Guest Relations?

fudge

Has anyone written to Seabourn lately please? The reason I ask is that I wrote to Guest relations and sea relations four days a go and have not received a reply?

I appreciate they must receive thousands, I did get an auto reply saying they were busy, just wondered if anyone has written a didnt get a reply, thank you.

I emailed Guest Services on July 8th with a simple question, I just wanted confirmation on where the embarkation pier was for an upcoming cruise.  I didn't get a reply (other than the auto reply) until August 2nd.  The person responding did apologize for the delay.   Luckily the answer confirmed what Google Maps told me and the AirBnB we had already booked is a very short walk to the pier.

Jackie

Thank you for your reply.

Wow, I am stunned! We have to make a decision on a cruise by the 13th August, if thats anything to go by we have no chance of hearing from them unless we get lucky!

Edited by fudge

Emails from the UK, via the web site, are ignored. This also includes requests for a quote ... so sayeth the UK office when I rang them to query the lack of response. I don't know if this applies to all non-American contact but it is somewhat off-putting.

Thank you for all your replies.

I have a very good TA who I have used for years, never been let down yet.

They passed on information to me from Seabourn which was truly shocking regarding changing a cruise 6 weeks later. I  thought I would write to Seabourn (politely)for an explanation, I will be very disappointed if I do not receive a reply. I may have to telephone them if I have not heard from them by the 13th (deadline date to change the cruise) 

5 hours ago, jsiegel said:

I emailed Guest Services on July 8th with a simple question, I just wanted confirmation on where the embarkation pier was for an upcoming cruise.  I didn't get a reply (other than the auto reply) until August 2nd.  The person responding did apologize for the delay.   Luckily the answer confirmed what Google Maps told me and the AirBnB we had already booked is a very short walk to the pier.

Jackie

I emailed for two different questions in the last several months. I eventually got a response to each, but it took several weeks.

I emailed Guest Relations on July 1st and have yet to receive a reply.  I have not had an occasion to email Guest Services in the past couple of months, but earlier this year they would reply within a month.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the difference between Guest Services and Guest Relations?  All I know is that I have emailed Seabourn a couple of times and am extremely disappointed with the unreasonably long time it takes to receive an answer to a simple question.  One time the delayed response consisted of a link to the Seabourn website and it did not directly answer my question.  I hope the service on board is better.

12 minutes ago, skybluewaters said:

What is the difference between Guest Services and Guest Relations?

Guest Relations is basically SB's PR department - handles general branding and post-cruise complaints/compliments/comments issues, etc.

Guest Services is for general pre-cruise questions and matters such as OBCs, special requests, ports and itineraries, etc.

My email (from 50 days ago) to Guest Relations is still answered/acknowledged. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, SLSD said:

All of this is just one reason that it is a good idea to book your cruise through a very good travel agent.  

As I mentioned in an earlier post, we do use a very reputable TA in the UK who we have used for years and have always had great service.

On my behalf they contacted Seabourn asking about changing a cruise we have booked, frankly their reply was nothing short of appalling hence why I have written to Seabourn direct, our TA cannot go any further

I started this thread to ask if anyone has written to Seabourn and how long it took for a response?

I know that if I ran a business and took four weeks to respond to an e mail I would quickly lose valued customers I guess.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Luxury said:

Never had a problem with my TA dealing with Seabourn so I have never had to contact Seabourn in over twenty years

We have also never talked to Seabourn, except on a ship.  I hope things have not changed and even TAs are having difficulty.  It sounds like that may be the case.