Canada cruise from East Coast, weather question

aeraen

So many well traveled cruisers here, I am sure many of you have my answer.  We are sailing to Canada out of Boston this week, and I am in the midst of packing.  I wonder if those who have taken this cruise before can advise me on how cool the evenings get.  I do plan to pack a cardigan or two,  but I wonder if I should prepare for cooler evenings on board as we reach the Maritime Provinces. 

I thank you in advance for sharing your experiences.

9 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Google search weather for your ports..."Weather Halifax, August" for example. You can also check Accuweather, which will give you forecasts out about 2 weeks.

Thank you, CruiserBruce.  Been there, done that.  What I am looking for is personal experience, though. 

• Like 2

Here in the Maritimes, we just finished having a heatwave like Boston had. It’s been a bit rainy yesterday and today. Temps should be in the 70’s now and at night in 60’s. Looks like it will be sunny for awhile now. We had a unusually hot and humid July. Hope this helps…

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, aeraen said:

Thank you, CruiserBruce.  Been there, done that.  What I am looking for is personal experience, though. 

We just cruised through there in the last 10 days. But that would be anecdotal info, not based on data.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Travelexpert35 said:

Here in the Maritimes, we just finished having a heatwave like Boston had. It’s been a bit rainy yesterday and today. Temps should be in the 70’s now and at night in 60’s. Looks like it will be sunny for awhile now. We had a unusually hot and humid July. Hope this helps…

3 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

We sailed Boston round trip earlier this summer.  I was always comfortable in shorts and T-shirt while DH thought it cold at times.  Today should be the last day of this heatwave and should be comfortable this weekend.  

Thank you, both, for sharing your experiences.  Sounds like a couple of cardigans should do the trick.   And, maybe a small umbrella, just in case!  

• Like 2