Single Carnival Cruisers seeking Dinner Companion

Dthomas1

Cruising alone has many benefits. I and I'm sure that other's cruising alone would enjoy company for dinner and

possibly enjoying a cruise together if both wanted. If this is you, Let's seek other's going on the same cruise

and hopefully make plans to meet onboard!

41 minutes ago, Dthomas1 said:

I'll be cruising the Carnival Sunshine out of Charleston. November 27-December 1.

Have you checked into your roll call? That might be a good place to pose your question. :classic_wink:

• Like 1

I'm a Solo cruiser most of the time and I just go to the Matre'D and ask to be seated at a singles table or a table with people 10 or 12 seats. Enjoy the company with others while in the MDR.

Fred

Edited by Wennfred
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Dthomas1 said:

Yes a while back. It's a dead roll call. I submitted it.

In my experience (three AK cruises), Alaska rollcalls are often pretty quiet. People figure they will be so busy, whether it's excursions or just gawking from the ship that they don't bother to make arrangements with others.

You might flag and alert a moderator to combine the RC you started with the one that started in May.

What Fred suggested about the M'D is a good idea. If you hit it off with others at the table you can see if they want to set a time to meet for further dinners... and if you don't you're not obliged to!

• Like 1

There is a button you can push to ask to eat with others. Dinner I didnt have much luck but found if I arrived for brunch a group of us all were pushing that button to eat with others.

For dinner for it to work you would need anytime dining and many couples during covid want to sit alone. 

Anytime dining on their app is another thing imo carnival does better than anyone else. I like that I can have a choice. If you are on dream jan 13 2024. .. lol come join me.

16 hours ago, crystalspin said:

In my experience (three AK cruises), Alaska rollcalls are often pretty quiet. People figure they will be so busy, whether it's excursions or just gawking from the ship that they don't bother to make arrangements with others.

You might flag and alert a moderator to combine the RC you started with the one that started in May.

What Fred suggested about the M'D is a good idea. If you hit it off with others at the table you can see if they want to set a time to meet for further dinners... and if you don't you're not obliged to!

That is a great idea. I'm pretty sociable but it would be nice and exciting to find someone before cruise time to meet on board.

I am recently widowed and went on a 4 day solo cruise in March.  I chose early dining thinking it would be nice to eat with the same people.  Wrong.  I ate by myself most of the time.  

I am going solo again in January on the Celebration.  This time I have anytime dining.  I posted in our group chat to anyone else was cruising solo, if they are interested, we could have dinner together.  Hahaha, a man answered and said he was sailing with his sister and he was single "right now" and that if he was still unemcumbered at cruise time, he might be interested in meeting.  I am NOT interested in "hooking up".  LOL

Op, thanks for starting this thread.  Now I know what to do... 🙂

• Like 1