Norwegian Encore Deck 8 State Rooms, Noise??

bpgann1

I really want to stay on deck 8 on the Encore to be in close proximity to The District,  but realized that it is right above the theatre! 😪 

Does anyone have experience in these rooms? How is the noise? Thank you!

47 minutes ago, bpgann1 said:

I really want to stay on deck 8 on the Encore to be in close proximity to The District,  but realized that it is right above the theatre! 😪 

No experience but, in general, I wouldn't take a room above or below the theater, the pool deck or any public spaces.  The standard advice is to choose a cabin with cabins above, below and on either side of you and nothing but cabins across the hall from you if you are concerned about noise.  Keep in mind that rehearsals and other events in the theater may be held at odd times so it's not just about the noise during performances.  Also a good idea to avoid connecting cabins if you don't need one.

Edited by Travelling2Some

47 minutes ago, bpgann1 said:

We’ve stayed in the deck 8 rooms (and have one booked for December) and found them to be very quiet. If you look at the deck plans, many of the rooms are forward of the actual theatre, and above what is probably storage areas for costumes etc

• Like 1

Stayed in the mini-suite with large balcony area on deck 8 of the Escape. I sleep with ear plugs, but my husband does not and he had no noise problems at all.  We love staying in that area. Not a busy hall and close to the District, and all the other deck 8 venues. Booked the same area for our upcoming Encore cruise.

Edited by weltek

On 8/9/2022 at 4:56 AM, bpgann1 said:

We were in room 8734 last week and honestly, it was an ideal location.  It was quiet and we did not have to use the elevator all the time... often the stairs were quicker.  There were several places we liked to hang out within 1-2 floors.  We never heard theater noise and the noisest day was disembarkment day with all the hustle and bustle of getting off the ship.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Superflyisme said:

We were in room 8734 last week and honestly, it was an ideal location.  It was quiet and we did not have to use the elevator all the time... often the stairs were quicker.  There were several places we liked to hang out within 1-2 floors.  We never heard theater noise and the noisest day was disembarkment day with all the hustle and bustle of getting off the ship.

Yes, we love to be on Deck 8 and avoid elevators.  Easy to walk up or down a flight or two of stairs to get to most venues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superflyisme said:

Exactly What I'm looking for, You people are great!

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/9/2022 at 5:46 AM, Mandalay5 said:

We’ve stayed in the deck 8 rooms (and have one booked for December) and found them to be very quiet. If you look at the deck plans, many of the rooms are forward of the actual theatre, and above what is probably storage areas for costumes etc

I just noticed you said you were going on cruise in December? We are as well - Dec 23rd 11 night Encore but having difficulty finding roll call or info.  What dates are you traveling?

Thanks 

On 9/5/2022 at 12:19 PM, Bdarlin said:

I just noticed you said you were going on cruise in December? We are as well - Dec 23rd 11 night Encore but having difficulty finding roll call or info.  What dates are you traveling?

Thanks 

We’re doing a “sort of” B2B…5 day Prima out of Port Canavaral dep on the 11th, then 7 day Bliss out of Miami on the 17th

We stayed in a deck 8 room on the Bliss (very similar to the Encore) next to food republic (opposite side from the district). The location was excellent,  but yes, we did have noise. Most of it was coming from the game shows held in the atrium (this was November 2021, so the ship was half full). The sound seemed to come straight up the stairs.  We could also hear some rehearsals in the theater.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello, how was your trip? Was deck 8 noisy from the restaurants/bars or the theater? Was it rocky at all as I hear that can happen in the front? Also, was it time consuming to get up to the outside decks?

I have the opportunity to switch from deck 13 Club Family Balcony to deck 8 Club Balcony with Larger Balcony. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Actually deck 8 was close to everything.   I preferred that over the upper levels and never noticed any noise.  Depending on mobility I found it was always quicker to just take the stairs versus waiting on an elevator, but I was never in a hurry to get anywhere.

I believe the club family balcony and club balcony are similar lay outs with the only difference is the balcony size.  We have done both large and regular size balcony and really spent more time in the common area decks then our room decks so we felt we did not need to spend the extra money to have loungers vs regular chairs.