity but that was last year. Now with the roll out of the premier package and prices of drinks going up I am trying to figure out if I should spend $350 to upgrade to premier from plus. Since I can have any drink delivered to me anywhere on the ship I want all of my drinks delivered from Good Spirits bar. Does anyone have the prices for Good Spirits bar so I can see if paying $350 upcharge for Premier would be of value?

Welcome!!

Here is a 2022 list from all the major barz on Princess ships.

Good Spirits… move down and you’ll see it.

https://profcruise.com/princess-bar-and-drink-menus-2022/

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bdever said:

I don’t see the prices on there for Good spirits. Sorry about that.  I have seen them posted on a live cruise from the Enchanted.

If you go to a current roll call for the Enchanted, maybe someone will post it for you?

40 minutes ago, bdever said:

Here’s a current roll call.  Kevin and Nan are on this one @kml246perhaps they would be able to check for you?  They were on the b2b prior to this one also.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bdever said:

Not sure how to check roll calls but thank you for trying to help. 

If you click on where it says Enchanted princess in PacNgonow's link that they posted it will take you to that thread where you can ask if they can post a picture of the menu from Good spirits at sea. 🙂

9 minutes ago, bdever said:

Not sure how to check roll calls but thank you for trying to help. It looks like they were on the ship March 23 before price changed 

No, that was when the roll call started.

That is for the Aug 5, 22 sailing.  They’re OB now.  Click on the line that says…

Enchanted Princess 7 day …..   (above)

3 minutes ago, avonlady6390 said:

Just a reminder about the plus package if you go over the 12$ for a drink you only pay the difference plus tip.

I know, but if I have 10 drinks from good spirits and the price is $16 per drink then that $40 per day for 14 days… just saying 

1 hour ago, bdever said:

Since I can have any drink delivered to me anywhere on the ship I want all of my drinks delivered from Good Spirits bar.

Just an FYI - You cannot have ANY drink delivered to you anywhere on the ship.  For delivery, you are limited to only those in the app which does not include any of the drinks on the Good Spirits menu.  You also don't get to tell them which bar to make the drink at.  When you want to order from the Good Spirits menu, you will have to talk to a server at the Good Spirits bar.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Just an FYI - You cannot have ANY drink delivered to you anywhere on the ship.  For delivery, you are limited to only those in the app which does not include any of the drinks on the Good Spirits menu.  You also don't get to tell them which bar to make the drink at.  When you want to order from the Good Spirits menu, you will have to talk to a server at the Good Spirits bar.

Okay, good to know. This is contrary to what I was told by my Princess Vacation Planner. Disappointing but no surprising as it seemed too good to be true. So this sucks… what drinks can I get delivered then?

23 minutes ago, peachykiehn said:

Not all drinks are available for delivery via the medallion app. We have not seen the speciality drinks from Good Spirits offered via the app. I am addicted to several of their drinks and wish they were available. 

So which drinks are available? I’m really disheartened because I was told I could order all food and all drinks for delivery anywhere on the ship albeit some foods would be an additional charge. I knew in my gut it was too good to be true but the people at Princess assured me multiple times it was legitimate.

Hi,

it is even worse as we learned on our current Enchanted cruise. Good Spirits bar is open from 9:30am until late in the night. But the special Good Spirit drinks are not served in the Good Spirits bar before 5:00pm and you can never order them via the app.

And be aware on busy times, and sometimes the not so busy times, it takes some time to get the drinks delivered in the Good Spirits bar. Yesterday it took 45 min. at 8:00pm, when the bar was quite packed to get the drink served.

23 minutes ago, MouseBerry said:

it is even worse as we learned on our current Enchanted cruise. Good Spirits bar is open from 9:30am until late in the night. But the special Good Spirit drinks are not served in the Good Spirits bar before 5:00pm and you can never order them via the app.

Can you give a general idea about pricing? Most at or below $12 or most above $12?

6 hours ago, MouseBerry said:

Hi,

And be aware on busy times, and sometimes the not so busy times, it takes some time to get the drinks delivered in the Good Spirits bar. Yesterday it took 45 min. at 8:00pm, when the bar was quite packed to get the drink served.

The specialty drinks use a lot of fresh ingredients like fruit and herbs.  These are not delivered from the kitchen--at least not on the Sky in February--until somewhere between 1630 and 1700.  Thus, as MouseBerry said, you cannot get the specialty drinks until after that time.  And never via the app.

We also found some other drinks on the app could not be delivered depending on where you are.  There were some that were specific to the SeaView Bar and, after about a 30-minute wait, a waiter showed up to say that drink was not available.  I never received a full explanation for that, but maybe as prmssk said, the order goes to the closest bar to where you are and that determines what you can get.  As you'll discover, the OceanMedallion app is not perfect technology.

The GoodSpirits bar is, however, a positive addition to Princess.  We really liked the spicy drinks--one with watermelon and one with fresh ginger.  And great to know they are still priced within the Plus drinks package!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bdever said:

Okay, good to know. This is contrary to what I was told by my Princess Vacation Planner. Disappointing but no surprising as it seemed too good to be true. So this sucks… what drinks can I get delivered then?

The app has most standard cocktails, spirits, a small selection of wine, and beers (I don't recall how good of a selection).

The app's food menu is a pretty standard room service menu (sandwiches, salads, a few appetizers, pizza for a fee, etc.).

Regarding Good Spirits hours, when I was on the Emerald in February, they could make Good Spirits drinks whenever that bar was open.  I enjoyed many afternoons sipping one of their cocktails.  On the Caribbean in the drinks on the Good Spirits menu weren't available until 5pm or 6pm depending on the day.  I don't sit in bars nearly as much in the evening on a cruise so this was a huge disappointment.  I think I only had one or two Good Spirits drinks over 14 days on our last cruise.

The other day, someone posted all of the bar menus from a July/Aug cruise on the Enchanted.  Unfortunately the Good Spirits menu is probably one you have already seen and it is the only one without prices.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2871457-enchanted-bar-menus-august-2022

Good Spirits menu Aug 2022.pdf

• Like 2

2 hours ago, prmssk said:

The app has most standard cocktails, spirits, a small selection of wine, and beers (I don't recall how good of a selection).

The app's food menu is a pretty standard room service menu (sandwiches, salads, a few appetizers, pizza for a fee, etc.).

Regarding Good Spirits hours, when I was on the Emerald in February, they could make Good Spirits drinks whenever that bar was open.  I enjoyed many afternoons sipping one of their cocktails.  On the Caribbean in the drinks on the Good Spirits menu weren't available until 5pm or 6pm depending on the day.  I don't sit in bars nearly as much in the evening on a cruise so this was a huge disappointment.  I think I only had one or two Good Spirits drinks over 14 days on our last cruise.

Thanks, hopefully they are open more hours on seadays crossing the Atlantic.

So food is limited too on the app for delivery… good to know. Definitely not how they are selling the service. 

1 hour ago, Jersey42 said:

The other day, someone posted all of the bar menus from a July/Aug cruise on the Enchanted.  Unfortunately the Good Spirits menu is probably one you have already seen and it is the only one without prices.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2871457-enchanted-bar-menus-august-2022

Good Spirits menu Aug 2022.pdf 4.3 MB · 14 downloads

Yes, I need the prices but thank you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MouseBerry said:

Hi,

Wow. So this means you have to order a standard drink to be delivered to you in the Good Spirits bar as you wait for the drink you really want. 

4 hours ago, MouseBerry said:

So far all GoodSpirit special cocktails are covered by the PrincessPlus package. So it seems that all are 12$ or less. And we already tried most of them.

Thanks exactly what I need to know