Good Spirits Bar Prices?

bdever

6 minutes ago, bdever said:

Thanks exactly what I need to know 

So, that’s exactly the same as it has been for the last year. No increase in price.

I found it just as easy to just walk up to the bar and get the drink. 

5 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

So, that’s exactly the same as it has been for the last year. No increase in price.

I found it just as easy to just walk up to the bar and get the drink. 

Yes, but Mouseberry mentioned how hard it was to get a drink from Good Spirits. 

7 minutes ago, bdever said:

Yes, but Mouseberry mentioned how hard it was to get a drink from Good Spirits. 

Because of the hours for the specialty drinks?  It really depends on the ship, I would think by March things will be better, or at least I hope so. They are short staffed now, just like a lot of companies!

28 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Because of the hours for the specialty drinks?  It really depends on the ship, I would think by March things will be better, or at least I hope so. They are short staffed now, just like a lot of companies!

Any speculation of how things will be in 7 months is just that a guess

If you visit GoodSpirit bar at a good time, e.g. around 17:30, just when their demonstration session has finished, the bar is quite empty. This was our experience. During this times drinks are served much quicker. But we were a bit disappointed by the Good Spirits bar becaus the recipe-cards habe not been provided as advertised. And the quality of some drinks, the ones with foam on it, was very inconsistent. Sometimes the foam was just not existent. But don‘t get fooled by this problems. The special drinks here are a real adventure and very unusual. Once i tried a „Watermelon on Fire“ followed by an „Apple Delight“. It is like two different worlds😊

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, bdever said:

I’m a loyal Carnival cruiser trying out Princess for the first time for a transatlantic going to Spain 🇪🇸 in March 2023 on Enchanted Princess. 
when I purchased my voyage it included the drink package, WiFi & gratuity but that was last year. Now with the roll out of the premier package and prices of drinks going up I am trying to figure out if I should spend $350 to upgrade to premier from plus. Since I can have any drink delivered to me anywhere on the ship I want all of my drinks delivered from Good Spirits bar. Does anyone have the prices for Good Spirits bar so I can see if paying $350 upcharge for Premier would be of value?

I don't think you can order from a specific bar.  If you want a specific drink from the Good Spirits Bar, you will have to do it the old fashioned way...  Go to the bar...

1 hour ago, bdever said:

Thanks, hopefully they are open more hours on seadays crossing the Atlantic.

So food is limited too on the app for delivery… good to know. Definitely not how they are selling the service. 

The food offered depends on where you are on the ship. If you are on the pool deck, you are offered food from the venues that you are near, not just room service. You are also able, in the evenings, to order foods from the specialty restaurants for a cost. There is a lot of variety of food and drink available on the app, you just have to experiment with it and learn how to use it, as well as know that the availability depends on the venues that you are near.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jwattle said:

The food offered depends on where you are on the ship. If you are on the pool deck, you are offered food from the venues that you are near, not just room service. You are also able, in the evenings, to order foods from the specialty restaurants for a cost. There is a lot of variety of food and drink available on the app, you just have to experiment with it and learn how to use it, as well as know that the availability depends on the venues that you are near.

Yes,  I would want food and drinks delivered to me at the pool deck or the deck above the pool deck or possibly the retreat pool during the day. Possibly delivered to the Sanctuary. So can I order food from the buffet since it will be near by?

Edited by bdever

13 hours ago, bdever said:

So which drinks are available? I’m really disheartened because I was told I could order all food and all drinks for delivery anywhere on the ship albeit some foods would be an additional charge. I knew in my gut it was too good to be true but the people at Princess assured me multiple times it was legitimate.

You still have a lot of choices of drinks that can be delivered, just not all.  I would not book through a Princess Vacation Planner by the way.  You're much better off booking with a good travel agent.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, toofewcruises said:

You still have a lot of choices of drinks that can be delivered, just not all.  I would not book through a Princess Vacation Planner by the way.  You're much better off booking with a good travel agent.

Well I have to say that I agree with you concerning my mom’s Princess vacation planner that I used. Talk about clueless, but when I called the customer service line to double check what she said because it did sound too good to be true they backed her up 🤦🏻‍♀️ Never again with Princess. If this sailing turns out to be my dream cruise that Im hoping it will be I will not be sailing Carnival anymore and strictly book Princess but yes, I would need a good TA.

Edited by bdever

2 minutes ago, bdever said:

Yes,  I would want food and drinks delivered to me at the pool deck or the deck above the pool deck or possibly the retreat pool during the day. Possibly delivered to the Sanctuary. So can I order food from the buffet since it will be near by?

You will be given a selection of items you can order...  Anything from pizza to salads and steak!  It just depends on what is available on the app, and you will not know until you get there!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, bdever said:

I don't think the buffet is an option; things like the grill, the different restaurants; being practical as far as what one could expect to have delivered...we found a plethora of options throughout the day on Majestic in March

• Thanks 1

From a recent Ruby post.  All drinks that were posted had a $12 price.  About eight drinks from the previously posted menu were not on the list.

Gin & Tonic Ultima Hendrick’s Gin, lime wheel, lemon peel, juniper & tonic 12.00
Azul Blanco Silver Tequila, lime, Blue Curacao, pineapple, elderflower foam 12.00
Grappa Peach Grappa, lemon, honey, Peach Schnapps, Champagne 12.00
Bangkok Mule Whiskey, basil, lemongrass & ginger syrup, ginger beer 12.00
Apples Delight Calvados, fresh lemon juice, honey syrup, St. Germain, apples, Port 12.00
Sandia en Fuego Don Julio Reposado Tequila, serrano pepper, watermelon, lime, agave 12.00
The Great Pumpkin Bacardi 8, egg white, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon 12.00
Vanilla Sky Vanilla Vodka, pineapple, Orjeat syrup, Orange Curacao, lime 12.00
The Cartagena Cool Appleton Rum, Cinnamon, orange and chocolate bitters, cinnamon syrup and orange peel 12.00
Coco Café Rum, espresso, coconut cream, kosher salt garnish, grated nutmeg & chocolate 12.00
The Butterfly Gin, lemon juice, Cointreau, simple syrup 12.00

On 8/8/2022 at 12:23 PM, bdever said:

The areas you mention all have bars nearby.  Would take you 5 min to walk up to the bar, order & get your drink, go back and sit down.  
Sanctuary has its own servers and food menus - they will take care of you.  

The app delivery menu is a set list of items you can choose from. It is not "Everything" available on the ship.  It is not very customizable.   You are better off going and grabbing what you want yourself, and getting exactly your preferences.   Its not that far.  

The speed of delivery using the app is dependent on staffing levels.  Currently all cruise lines are having staffing issues partly due to problems with travel paperwork backlogs world wide.  The delivery is based on the medallion sensors which in my personal experience are not very accurate, especially on the pool decks.  My family members were shown at the spot where the system last detected them, meanwhile they were sitting in a deck chair and no other sensor had picked them up.  We've also watched servers wander aimlessly trying to find someone carrying their items.   

• Like 1